New Perk Trees?

AlexGu100

I really want to be able to make new perk trees, but the Creation Kit doesn't seem to have such an option. I can edit old perk trees, but I can't create new ones. And I haven't seen any mods with totally new perk trees, but I'm wondering if it's possible to create a new perk tree.

• 2 months later...

Well to begin, new trees have always been possible, it's just that new focus points in the stars are impossible to make new trees by themselves.

With Dawnguard and the two new perk trees, I'm hoping that there will be a feature that can dynamically add new focus points for perk trees, but I doubt it will happen. What will most likely (all speculation) happen in Dawnguard regarding the new trees is that they will be compacting the different trees and categorizing them to make space for the two new trees. For example they could just be mashing the pickpocketing and lockpicking trees into the same focus point while putting the vampire and lycanthropy trees where lockpicking used to be (like in the game jam).

• 2 weeks later...

Well to begin, new trees have always been possible, it's just that new focus points in the stars are impossible to make new trees by themselves.

With Dawnguard and the two new perk trees, I'm hoping that there will be a feature that can dynamically add new focus points for perk trees, but I doubt it will happen. What will most likely (all speculation) happen in Dawnguard regarding the new trees is that they will be compacting the different trees and categorizing them to make space for the two new trees. For example they could just be mashing the pickpocketing and lockpicking trees into the same focus point while putting the vampire and lycanthropy trees where lockpicking used to be (like in the game jam).

Actually they created new perk trees for DG and new actor values rather than take the quite destructive approach of combining skills to free up a slot. VampirePerks and WerewolfPerks are the new actor values and the perk trees have been enabled on them but they simply aren't populated. I'm refraining from using them right now because I don't want to introduce imcompatibilities with DGs release. I'm going to wait until DG is released and then we'll be adding new points into the Perk Tree.