Gaming laptop for fallout new Vegas

Mrfallout5000

I took a look on the site and I think the two I like the most are the MSI GT70-0NC-011US (Higher performance and $200 less than the lamborghini) and the Sager NP9270.

My laptop weighs over 12lbs and I don't like to carry it around too much. If you want the most possible performance you would get the Sager but the advantage of the MSI that its portable. Both systems are not going to be ready to order until the end of the month but the wait would be well worth it. the 670m/675m are higher up in both the model and generation of card compared to the 560m. The MSI has a SSD main drive which greatly increases your boot times, and the Sager uses a high end desktop processor so its cpu is far better than a mobile one. If you don't wish to wait the g74sx is still a really good laptop (I would recommend it over the Lamborghini simply because you are paying a few hundred extra for no added performance), but the new ones are at a comparable price and significantly better overall.

Since you want to play games you can take a look at some mobile card benchmarks so see what I mean: 675m 560m

Both cards let you play games well, but the 675m has notably better performance.

Since you have over $2000 to spend on it I would definitely check out the soon to be released Sager 9270. It starts around $2200 but it is a really powerful laptop. Here are the starting specs:

Intel Core i7-3820 Processor 3.60GHz-3.80GHz (Yes, its a desktop ivy bridge!)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory

500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive

You can make changes to it like a second hard drive(or even a third), second gpu, and even a 6 core desktop processor. It has a 17.3'' 1920x1080 screen on it also. (The downside is that its one really heavy laptop :laugh: )

Here is a link to the American site with pricing: Sager Laptop (America)

I am not sure about Australian resellers but there should be a couple.

Can I ask with a powerful nVidia GPU such as GTX675M in a laptop. How does this thing operate without setting the house on fire?

Since you have over $2000 to spend on it I would definitely check out the soon to be released Sager 9270. It starts around $2200 but it is a really powerful laptop. Here are the starting specs:

Intel Core i7-3820 Processor 3.60GHz-3.80GHz (Yes, its a desktop ivy bridge!)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory

500GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Drive

8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive

You can make changes to it like a second hard drive(or even a third), second gpu, and even a 6 core desktop processor. It has a 17.3'' 1920x1080 screen on it also. (The downside is that its one really heavy laptop :laugh: )

Here is a link to the American site with pricing: Sager Laptop (America)

I am not sure about Australian resellers but there should be a couple.

Can I ask with a powerful nVidia GPU such as GTX675M in a laptop. How does this thing operate without setting the house on fire?

I have Crossfire 6970m in my laptop, and though I wouldn't risk infertility by setting it on my lap it has yet to burst into flame :laugh: . The 600 series of Nvidia cards are supposedly running cooler than the previous generation also.