Fix for Automatron robots losing all parts

undercarriage

Did anyone ever figure out a fix for that bug where Automatron robots will lose all their parts and revert back to a basic unarmored Protectron for seemingly no reason? I had it happen with a robot I literally had just kitted out like, 30 minutes ago, and it sucks.

I don't want to have to waste resources because Bethesda doesn't know how to code. I have a ton of robot provisioners and I don't want to have to re-equip every single one every time the game decides that no, they actually didn't need that Gatling Laser and full set of Voltanic armor.

I’ve looked far an answer to this question myself but had little luck. The best I’ve found was a suggestion to not set up robot provisioners until you’ve finished Automatron. I’ve also read it happens if the robot provisioner gets killed, when they respawn they revert back to default. Some threads say the only way to stop this is to build really powerful robot provisioners.

I know not all that helpful, sorry. I’m trying the “Don’t build robot provisioners until the dlc is complete” theory in my current play through but am only about half way finished with the dlc.

Yeah, I didn't make any until I had completed the DLC as well. Making powerful ones is fine and all, but it does get kind of... boring looking, after a while. I like to diversify their looks and weaponry, give them names, that sort of thing. I beefed up the ones that got reset, and it hasn't happened in a while. I think it helps that they level with you, so there are like... thirty-some level 65+ heavily armed robots trundling around the Commonwealth and Far Harbor.

I'll admit, I'm a bit surprised no one has figured out a way to fix this.

I wish they had added like. Some npc commentary with Automatron. I feel like unstoppable robots Hell-bent on delivering thousands of pounds of wood to a Podunk farm next to the Glowing Sea would get noticed.

I play on Xbox and PC, I have noticed on the Xbox that the bug doesn’t break supply line if you reassign then to a settlement to rebuild the robot so you do basically get invisible provisioner and a robot that can be reassigned. Still a bug but! Well just but!