Better Looking Spouses

assasianato

I think I'm going to make better spouse npcs, or give it my best effort. :) If any of you have any requests post a picture of a person/celeb and I'll try to match them in my npcs and make them lore friendly. I already started my better looking companions mod so if you haven't checked that out yet feel free to have a look. I started with Farkas and Vilkas.

My requests aren't exactly prettier than vanilla, but they are spouse and companion faces I would like to see...feel free to pick, choose, and ignore any of them.

English Knight Robert Morley - 1300's

Robert Morley and Peasant Woman - 1300's

Viking Woman

Cleopatra - It's Cleopatra

Myrtis (11 year old Athenian girl) - 430 BC

Myrtis again

Another Myrtis

Spitalfields Woman - 300-400 AD

Leasowe Man - Roman

Peter the Great of Aragon - 1285

Again, feel free to pick and choose, these are all facial reconstructions of real people from the middle and ancient eras. Personally, so long as Robert Morley, Myrtis, and the Leasowe Man get made into faces for people, I don't really care. And Cleopatra, I think, would get a lot of dowloaders, especially since that's what she actually looked like.

The top two were in a Scottish castle, who can trace their ancestry back to the same Celts that gave rise to the Danish and other Nordic Vikings, so they would work. The third one is an actual viking woman (Not a very attractive one, true). And the Spitalfields Woman was also found near Scotland, so she would count. Though she can trace her ancestry back more to Italy, so...

There's a full-body reconstruction of Duke William of Normandy (William the Conqueror) out there somewhere, and he can trace his lineage back to Viking raids in France. Not sure about many other Norse reconstructions, I'd have to do some research.

@AjaxSt

Ok. So basically you're literally taking the ugliest out of the medieval pot ... Imo people of the past look just like us (no make up ... a little sleezy, yeah) but not downright ugly :mellow:-.-

Actually, no. I'm not taking the ugliest out of the medieval pot. There are plenty uglier racial reconstructions out there (Look for Copernicus and Simon of Sudbury for two prime examples.

And not all of the refs I gave are truly that ugly. Robert Morley, Cleopatra, the Leasowe Man, and Peter the Great of Aragon are all not that bad, even by today's standards. Peter the Great even kinda looks like Aragorn as played by Bill Pullman.

That said, there really are only a few facial reconstructions that you can find images of online. I'll see if I can find some more, but those were the first few I found.

And actually, it's only in the last couple hundred years or so that humans have been overly concerned with beauty as a whole, in the middle ages, beauty was held to a completely different standard (fat was good), and only for the rich.

Here's a few more:

Jarl Birger Magnusson - 1266

Klaus Stoertebeker - German Pirate in 1402

The Bocksten Man - 14th-century farmer

The Haplo Group - Bronze Age family

King Tut

Another Peter the Great of Aragon - This one with a profile view.

Saint Nick - The real Santa Claus

I'll look those over and try to recreate a couple you request @ajax. I'm also going to try and recreate faces based off medieval television series and movies both male and female. You guys can keep giving me ideas and linking me if you'd like. Edited by assasianato