Transfering nif's from Oblivion to Skyrim ???

Carl S

I am making a house mod for Skyrim , and I miss some of the static objects from the Oblivion days.

Therefore I am wondering if it would be possible to transfer nif files + textures from the unpacked Oblivion bsa

to use in Skyrim (via some work in nifskope maybe, - or another 3th party converter)

Does anyone know ?

@ TheDarkPrince: You changed the subject. Carl S specifically asked about importing objects from the Oblivion.bsa file into Skyrim. The TOS to which you agree when you open the package of any ES game specifically forbids transferring content from any of their games to any other game, whether the second game was created by Bethesda or not. Third party content is another matter altogether, as you pointed out, but this is not relevant to the question at hand.

@ Carl S: The reason it could "harm" anyone (specifically Bethesda) is that Bethesda very likely includes content in their games which is licensed from individuals or other companies. They could get into trouble if, for example, a licensed Oblivion object appeared in Skyrim, even as a mod. It's not likely, but in this society people will sue for copyright infringement at the drop of a hat. Bethesda isn't taking any chances, and I don't blame them.

@ TheDarkPrince : Thanks for your suggestion , I will browse Oblivion Nexus soon , -

wonder if it is difficult to get permissions from modders after so many years ,

many of them may not be around anymore.

Edited by Carl S

@Carl S : If the modder is not answering any soon you have somehow automatic permission (as far as I know) but YOU MUST give credit. If you find your stuff (what you need) in the category of "MODDER'S RESOURCES" or "MODELS AND TEXTURES" than you can use them without any permission required, just credit, as usual! Glad I helped u!