A Requiem for New Vegas?

Shidentora

I'd be more interested in a mod that ports all the armors and weapons of New Vegas into Fallout 3. There are several mods on here that do that, and I'm pretty sure it's all legal since you have to own both games to use them. I haven't seen one that has all the armors or weapons yet though.

I'd love to have the casual ranger and combat ranger outfits in Fallout 3. There is a distinct lack of western/cowboy clothing in Fallout 3 and an even more distinct lack of such mods.

I'm doing one, actually. I should be finished by the end of the month if you don't mind having a bunch of other changes to the game that may not be compatible with things like FWE or FOOK. All the stuff that doesn't really make sense being on the East Coast I will stuff in Herbert Dashwood's safe, like Ranger Patrol Armor and Legion gear. Edited by panzersharkcat

Lets see if I can make it a little clearer why it won't be done.

FO3 and FONV do not use the same game engine

The FONV game engine is an updated version, very similar, but with many things added, many things changed and some things removed. :confused:

You cannot run 2 game engines at the same time - they conflict with each other

FONV's engine contains most of the FO3 engine. But not all. That's why Requiem was such a dificult project.

FO3's engine does not contain a lot of things that the FONV engine has and needs for FONV to work.

So, while playing FO3 with the FONV engine is not easy it was done - with a lot of hard work.

To play FONV with the FO3 engine - the parts just are not there - the modder would have to reinvent a lot of things that were not there at the time that engine was being used to make games. It would be easier to make an entirely new game using the parts that are there.

Similar to playing an older DOS based game on a newer Windows computer - it can be done - (google DOSBOX to find out how.) You will still have the older graphics though because in order to get a higher graphics resolution, you would have to remake everything - every wall, every floor, every monster, every weapon - EVERY graphics element in the entire game.

However, playing a new game on an older DOS based PC cannot be done without rewriting most of the game the parts just aren't there to do it. :thumbsup:

TYVM for explaining:)

Heres the issue with this kind of reversal to the requiem mod and that is Fallout NV contains things that FO3 can not actually DO such as the multiple ammo and the more indepth companion prebuilt into the game itself. the things that FO3 had were upgraded and improved upon in FONV and because of these upgrades its not so simple. games in a series like these are much like the game systems theyre built for. the PS3 when it was first released for instance was built to be able to play PSx games as WELL as PS2 games along with its own PS3 blu-ray format discs. it was BACKWARDS compatible. much like in that sense FONV had the potential to use anything from the previous game because it was merely an improved version of FO3 in most aspects. so to implement an older concept into a newer version of it is easier cuz it can already do it PLUS more. to shove a newer part of a game into an older version of that game is MUCH harder because it wasn't meant to be able to do it. it's not like building a mod from the ground up specifically for fo3. its much easier to create a brand new mod that does something with what the game already allows you to do than to try and force it to do something that a newer version of the game can do. it would be like putting a Blue-ray disc into a PS2...its just not possible....it doesn't have the necessary parts to make it work.

Man, all this informatics stuff makes my head spinning. And makes me see that the whole idea is maybe completely wrong. It ain't the first... If you read about the Messerschmitt 210, you'll see what I mean.

well the idea isn't WRONG. its a NICE idea to try and reverse the mod around to bring NV into FO3 but with how FO3 was made it just doesn't seem possible to do it. so no by all means its not wrong its just not actually possible with out rewritting FO3 entirely to have the capabilities of NV first. which would take WAY too long to do it and by that time you coulda just installed requiem for NV instead ^^:;

Well, yes, I was thinking about that, but to do so, I'd have to uninstall many of my FO3 mods and to use the latest FOMM to migrate my FO3 mods, uninstall FOSE, etc, etc - without any guarantee for success. Quite a Banzai, huh? And besides, that'd demand a day or two of my time, and I ain't got that much time and also will not have that much time for quite a while. Bottom line, it could end by a general trashout of my FO3, which I wouldn't risk under no circumstances.

exactly! who would risk such a thing!? the only way i'd be willing to risk it if i could do it is if i had TWO computers capable of running the game with mods and all lol

Now THAT's exactly what I'll do, as soon as I get a new and more powerful PC than this I have now. Playing FNV and FO3 at the same time is my dream and only way to achieve it is the Requiem.

May the RFCW serve well all who use it!

I'd be more interested in a mod that ports all the armors and weapons of New Vegas into Fallout 3. There are several mods on here that do that, and I'm pretty sure it's all legal since you have to own both games to use them. I haven't seen one that has all the armors or weapons yet though.

I'd love to have the casual ranger and combat ranger outfits in Fallout 3. There is a distinct lack of western/cowboy clothing in Fallout 3 and an even more distinct lack of such mods.

Hell, yea:)

I'm doing one, actually. I should be finished by the end of the month if you don't mind having a bunch of other changes to the game that may not be compatible with things like FWE or FOOK. All the stuff that doesn't really make sense being on the East Coast I will stuff in Herbert Dashwood's safe, like Ranger Patrol Armor and Legion gear.

Hey, COOL:)

I'm doing one, actually. I should be finished by the end of the month if you don't mind having a bunch of other changes to the game that may not be compatible with things like FWE or FOOK. All the stuff that doesn't really make sense being on the East Coast I will stuff in Herbert Dashwood's safe, like Ranger Patrol Armor and Legion gear.

Hey, COOL:)

<w< uhm even if you are trying to do it dude i dont see how it'll work out....in fact...im pretty sure you'll fail...miserably.....theres no way to reverse the process of requiem to work on FO3 and bring NV into it....its not....POSSIBLE......

SilverNirvash, I'm willing to bet this post:

Was merely a response to this post only:

So no impossible to do requiem mod, but just a port of all the armors and weapons from NV to Fo3.

Edited by BlackRampage

SilverNirvash, I'm willing to bet this post:

Was merely a response to this post only:

So no impossible to do requiem mod, but just a port of all the armors and weapons from NV to Fo3.

<w<;; -trying to hide his shame- >w>;; .....i knew that..........-flips bangs- hmph~