Entire Game in Slow-Mo

cbomber98

I had same issues before and the fps clamp in the configator was the issue, it seems this is a bit more complicated, have you tried manually editing your ini files ? Also for a fps limiter you should use dxtory ;) best fps clamp out there and works for all games.

To be exact, I went into the FO:NV folder and searched "Fallout.ini", what came up was a notepad thing called "Fallout_Default" I opened that and set the "iFPSclamp" as "iFPSclamp=60". After this, the game played about the same for a while, and then became slow motion. I googled some thigns and found out that I should set it back to 0, so I went back and changed it form "iFPSclamp=60" back to "iFPSclamp=0", but it was still in slow motion.

I'll do that, but it doesn't seem like a performance problem, more like a bug, it's not slow motion form low FPS, but ironically it is pretty cool,but makes me angry how it renders my game unplayable.

Have you tried removing the fps clamp entry from the ini completely ? also try disabling uac completely in windows http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

Sorry I cant help a bit better, your problem is a toughie :) It does seem really strange that it goes normal for a while then back to same old same, best bet would be to remove new vegas completely, as in delete the directory after uninstall and remove all new vegas associated files before re installing.

Edited by cptcairney