resolved annoying interior flickering shadows

3aq

just thought of leaving this note here for the next unlucky fellow that gets plagued by flickering shadow pstd.

game engine only allows a max of 4 light source at any given time. no amount of tweaks will change that fact.

that said mods which changes light source, particular mods which ADDS THEM will give birth to this problem.

in my case, I had Relighting Skyrim, not saying it is a bad mod (I highly recommend it), however upon finding out what I just wrote earlier, It made me rethink just why Beth did not add logical light source placement, the answer is simply it would probably cause these annoying light flickering issues.

that said, my fix is simply removing and relying on facelight + better facelights to provide for psuedo better lighting upon character's profiles.

a follow up on this post.

after several trials, both in the dungeon of LAL and in Halls of the Dead (whiterun), I was able to find the MOST OPTIMAL setting in order to be COMPLETELY (or near it) cured of flickering interior shadows WHILE benefiting from having shadows (no need to disable shadows). Note, this relies on the fact that you do not have any mods modifying interior lighting.

[DISPLAY]

fFirstSliceDistance=24

or if you're using Beth.ini

[Detail]

Detailed Shadows= 24

Edited by 3aq