My Rant on Makeup use on Female and Male NPC's

FalmerBane

Just to be clear....

While there are various cultural similarities between Nords and Vikings; whether Vikings wore make-up or not has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether Nords wear it or not.

Main reasoning being earth's large oceans and lack of sea faring are what kept different civilisations apart for thousands of years.

Other than a few islands the whole of Tamriel is one continent so they would always have had some access to one anothers trade

Just to be clear....

While there are various cultural similarities between Nords and Vikings; whether Vikings wore make-up or not has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether Nords wear it or not.

Main reasoning being earth's large oceans and lack of sea faring are what kept different civilisations apart for thousands of years.

Other than a few islands the whole of Tamriel is one continent so they would always have had some access to one anothers trade

Name one culture in Tamriel that is based on the Egyptians.

Number of NPC's in the game with heavy, modern style make-up: zero. Number of NPC's in the game with any form of heavy historical make-up: zero.

Argument on 'is make up in the lore?' finished. Game's right there people. Any lore-based argument takes about five seconds to resolve. Does your mod put on heavier and more extensive make-up than has been placed in the actual setting already? Yes? Congratulations, you're not 'lore friendly'.

Edited by Khorak

You can ride dragons, become invisible, summon creatures from another dimension, shoot lightning bolts from you hands and travel to Valhalla, but they're right, makeup is just too much... :rolleyes:

I guess all the vanilla face paint and ability to add eyeliner, eye shadow, lipstick, etc., isn't makeup...

Edited by PsxMeUP

Just to be clear....

Name one culture in Tamriel that is based on the Egyptians.

What would this achieve, how is it relevant and why have you quoted me when asking this question??

Redguard are more Arab. Khajiit have desert and jungle, and I believe are culturally diverse. Definitely not Egyptian based, however. That aside, damned if I know whether or not it matters if an Elder Scrolls race had an Egyptian influence. If it is from the `Egypt had make-up' bit at the start of the thread, Rome (massive influence on Imperials) had make-up, and it still means absolutely nothing either way. End of thread.