CTD after 15 min of playing

Kiki981

I have a constant CTD in my Oblivion game. But strange thing is, that first I can play fine and than suddenly some of the textures goes black (walls, floor, weapons, NPC's...) and few minutes after that I get CTD. From the beginning textures are fine, but after few minutes they go black.

I have powerfull laptop enough:

-Intel core i7 7600HQ (2.6~3.5 GHz)

-Nvidia GT 960M (4 GB)

-8 GB RAM

I use only texture mods and landscape mods (trees, grass, flora...). I also have OBSE installed. And nothing more - no Oblivion reloaded or ENB (since Windows 10 does not support ENB for Oblivion).

As for fixes I have Stutter removal mod, Silent voice mod, More heap...

Strange is, that textures are gone missing after few minutes of playing and not in the beginning of playing.

I assume this also happens with new games?

If you haven't already, check your GPU/CPU temps while playing. Unless laptops are built especially for gaming, ime they usually lack adequate cooling for extended sessions. Even some that ARE sold as gaming computers have this same problem. :)

If nothing else works I'd suggest a fresh reinstall of everything except OSR if you can get away with not using it. With your posted laptop specs and game requirements it shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by TheMastersSon