several UOP fixes don't seem to be working

diosoth

I have UOP 3.4.1 installed, as well as the SI patch, plug-in patches, etc. I run BOSS for my load order. I've found some changes are working but some are not. The Ring Of The Vipereye is still tagged as a quest item, and killing Maglir after destroying the hist tree counted as killing a Fighters Guild member and gained expulsion. In short, some of the major fixes have worked, some have not worked and I'm wondering why. It could be load order but I use BOSS. It could be a conflict with other mods but I don't know how or why.

Offhand, I would guess the Vipereye Ring and the Shield Ring(Fighters Guild reward) MIGHT be due to Unlimited Amulets & Rings, which does alter the base rings to take up no slot. As for the Fighters Guild and Maglir not being removed... I run nothing that plays with FG, and the only quest mods I use are Lost Spires, Verona House and Cybiades.

I can safely say the Maglir issue is due to OOO. For whatever reason OOO seems to prevent the stage dependent scripts from running properly. When you enter the Blackwood Company hall, it's supposed to add the 3 needed quest keys to their NPCs, and runs several scripts to kick Maglir out of all his factions and add him to Blackwood Company. These scripts don't always seem to run, even in a vanilla game, and OOO definitely makes it worse. I think OOO is also conflicting greatly with much of UOP somehow... and BOSS and UOP say to load it before OOO.

Though why Bethesda decided to run that faction script then, instead of as part of "More Unfinished Business" when Maglir actually defects, I have no idea.