Ode To A Housecarl...

Daggdag

This is a tribute thread to the best Housecarl a Thane could ever ask for, the fair Lydia.

Lydia accompanied me on many adventures, but, alas, she fell in battle......At least I think she did. I'm not even sure how she died in my game. I just realized she wasn't with me and when I went back to the dungeon where I had last seen her, she was dead. So I looted her body and gave it all to my new companion, Erik the Slayer.

This thread is for all those who have lost the sweet Lydia and want to tell of her bravery and spirit.

Take heart. I'm sure she died happy, having something to do in the service of her Thane. My housecarls all die of terminal boredom because all they ever do is get to sit around the house. Half of them don't even recognize me when I walk in the door because I rarely visit those houses. Divines know I've tried to give them all a day off, telling them to get out of the house, go shopping, visit the pub, or whatever. But they never do it.

Take heart. I'm sure she died happy, having something to do in the service of her Thane. My housecarls all die of terminal boredom because all they ever do is get to sit around the house. Half of them don't even recognize me when I walk in the door because I rarely visit those houses. Divines know I've tried to give them all a day off, telling them to get out of the house, go shopping, visit the pub, or whatever. But they never do it.

Actally, she died because she did not get out of the way when a door closed on her. I had to fight a bunch of enemies by myself because she got herself killed by a door.

Something similar happened to my Lydia... except that she died taking a shot for the enemy, rather than me.

As soon as I let that fireball go, there was no taking it back. :ohdear: