⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Solution for [WETriggerScript<(01099883)> Warning: on init ()

Visious

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much. I couldn't work out why a clean re-install didn't fix the problem. It didn't reset user-specific files

I only had three .txt files in my folder but plugins.txt had Skyrim.esm listed in it twice. I deleted the lower line and bingo fixed!

Thank you again

Hi guys, hope I`ll help most people with this problem:

The problem is in the file, that even clean install wont fix - its in C:\Users\-yourname-\AppData\Local\Skyrim

You need to modify your plugin list, plugins.ini

make sure there is only one Skyrim.esm and no Update.esm.

So your plugins.ini should look like:

=======

Skyrim.esm

plugins

=======

Thank you Vilcious this was very helpfull. Game starts fine now!

The easiest way that I've found to correct plugins.ini (or plugins.txt as it may be in some cases) is to exit NMM then run BOSS. I know that NMM is meant to include BOSS, but it isn't active yet.

Yeah, that worked for me too. HOWEVER, after BOSSing it, my plugin.txt has the "update.esm", but no "skyrim.esm".

Someone here said the "skyrim.esm" is necessary, and that the "update.esm" is BAD. then why is my game working? And why did BOSS do that?

Edited by mensch8maschine

The easiest way that I've found to correct plugins.ini (or plugins.txt as it may be in some cases) is to exit NMM then run BOSS. I know that NMM is meant to include BOSS, but it isn't active yet.

Yeah, that worked for me too. HOWEVER, after BOSSing it, my plugin.txt has the "update.esm", but no "skyrim.esm".

Someone here said the "skyrim.esm" is necessary, and that the "update.esm" is BAD. then why is my game working? And why did BOSS do that?

I get the same - "update.esm", but no "skyrim.esm". The game seems to be working just fine with that so I'm not going to worry too much whether it's right or wrong. The main thing so far as I'm concerned is that it works.

Thinking about it a bit I don't see why "skyrim.esm" should need to appear in a list of plugins. To me it looks like it is a part of the game itself and everything else effectively plugs into it, including "update.esm"