Papyrus send keys to external applications

Exergist

I understand that the SKSE Input Script has functions for sending virtual input from Papyrus to the game, specifically TapKey, HoldKey, and ReleaseKey. During my testing I found that this input is contained within the game itself, so other applications do not "see" the virtually pressed keys (there must be some hooking going on behind the scenes).

Is it possible for Papyrus to send key input that CAN be "seen" by other applications? Or perhaps is it possible for Papyrus to trigger another application (such as AutoHotkey) to send virtual keys that are visible to other applications?

Thanks!

Ok so I've done a bunch of research on this subject, and I believe it would indeed be possible to have Papyrus communicate with external programs via either:

• Reading/writing a text file using PapyrusUtil (via the ReadToFile and WriteToFile functions within MiscUtil)
  • Sending keys or other triggers via batch file executed from the console (and plugins like ConsoleUtil come in handy here)

Sure this is somewhat indirect, but as @cdcooley already mentioned there isn't anything more concrete in place to do this (based on what I've found so far).