Post-Broken Steel quest - destroy Vault 87

JackTrenton

I thought Vault 87 and the Super Mutants were the biggest loose end of the whole game. I mean you can bust the Enclave, raze places like Fort Bannister, Paradise Falls and Evergreen Mills, but Vault 87 and the Super Mutants are never addressed.

The Capital Wasteland simply would not be able to rebuild as long as the source of the Super Mutants remains, regardless of Project Purity and the defeat of the Enclave. And you can never defeat the Super Mutants so long as they can take people to Vault 87, expose them to FEV, and replace their losses. It's like an ant colony, you have to get the source to get rid of the infestation. At the end of the game your character can tell the Brotherhood that Vault 87 is where they all come from, but nothing is done with that information.

I'd like someone to make a quest, post-Broken Steel, where the Brotherhood assembles a strike team (maybe the Lyons Pride) to take out this Vault and end the Super Mutant threat once and for all. They would obviously look to you to lead the attack since you actually went in it before and know the layout.

You would have to enter through Lamplight so you would obviously have to do something about the kids there first. Maybe negotiate with them to all move to Big Town or something. Then you lead the Brotherhood team into Vault 87 and plant charges on the reactor or in the FEV areas. This would create a nuclear explosion that would collapse Vault 87 and the Lamplight Caverns.

Afterwards Elder Lyons comes out of the Vertibird and thanks you or something. Then all Super Mutant spawns would be removed.

It wouldn't kill the already existing mutants out in the wasteland, just remove their endless respawns so you can finally take them out.

I thought Vault 87 and the Super Mutants were the biggest loose end of the whole game. I mean you can bust the Enclave, raze places like Fort Bannister, Paradise Falls and Evergreen Mills, but Vault 87 and the Super Mutants are never addressed.

The Capital Wasteland simply would not be able to rebuild as long as the source of the Super Mutants remains, regardless of Project Purity and the defeat of the Enclave. And you can never defeat the Super Mutants so long as they can take people to Vault 87, expose them to FEV, and replace their losses. It's like an ant colony, you have to get the source to get rid of the infestation. At the end of the game your character can tell the Brotherhood that Vault 87 is where they all come from, but nothing is done with that information.

I'd like someone to make a quest, post-Broken Steel, where the Brotherhood assembles a strike team (maybe the Lyons Pride) to take out this Vault and end the Super Mutant threat once and for all. They would obviously look to you to lead the attack since you actually went in it before and know the layout.

You would have to enter through Lamplight so you would obviously have to do something about the kids there first. Maybe negotiate with them to all move to Big Town or something. Then you lead the Brotherhood team into Vault 87 and plant charges on the reactor or in the FEV areas. This would create a nuclear explosion that would collapse Vault 87 and the Lamplight Caverns.

Afterwards Elder Lyons comes out of the Vertibird and thanks you or something. Then all Super Mutant spawns would be removed.

It wouldn't kill the already existing mutants out in the wasteland, just remove their endless respawns so you can finally take them out.

I think someone made this request already, simply titled "Vault 87". Your idea is similar to the other guy's request as far as dealing with the Super Mutants. I'm hoping someone does this really soon.

I had d a different idea wheerein it would be blown to bits from orbit by the Terran Starship Command.

Yours is just too easy and clean. Having the option to actually explore the highly irradiated are known as Vault 87 would be a great idea. The idea I saw dealt with the Lyons' Pride being attacked and taken away to the vault, with only Kodiak escaping back to The Citadel.

Now, I'm not trying to revive a thread or idea, but doesn't it make more sense to go that route?

Zapping from space? C'mon where's the fun in that? The Lone Wanderer wouldn't be the Lone Wanderer if he just flipped a switch and blew stuff up. He needs to get his hands dirty!

Going into the gory radiation, fev, and mutant infested vault is the kind of stuff he does. He's the only one that can pull it off.

Edited by JackTrenton

Zapping from space? C'mon where's the fun in that? The Lone Wanderer wouldn't be the Lone Wanderer if he just flipped a switch and blew stuff up. He needs to get his hands dirty!

Going into the gory radiation, FEV, and mutant infested vault is the kind of stuff he does. He's the only one that can pull it off.

Indeed. I'm in total agreeance with you, Jack. The Lone Wanderer is the one person who can do that, along with a little help from his friends. The whole idea of using the Terran Starship Command idea is a waste of good experience building for your character. I would use that as a last resort or to finish the job.

Edited by QuinnMallory45