SKSE64 is now in Beta

Hexxagone

Just a few days ago I decided to start a play through of Oldrim because some mods werent on Special Edition yet and SKSE64 was still in Alpha. But now a SKSE64 dev has confirmed that its now moved to open beta. Happy day!

Now I can hold off because I suspect (and hope) that modders were waiting for this release to start porting their mods. ill start SE when enough of my favorites have been converted.

Edited by Hexxagone

You do know that the vast majority of Oldrim mods can be used on SE with little to no modification needed, right?

If its just an esp or a texture replacer it will work as normal and bsa files can be converted easily with bsaopt.

Edited by tizerist

You do know that the vast majority of Oldrim mods can be used on SE with little to no modification needed, right?

If its just an esp or a texture replacer it will work as normal and bsa files can be converted easily with bsaopt.

I'm all for people being self-sufficient and porting mods over for their own use, or even for others with permission. And for some that may be good enough, but there are definitely benefits to it being done by people who are more qualified and familiar with the mod.

Even in a texture replacer - which is about as simple as mods get, you may benefit from resaving the textures in the new DDS formats SE supports. And some might prefer to increase the quality of the textures for the same impact as opposed to using the same quality with a reduced impact. In which case, it would be extremely beneficial to have the source files before they were reduced and compressed for the package that came with the mod.