[WIP] True Lichdom - Nexus Thread # 1

delfofthebla

To above,

I totally agree!

Vile art of necromancy is perfect for this mod, I reccomend it to anyone thinking about downloading this mod when it comes out, it should work very well.

Especially the ability to rebuke certain undead and subjugate them do do your will, it will be the perfect mod to go with this even more perfect mod! The only thing I'm hoping for now is a joinable necromancers guild,

Haha Ive played 483 hours total :) (favorite game!!!!)

Wow! I played the Morrowind Lichcraft mod for many hours that eventually my save was very odd and glitchy.

Not completely related but if you want something to tide you over whilst this mod is in development you may want to try out the SM essential player mod. It basically makes you essential, if you lose all of your health you kneel to the floor with critical health. If you die shortly after being knocked down to critical health you become a ghost, and have to wait to return back to life, and then you'll have to collect your gear. You could roleplay some sort of immortality or semi-lichdom with that. The mod can be found here SM Essential Player @ SkyrimNexus

My apologies for taking the attention away from the mod!

I actually remember the creator of this having some issues back on the Bethesda CK forums when he was trying control the players death. I too was having the same issues as he, so I saw him in a couple of threads. I didn't know he had finished his mod, so I gave it a download (just to see how he did it). He actually found a way around an issue I was having that I didn't think of, which was pretty cool. I changed my mod to use the the same method as he, and one of my complaints I had has now been dealt with--so thanks for posting this.

Okay so I really want this, and just want to say that the project seems totally freakin' awesome! I wish you luck in your endeavors, and know I'll be right there to download it whenever you finish!

I wish I could help but I really have no talent at this stuff. :\

Glad you're looking forward to the mod. Thanks for the support. :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited about this mod. I've had this thread bookmarked for a while now, and I've been lurking around and watching the progress. I really can't wait. Good luck with everything.

any plans for new animations as a lich? ..i think floating would be cool

Yes, plus not tied to gravity ... ie you can hover above ground, water, clouds, anything. Not flying as such but the same effect. And if you script it right you travel in the direction you are looking so no need for extra control keys. You still can't escape the planet as your form is tied to the planet you are on.

Very excited about this mod. I've had this thread bookmarked for a while now, and I've been lurking around and watching the progress. I really can't wait. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for the support. :)

How about letting the Vampiric Lich consume the souls in full Black Soul Gems?

I have recently made some rather drastic changes to the Vampiric Lich that I have not made completely public yet. I've been meaning to update the main post, but due to his design changing every so often, and my own lazyness, I have not done so yet. When the concept was as it is currently described in the main post, yes, I was planning to allow them to consume black soul gems. However, with his new concept, I will "possibly" allow this, but I'm not entirely sure.

It will make more sense once I get around to updating the main post.

Just out of curiosity, are you adding any lich specific spells? I cannot think of any myself at this point, but it would be fun if there were.

Thank you.

Each Lich will carry a couple "spells", but these are mostly used for their special features. (Such as the Phylactery Bound Lich's host swap spell.) The Vampiric Lich (which has gone reworks since the main post was last updated) will be receiving a few special combat spells, but no other Lich will. I've mentioned it once before in this thread, but I'd prefer that any evil, dark, or necromancer type spells be added via completely different mods. My goal is to change the overall gameplay experience without adding any extra fluff. I believe that other mods can easily fill the gap for those wishing to roleplay as necromancers or other type of sorcerers.

any plans for new animations as a lich? ..i think floating would be cool

Yes, plus not tied to gravity ... ie you can hover above ground, water, clouds, anything. Not flying as such but the same effect. And if you script it right you travel in the direction you are looking so no need for extra control keys. You still can't escape the planet as your form is tied to the planet you are on.

If I can get some animations made, or find a way to just sort of "take" the dragon priest animations, yes, I will have a floating animation for the model. However, the model situation is pretty unclear right now. I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to add special animations to the Lich. In the event I do however, I will not allow you to "levitate". I believe that such a thing should be kept to an actual spell. I 'may' add such a spell myself, but I'm not so sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...