Oblivion crashes when I load a recent save file from in-game

It works fine when I do it from main menu, and it also works fine when I load old ones. But if I like...die, and want to load the latest or 2nd to latest save file, it crashes. I've checked the file size differences between the ones that work and the one's that don't. The old one is ~1mb and the new one is ~3mb, can this be the issue? And might there be a fix for that issue? Also, I've tried deleting oblivion.ini and the 2 binaries in case anyone will ask.

Any advice or even help will be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know many mods don't support re initialization, means if you load savegame when you already load it you might experience ctd.

The best way to load savegame without crash is from main menu, so if you really need to load savegame the stable & ideal safe way is by restarting your Oblivion... I don't know if there is solution for load savegame in-game, especially for overmodded setup. It's just.. Many mods bad at re initialization

Does the same thing happen with a brand new game (start a new game, save it a few times, and try reloading earlier versions of it)? If not, your older saves may be missing previously installed mods or parts of mods. Have you installed or uninstalled or updated any mods since these older saves?

You can't tell anything certain just from file size differences, but if you're at roughly the same point in Oblivion and have two saves with this large of a difference, it's significant. The 3MB saves are probably looking for something they can't find.

Edited by TheMastersSon