Need a script? Maybe I can help.

fg109

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I just figured that out. Anyhow I have it set up like that and its still not working, no debug message output. How do I apply it directly to my character?

Edit: Could it also be that I need to set some specific conditions or something for how the perk gets the ability or how the ability gets the effect? Hopefully that makes sense.

Edit2: Its displaying the debug notification that lets me know its active no but after that nothing.

Edited by AwesomeSkyrimDude

Sounds like the "RegisterForAnimationEvent" is not working. I might have gotten the names of the animation events wrong.

In the script, add this to OnEffectStart:

RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockAnticipateStart")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockAnticipateStop")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockBashSprint")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockHitStart")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockHitStop")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockStart")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockStartOut")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockStop")
RegisterForAnimationEvent(akTarget, "BlockStopOut")

and this to OnAnimationEvent:

Debug.Notification("Received " + asEventName + " animation event.")

Then load the game and try blocking. It should tell you which animation events are actually used in blocking.

Once you've figured out which ones are actually used, you can swap it in for the events in the previous script I gave you.

Edited by fg109

Trying to set up a while loop, keeps telling me "missing EOF at while" no idea what that is.

Edit: Maybe I don't need a loop but basically I want to make it only apply the stagger or disarm effects after the player has blocked several hits with either good or great timing (like 3 blocks with good timing staggers, with great timing disarm) I tried another way I thought of setting it up without a loop but that didn't work either. Maybe this is just getting too complicated lol. Oh and someone else suggested that missing EOF may mean end of function so maybe it thinks I'm not setting up a condition to end the loop properly, I think I am but I don't really know what papyrus syntax is for loops.

Edited by AwesomeSkyrimDude

@ChampionOfHircine

Okay, I made another video. It's the exact same thing as the other video, except I also went into the game to test it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_HNm4DTa4

It's really simple. I don't know how to make it any simpler.

@AwesomeSkyrimDude

EOF means Event or Function. Most likely you did not contain your code inside an event or function. Kudos to tunaisafish for pointing this out.

Edited by fg109

I can type whatever I want (within script parameters), and it'll save just fine, but won't take effect. If I add the effect archetype to "script" the npc just plain won't use it. He'd rather use his fists than the spell (that doesn't work, only does 1 damage, not max - 1). Confused...