Different animations for NPCs and PC

Xirifus

Hello!

First off - I've been "modding" (as in downloading and installing mods correctly) Bethesda games since Oblivion, and I know all the basics, but I've never actually made anything myself.

Anyhow, just last night I downloaded some custom animations (1H idle and 2H idle to be specific) and just dropped the anim files into the correct path. Now, these were quite feminine and they obviously applied to all NPCs, male or female, not just my character. This reminded me of Mayu's Animation Overhaul for Oblivion, which (as far as I could tell by looking at the files at the time) did something along the lines of actually making a new folder, and putting all the vanilla (i.e. NPC) animations there, thus making the default path to only apply for the PC, and also making it very compatible and easy to add animations to only your character. Or that's at least what I figured it did, I'm not really sure (can't check, I'm at work right now, haha).

My question/request here is, can anything like MAO be done for Skyrim, or has it been done already? I've been searching but haven't found anything and to me this just sounds like something really must-have, especially when more and more animation files are coming out all the time.

TL;DR - last paragraph. Also, I'm in a hurry (on lunch right now, gotta get back to work soon) so sorry if my text came out a bit funny.