Placeable Windows please

Mookeylama

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40676/?tab=description

there's a great resource for it, with permission.

basically 0% of skyrims interiors match up w/ the building's exterior. usually it's not too noticeable, but when it is glaring, it's usually because of a window that acts as the landmark that you just know, does not exist outside.

i think many folks would use a mod that let u place a window here n there if they'd like. wouldn't need to be fancy. just static windows that we could place w/ Jaxon's Positioner

lol, no not at all. just so the outside can somewhat sync w/ the inside. sometimes i notice windows in spots on the outside or inside, and it's painfully obvious that it's counterpart is not on the corresponding spot it should be.

you've never noticed that NONE of the architecture in skyrim interiors match that of the exterior buildings? i mean, placeable windows wouldn't help w/ missing wings, floors, eaves ect, but it would help. i've seen requests for these off and on for years. there was a guy that was attempting to mod vanilla buildings to match, but he gave up

​Skyrim interior was scaled around factor 1.5 or more most likely to give more space to move around particular when you have followers.

So I tried myself to make a mod which makes interior and exterior equal - but realized soon that's it would be easier to rebuild the whole world from scratch than making the changes required. In many cases the outside of buildings/forts has nothing to do with the inside structure, not in shape or form.

Particular with the windows as in most cases the location of the exterior window could not be matched with the interior at all.

But anyway why would you want to do place windows in-game and not with the CK? You can use the Window resource mod you mention and just place them in CK as you wish. Or do you like to re-decorate once in a while?

CL

lol, no not at all. just so the outside can somewhat sync w/ the inside. sometimes i notice windows in spots on the outside or inside, and it's painfully obvious that it's counterpart is not on the corresponding spot it should be.

you've never noticed that NONE of the architecture in skyrim interiors match that of the exterior buildings? i mean, placeable windows wouldn't help w/ missing wings, floors, eaves ect, but it would help. i've seen requests for these off and on for years. there was a guy that was attempting to mod vanilla buildings to match, but he gave up

I think I get you now. After the first time you go into a building and realise it's larger on the inside, you kind of understand that it's following pokemon logic and ignore things of that nature.

​Skyrim interior was scaled around factor 1.5 or more most likely to give more space to move around particular when you have followers.

So I tried myself to make a mod which makes interior and exterior equal - but realized soon that's it would be easier to rebuild the whole world from scratch than making the changes required. In many cases the outside of buildings/forts has nothing to do with the inside structure, not in shape or form.

Particular with the windows as in most cases the location of the exterior window could not be matched with the interior at all.

But anyway why would you want to do place windows in-game and not with the CK? You can use the Window resource mod you mention and just place them in CK as you wish. Or do you like to re-decorate once in a while?

CL

yep, exactly. i like to decorate. plus i don't know which buildings this issue would really bug me about, until i actually notice it. really wasn't wanting a huge mod that overhauls all architecture, and would create conflict. just something that i'd use when it bugged me.

like w/ mods such as Shadows and ELFX, sometimes a window will really take center stage and draw your attention...which then just makes it agonizingly apparent that the damn window doesn't exist outside lol

don't know much about CK, so what i've done is take the Farmhouse type window nif from that resource, and replaced a piece of armor with that nif. then i can drop that armor piece (thank gawd there's a world model) then grab it w/ Jaxon's and place it on the wall. inside or out. works well and really makes a nice difference. i've used it on a few farmhouses.

there was an issue w/ the nif having a huge collision box, but i fixed that. can't remember how. i did this months ago. i was just wanting an ACTUAL mod for this rather than replacing armor pieces since i don't have that many armors to give up lol

Interesting.

It could be easily done with a window from the solitude farmhouse, as those from the village/basic farmhouse (like in Rivewood) are just a row of planes.

I could make a correct stactic nif just for it, with its collision, if you'd like. A minimum of CK job would also be required to make it "dropable" ingame though, I guess... and that's not really in my skillset yet, I'm just a modeler.

so... I just checked this nice ressouce pack, and I didn't see the solitude farmhouse window that I was thinking about, so I'm currently finishing it (as a nice break from modeling wells).
Almost done, here's how it looks, I did two variants:

3eHSS80.jpg
(collision mesh on the left)

7dKSjUE.jpg

Just showing the rather low res vanilla textures, so, it should be compatible with most other windows texture packs, but I'll check.

since there were a ton of split vertices, fliped UVs and unecessary UV cuts, after the repairs I took the liberty to add just a few more details.

I'll let you know asap.