[WIP] True Lichdom - Nexus Thread # 1

delfofthebla

Thanks for all the answers, I just seem to have an unending stream of questions I'm soooo excited.

Another question,

Will there be some tweaks like undead raising changes or putting low level undead enemies under your command?

Maybe some sort of undead companion system??

Thank you!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the answers, I just seem to have an unending stream of questions I'm soooo excited.

Another question,

Will there be some tweaks like undead raising changes or putting low level undead enemies under your command?

I have no current plans to alter the relationships between undead and Liches.

While Liches are frequently associated with raising undead and having undead legions under their control, I personally do not think that should be something that is a part of this mod. Raising undead is part of Necromancy, not Lichdom. It's just that, well, Liches are "typically" Necromancers. (Though this is not always the case)

I also do not think Liches are really 'allied' with all undead in the first place. In a typical setting where one would encounter a Lich, it is more likely, in my opinion, that the undead around him are not really "allied" to him, but rather, he was the one who summoned those undead, and that is why they are allied to him. Not to mention, A very large amount of the enemies encountered in Skyrim are Draugr, and making all of them allied with the Player simply because he is a Lich, is a really, really bad idea.

My goal with this mod is to create the perfect Lich "setting" without adding too many unnecessary aspects. That is to say, I want to change the Players gameplay "style" rather than give them a bunch of fluff. Necromancy is just another branch of sorcery--it is not "tied" with Lichdom. Followers too, would fall under the same category.

It's not that I do not support the necromancy ideas, but rather, I would much rather my mod be installed alongside a "proper" Necromancy mod, than for me to build one directly into mine. While some may be disappointed by this, I think that in the end, it is for the best. I am very confident that someone will come along and create a proper Necromancy mod that fills that "gap" for everyone. (and honestly, I haven't checked in a while--maybe someone already has).

Edited by delfofthebla

Another question,

While Liches are frequently associated with raising undead and having undead legions under their control, I personally do not think that should be something that is a part of this mod. Raising undead is part of Necromancy, not Lichdom. It's just that, well, Liches are "typically" Necromancers. (Though this is not always the case)

I also do not think Liches are really 'allied' with all undead in the first place. In a typical setting where one would encounter a Lich, it is more likely, in my opinion, that the undead around him are not really "allied" to him, but rather, he was the one who summoned those undead, and that is why they are allied to him. Not to mention, A very large amount of the enemies encountered in Skyrim are Draugr, and making all of them allied with the Player simply because he is a Lich, is a really, really bad idea.

My goal with this mod is to create the perfect Lich "setting" without adding too many unnecessary aspects. That is to say, I want to change the Players gameplay "style" rather than give them a bunch of fluff. Necromancy is just another branch of sorcery--it is not "tied" with Lichdom. Followers too, would fall under the same category.

It's not that I do not support the necromancy ideas, but rather, I would much rather my mod be installed alongside a "proper" Necromancy mod, than for me to build one directly into mine. While some may be disappointed by this, I think that in the end, it is for the best. I am very confident that someone will come along and create a proper Necromancy mod that fills that "gap" for everyone. (and honestly, I haven't checked in a while--maybe someone already has).

yes, the vile art of necromancy mod is actually quite good, I was thinking about downloading it beside this one when it comes out

Another question,

yes, the vile art of necromancy mod is actually quite good, I was thinking about downloading it beside this one when it comes out

And that is my wish--for people to combine whichever Necromancy mod they like best with my own. :)

Will there be any pics or videos of other things to come? :dance:

Of course. :)

I can't give you any estimates, but there will definitely be more screenshots, and at least a few videos coming up. You will probably see some feature highlight videos before you see any more screenshots.

Will there be any pics or videos of other things to come? :dance:

Of course. :)

I can't give you any estimates, but there will definitely be more screenshots, and at least a few videos coming up. You will probably see some feature highlight videos before you see any more screenshots.

Awesome! :devil:

Vile Art of Necromancy is quite good and I think it would work well with this mod.

Just posting again to say I am (still) looking forward to this mod, after playing 200 hours of Skyrim my interest is waning a little bit and this seems just the kind of thing to rekindle the game for me.

To above,

I totally agree!

Vile art of necromancy is perfect for this mod, I reccomend it to anyone thinking about downloading this mod when it comes out, it should work very well.

Especially the ability to rebuke certain undead and subjugate them do do your will, it will be the perfect mod to go with this even more perfect mod! The only thing I'm hoping for now is a joinable necromancers guild,

Haha Ive played 483 hours total :) (favorite game!!!!)

Edited by sweetsnowboarding

To above,

I totally agree!

Vile art of necromancy is perfect for this mod, I reccomend it to anyone thinking about downloading this mod when it comes out, it should work very well.

Especially the ability to rebuke certain undead and subjugate them do do your will, it will be the perfect mod to go with this even more perfect mod! The only thing I'm hoping for now is a joinable necromancers guild,

Haha Ive played 483 hours total :) (favorite game!!!!)

Wow! I played the Morrowind Lichcraft mod for many hours that eventually my save was very odd and glitchy.

Not completely related but if you want something to tide you over whilst this mod is in development you may want to try out the SM essential player mod. It basically makes you essential, if you lose all of your health you kneel to the floor with critical health. If you die shortly after being knocked down to critical health you become a ghost, and have to wait to return back to life, and then you'll have to collect your gear. You could roleplay some sort of immortality or semi-lichdom with that. The mod can be found here SM Essential Player @ SkyrimNexus

My apologies for taking the attention away from the mod!