Create New ArmorMaterial/ForgeCategory

brokefoot

Hey guys n' gals !

Haven't seen this done yet, so I wonder if its even possible.

What I'd like to do is create a new armor material. More specifically, create a new category at the forge. I know that in order for any custom armor to show up at the forge, you must add an armor material in the Creation Kit. For example: armormaterialleather. This will allow the custom armor to be crafted under the "Leather" category at the forge. Also, you'd have to obviously create a recipe, too.

I tried just making a new armor material, and called it "armormaterialXXX" and applied it to some existing custom armors. However, in-game, the custom armor just showed up under the "Misc" category at the forge. I wonder if there is a limitation/restriction that can be changed somewhere in the Creation Kit ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-brokefoot

Yes that does seem to be hardcoded, just like the fact that table and stone can only be used for upgrading.

What you could do is hijack and rename an existing underused category. E.g. falmer... Or Studded or Imperial ( renaming is done in GameSettings things like sFalmer and sDraugr)

Obviously this is a bit of a hack, but it does work.

You should check out Lorecraft - that does clever stuff with crafting lists...