Changing my major skills

thestoryteller01

Amongst my major skills are Alchemy and Restoration. While that does make sense generally, I have to get rid of it somehow.

Replaying Oblivion again, I am playing 6 large questmods at the same time and although thanks to OOO I have slowed the leveling to a crawl, its still unbalanced. The problem is, that WHEN my PC finbally levels, there is rarely even a +1 Bonus on Strength or Endurance, because most or the experience gets sucked up by mixing potions (which I love) and healing myself (which I have to). That way I can either get an Intelligence monster or raise abilities with 0 bonus, which both will result in a build, I do not want.

Is there a way to swap out major skills without risking to break the game?

Not sure if you've seen the CS Wiki for Console Commands. Have a look at 'showclassmenu' (down in the third section near the bottom). It has similar warnings as 'showracemenu' (the one that most people are prone to tinker with ... and cause themselves problems). Both have very specific ways you need to save the changes or you'll bork your skill settings.

I tried a custom class when I started my new guy. The old guy was cursed with 'double warrior' (birthsign and class) and I wanted to avoid his leveling pitfalls. Even with my 'careful planning' I have trouble getting what I want trained up for leveling. Like you I want +5 on Endurance and Strength, with alternating level-ups +5 on Intelligence and Willpower (health, carrying capacity and casting ability). I was trying to keep little used skills as major but wanted to have one skill from each attribute. That doesn't work (at least in vanilla leveling). My next guy will have a custom class with as few as possible major skills from the Endurance, Strength, Intelligence and Willpower attributes and I'll see if that helps.

And then there's the Athletics/Acrobatics problem ... can't have either of them as a major, no way of avoiding training them up. Oh ya, what about Luck ... would be nice to give it some lovin' come level-up. Endless compromise. That's why the game has replayability.

True enough Ghoulz ... that's one of the results of not doing it exactly right (which is also why I was sure to point out that there are pitfalls to watch for).

Showclassmenu after the sewers only causes stat/skill resets and bugs.

If you want to avoid leveling issues, just install one of endless leveling mods. +5 attributes always would suit your needs. Or just restart and make all your major skills ones you could care less about so you can freely get +5 stats without fearing 10 levels in major skills. Then when you've got 3x +5(might want to keep track of it), you can finish leveling your unwanted skills.

My PC is allready level 10 and neither do I want to risk breaking the game, nor do I want to get cheap +5s ;)

I was hoping for a clean swap but it looks like i'll have to stick to my Char for now.

Thanks for the replies, guys!