Big read exclamation mark thingy

Danidude1

just copy the .esp and, the meshes, texture folder. to your games data folder, you can ignore the data folder that you see after open the rar. The mods.esp needs to be in the Fallout new vegas\Data Folder. it assets need to be in Fallout New Vegas\data\meshes and, New Vegas\data\textures.

It the mod's.esp is not directly in the data folder the game can't find it to activate it.

don't overweight just merge the folders it will first ask if you want to combine the folders click yes. if it asks to replace something then another mod is also changing the same asset. All mods that add assets will have mesh and, texture folders.

Maybe you should try to use NMM to install your mod, with it you can use the download with manager button on the mods page and, then install it from the mods tab. It also lets you know if a mod has ben updated. Info on NMM

If you would like to or need to change texture paths. you can use this tutorial

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope/Change_texture

just dont use the purple flower tool, I got lots of problems using it. Just double click the texture location in NIFskope and change it to where you placed the texture files.

Dont forget to save before you close!

I'll hijack this thread a bit:

What's up when the red exclamation marks appear after a few minutes (so no, it's not archiveinvalidation nor a bad install), as in you load the game up and everything works dandy with spiffy new textures. But you move around a bit and red exclamation marks start appearing, including on the weapon that was all crisp and clean a second before.

Is this a memory issue? I get it with FNV4GB as well, but I installed a huge load of weapons and textures + a few others so maybe I'm going even beyond what FNV4GB can handle.

I dont know what it is, but sometimes mod items(like a gun) suddently changes from black to red grean statisc ish color. whats up with that.

Like in mothership crew on fallout 3(mod) all the new equipment changed color all the time.

And one more question:

If a rarfile is giving me 1 gun.

Then their maby be one folder called gun(inside this is meshes textures and the esp)

When i extract only the gun folder appers in the NV datafolder. Then i have to manually copy and paste the files. thats right?

Then this message comes. This target alredy conteains a folder with the name Meshes

If some files have the same name, will you be asked if you want to replace the file.

do you still want to connect this file ( sorry for the bad translation) am i then to say yes, and no other mod will disappear...?

I'll hijack this thread a bit:

What's up when the red exclamation marks appear after a few minutes (so no, it's not archiveinvalidation nor a bad install), as in you load the game up and everything works dandy with spiffy new textures. But you move around a bit and red exclamation marks start appearing, including on the weapon that was all crisp and clean a second before.

Is this a memory issue? I get it with FNV4GB as well, but I installed a huge load of weapons and textures + a few others so maybe I'm going even beyond what FNV4GB can handle.

Sounds like too many plugins. How many are you running? Over 140 or so? Disable or merge and the problem will probably go away.

I dont know what it is, but sometimes mod items(like a gun) suddently changes from black to red grean statisc ish color. whats up with that.

Like in mothership crew on fallout 3(mod) all the new equipment changed color all the time.

You don't have the textures installed properly, or you don't have archiveinvalidation enabled.

And one more question:

If a rarfile is giving me 1 gun.

Then their maby be one folder called gun(inside this is meshes textures and the esp)

When i extract only the gun folder appers in the NV datafolder. Then i have to manually copy and paste the files. thats right?

Then this message comes. This target alredy conteains a folder with the name Meshes

If some files have the same name, will you be asked if you want to replace the file.

do you still want to connect this file ( sorry for the bad translation) am i then to say yes, and no other mod will disappear...?

There are many other folders under meshes. You would only be overwriting the contents of another mod if those paths match. Most likely that is not the case, so no, no other mode will disappear unless they are changing the same thing.