[WIP] Dwemer Colosseum

Korodic

I know this is a little late in the process to mention, but I do find it rather odd that it's a Dwemer Colosseum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never been given any indication that the Dwemer were fans of blood sports like the Imperials or Nords. They were scientists and philosophers, advocates of logic and reason that used machines to fight their wars, and if they fought at all they used magic and traps to prevent the violence from reaching them personally. So to have the Colosseum in a Dwemer setting needs lore-breaking - UNLESS it's been reconfigured from something else.

For instance: what if it were a Dwemer amphitheaters, similar in concept to the ancient Greeks? It could use the rusty iron gates, doors and fences seen in the Bandit fighting arenas. A minor background detail, but definitely adds a bit of story to the mix of blood and sweat.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lore breaking? Maybe. I don't know if I directly mentioned it anywhere in the mod itself but I tend to think of it as a heavily modified Dwemer Structure where the outsiders came in and converted it into an arena.

Though I do use mostly Dwemer assets. I'm not going to start a lore war on why this does and or does not fit in the game world (not that you necessarily are). Though I personally would consider it lore "friendly".

Anyways, later in the mod you will see what the people inside were capable of doing while trying to reverse engineer the Dwemer designs. The grand champion was very scientific with their tech.

Yay! 4 (intended) days of waiting left! =D

I'm tasting some interesting RP opportunities here...

Somewhere I said march 9th, well that ended up not happening because my voice actors weren't getting me the material quick enough so I chose not to release it to my beta testers. Plus the 9th was my birthday so I wasn't really able be to dedicate the time. I think we all are benefiting because I'm going back to make more interior details where possible and personally testing the hell out of it. After all, I want to be able to enjoy it too. Any problems I encounter would be the same for you.

​I have 2 problems right now it seems I cannot control, but they can be worked around/not persistent. One is impossible to fix, one might be. Trying to fix/diagnose now. So I'm hard at work making it extra sexy/rewarding ^^, the push back is well worth it.

Today is the day. Putting in final touches. Will make a DLC edition soon enough. c; Look forward to seeing you guys ina few. Will post with link when it is fully released at v1.0

Oh stop teasing us! =O The agony!

Oh, alright... Looking forward to it! =D

Today is the day. Putting in final touches. Will make a DLC edition soon enough. c; Look forward to seeing you guys ina few. Will post with link when it is fully released at v1.0

Oh stop teasing us! =O The agony!

Oh, alright... Looking forward to it! =D

I only said that cause I definitely will not be pushing it back again. I also manged to fix every little BS issue the CK gave me. Pulled an all nighter fixing it up and such. Very glad to see nothing will be ruining the experience anymore.

For instance: My quest NPCs would show dialogue options, but you couldn't click on them. Turns out if you use a blocking dialogue it must be >2 lines of voiced dialogue or it will not treat it like normal dialogue and screw up any topic that may become available later. Reloading your game would fix it... Threw me off for a good while.