Baldur's Gate Interview

yoba333

So a few minutes ago I got an email from Cameron Tofer, a member of the Overhaul Games team who is working on the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. He's agreed to answer some questions I had concerning project, and I was wondering if you all had any specific questions you want me to ask? I have some questions of my own, but let me know if you have any you want me to ask. I'll likely send him an email back in a couple of days.

Thanks!

wow that is a great. the BG games are soe of my fav games, i still have them some were in the old huge card pc boxes lol.

As to questions, bleh there are waaaay to many to ask, But my main one would be are they using the DnD rules used in the first 2 or will they be running on 3.5 or 4th edition rules?

Secondly, will Pc users get this as everything i have seen is mac os x and nothing for the pc?

Finally, why has this not been done long before now?

great job getting a response and even better getting to ask questions. kudos to you

I would have to say the biggest question I've got is about the existing mods that are out for the original and whether or not they will be compatible with the enhanced version. Would be pretty cool if they took them as well as the modding community into account, though it's understandable if they didn't.

Another one i have is about the party members, Is there any added content and interactions for them making the NPCs closer to the way they were in BG2? The in-party banters and talks that they had is what made BG2 better than 1 in my opinion and it would be nice to see even a little extra dialogue with the other characters besides the initial joining and quest talks .

I would have to say the biggest question I've got is about the existing mods that are out for the original and whether or not they will be compatible with the enhanced version. Would be pretty cool if they took them as well as the modding community into account, though it's understandable if they didn't.

Another one i have is about the party members, Is there any added content and interactions for them making the NPCs closer to the way they were in BG2? The in-party banters and talks that they had is what made BG2 better than 1 in my opinion and it would be nice to see even a little extra dialogue with the other characters besides the initial joining and quest talks .

I dont think the mods will work as its an updated infinity engine so i think the mods will all need to re done to work with it,

I think the interaction between party members may happen, but i dont think to the extent that NWN2 has it.

I was definitely going to ask about mod tools, as that concerns the Nexus directly.. who knows, we may end up with a BG Nexus :P.

A BG nexus would be epic, no more sorcerer's place for me lol. Would be really good to do that, could even be a DnD nexus that covers BG, NWN and IWD.