Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

A bright smile spread over Tannin's face when Rhaine walked down wearing her new outfit. "Lady Rhaine I do believe that you're making my shoddy craftsmanship look good." He said with a smirk.

At Shalena's compliment he waved it off, stating that had he been on still land he could have made it much better, but had he not began working on something he would have gone mad with boredom.

With Xallstine's cryptic explanation Azuris decided that he would simply have to trust him and put the amulet on. He soon wished that it would aid with his nausea as the smell of food began to upset him. "Well everyone." He announced as he stood from his chair. "If you'll excuse me, I need to get some air." He said as he went out the door.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"See? There's a use behind 'em." Weyland said.

"Guess we're expecting action soon." Sybille mused. "That'll be fun."

"Fun?" Marie asked, before she realized that it was Sybille she was talking to and paused. "Well, guess a trial-by-fire is the best way to prove ourselves."

"Yep." Sybille responded, before digging into some more bacon-wrapped shrimp.

They eased into silence over the next few minutes, enjoying the shrimp and other foods such as lobster on toast and large fish. Weyland and Sybille were, of course, already ordering alcoholic beverages and were well into their first rounds when Rhaine came downstairs in her new outfit. It was definitely a head-turner.

"Hey, that really suits you." Sybille commented.

"You look great in it." Weyland stated bluntly, taking another swig of beer. "Just try not to wear it around any other green dragons. They wouldn't like it that much. And carrying around their hides when they tried something would be a hassle." Amendale sat there and raised an impressed eyebrow, while Annette shot her a little smile.

"Fine," Conall replied to the priest, his blue eyes narrowed, "Follow me. There's someone at the inn who will take great interest in you. You, and your strange ability to spout off statistics about people you don't even know and then immediately forget about them."

With that, he spun on his heel and began to walk away. As the paladin led the Jergali towards the tavern, he mulled over the stranger's words. The pale man seemed to be genuinely surprised that he would have said such things whilst unconscious - and completely unaware that he had done so. Of course, he could also just be a very good liar...

========================================

Rhaine thanked all those who complimented her and turned to Tannin with a wry smile, "And you don't wear humility well at all, Tannin Virson. It's a masterpiece, and you know it. You're the first person I've met who can work dragon scales with such finesse. I'm eager to see what you create next."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Tenebris resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Conall's suspicious glare, choosing instead to ignore. "I still don't know what in the Nine Hells you're talking about, but thank you anyway." And I wonder who this person is that would take such interest in me...

He followed after Conall mulling over this thought, and soon found the answer to his own curiosity nearly the instant he walked inside the inn..

...and saw a Doomguide inside. "Stlarn!" Not only a Doomguide, but a Chosen as well. Great, a follower of my boss' boss... this will go over well...

Maintaining a composed face, he looked around and glanced at Conall. "Well, then... I see what you meant by who'd be interested in my personage." Stlarn... a hrast Kelemvorite... I hope she doesn't react as badly as the last Doomguide did... "Just what have you gotten into this time, Tenebris?" he muttered under his breath.

Tak'we glanced over at the pale softskin who had just entered the room, a strange yet familiar scent coming from him. He hissed immediately when he recognized the smell as that of bones-that-walk, but hesitated.. the man also smelled as a living softskin as well.

What iss he...? the thri-kreen thought in confusion, then waved subtly at Rhaine and nodded at the newcomer. "He ssmellss asss though he iss both living and dead, Rhaine, " he whispered to her. "Something iss wrong here..."

Dri looked up from her meal when Conall came walking in, and began to say hello when she saw the stranger beside him. Wonder who he is? she thought, and immediately began to send a greeting. "Hey, Conall, who's your new fri-"

The girl stopped mid-sentence when she saw the pale man's fangs when he swore. By Tymora... what is he? She was rather taken aback by this, so much so she leaned back into Aera and jumbled the food from her hands without realizing it. Uneasy, she tried to avert her gaze, while keeping an eye on the stranger... his eyes seeming very captivating...

I don't like this...

Edited by GrueMaster

As Dri bumped into her, Aera jumped and spilled her soup (her fifth course, but who was counting?) all around Dri's feet and possibly splattered the poor girl's legs in the process, "Oh, I'm so sorr---"

A strange man had walked into the tavern with Conall. A man with sharp canines. Aera's upper lip curled up, revealing her much-more-formidable mouth full of tiger's teeth. Her tail swished back and forth so hard it knocked a plate out from under the cook's hands, sending it flying toward Arva and Ianthe.

The plate of shellfish and pasta soared toward Arva and landed square on his head, adorning his head with angel hair pasta and a thin sauce. He held his tongue and gawked at the newcomer's teeth, as Ianthe clung to his arm, looking perturbed.

"I don't like him, Arva," she muttered, biting her lip. "I don't get a good feeling from him. It's the first time I haven't liked someone in a while."

Nawen walked past Conall and a strange man accompanying. She thought nothing of him but when Rhegar started growling at him, she thought that something wasn't right with him, Rhegar never growled at anyone unless they happen to attack them.

"Let's go, Rhegar." She said to the wolf and went outside.

Shalena glanced at the newcomer since pretty much everyone were looking at him, but the pirate simply shrugged and continued eating her meal.

Horo's time on the boat was spent in isolation. His life was full of many comrades and few friends, and as such he never really learned to intermingle with those he worked with. He was now bound to these people, but for the time being he couldn't see them as anything more than necessities.

Getting off the boat he made his own way, taking note that his companions had moved to a nearby inn, but choosing not to join them so soon. Old habits die hard, and he had a very old and deeply ingrained habit of scouting his surroundings before settling down. He began the scouting post-haste, walking through the streets and taking into account everything he saw. It was very unlikely he would've been offered and respite or comfort from the inn had he chose not to look around, as his paranoia had become very much a part of him from many years of being chased.

Passing through the market, he could not help but feel his hunger swell as he stomach grumbled viciously. With a practiced guile. he subtly swiped a bun from a bakers stall without breaking his pace, 'earning' his dinner for the night.

At some point he came across a rather large crowd, denoting something of interest just beyond the wall of bodies. He chose to lean up against a nearby building rather than pushing his way to the front, opting to wait for the crowd to disperse. As they did he spied one of his new companions, a man named Conall, speaking with another man with a rather sickly build and morbid complexion. It seemed to him it was the latter that the crowd had gathered around, as he had a rather unsettling vibe to him. When the two walked away in the direction of the inn Horo decided to follow at an unnoticeable distance. Just as he thought, the two were going into the inn, and just as he too was about to enter he found himself face to face with the drow he hat met so long ago in a tree.

He extended his hand to her with a light smile on his face, "Hello again. Your name is Nawen, yes? I really can't remember if you told me in that tree... My life has been rather eventful since that pleasantly peaceful exchange."

Rhaine turned to face the newcomer at Tak'we's indication. The first thing she noticed was Conall's obvious displeasure. The next thing she noticed was that the pale stranger had remarkable fangs and scarlet eyes. She was alarmed at first, but with no reaction from Touch of Death at her side, she knew he could not be a vampire. Not a full-blooded one, at least. She squinted a moment at his darkly robed form, which resembled that of a priest, though she knew not the god. Then, relaxing her eyesight, she allowed the divine touch in her blood to take over her vision, revealing the pulsing aura of his soul.

After a few moments, she blinked to clear her sight and gave a wry smile, stepping forward to greet him, "Odd that you would curse at my presence, Jergali." She then curled her fist to her chest and slightly bowed in a customary greeting, "What brings a half-vampire follower of the Lord of the End of Everything to-" she cut herself off as she also noticed he was sopping wet and smelt of the ocean.

Dagny's fork dropped onto her plate with a clatter, "Half...vampire?"

Even Argyros paused in eating his sixth platter of seafood and stared with wide silver eyes.

"An excellent question, my lady," Conall added, raising a suspicious brow at the stranger, "Especially considering the circumstances of his arrival. He washed up ashore near the docks not long ago. Some fishermen pulled him out, and he proceeded to mutter extraordinarily detailed statistics, even as he lay unconscious. Statistics about us. You, even."

Rhaine's brow furrowed, "What did he say exactly?"

Conall crossed his arms, "How many companions of yours are deceased, when you were born, your status as Chosen...he even knew the approximate amount of ale downed by Weyland in his lifetime. He was just about to say something concerning me when I woke him up. He says he recalls none of it. How he knew all of this without having ever met us...it is disconcerting my lady. I thought you should know."

The Doomguide sighed, mimicking Conall's gesture as she stood before the stranger. She nodded to him with a slight smile, "It is the prerogative of priests of Jergal to record the statistics of every mortal and creature - especially those concerning death - no matter how impossible the task may seem. Jergali are not known to be malicious with this information. When not cloistered, they often work with us Kelemvorites to hunt down undead, and..."

She trailed. A priest of Jergal held much in common with a priest of Kelemvor. Both would have access to those gods' domains, one of which was...

"Fate," Rhaine murmured, nodding once more in understanding, meeting the half-vampire's eyes, green to red, "You can see the future, can't you? It would make sense. But come," she gestured towards the fireplace, "We can talk more about this while you dry out. I would introduce myself, but it seems you already know who I am."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

When Rhaine mentioned that the newcomer was a half-vampire Shalena looked up again, this time much more interested. "Half-vampire? So you're what, half-undead?" She asked out loud.

Nawen instinctively reached for her blade when she nearly bumped into the man she met in the tree back at the fair. "Uh, yes. My name is Nawen," she said as she looked at the man before shaking his hand, "and your name is Horo if I recall correctly. Pleased to meet you, now that we've the time to actually properly introduce ourselves." The drow added and stepped to the side allowing patrons to enter the inn.

"Thank you, madam," the half-vampire spoke irritably, before pulling a chair over to the fireplace while ignoring the stunned (and in some cases, suspicious) expressions he was receiving. "I was wondering how long I would have to stand here contracting pneumonia whilst you and your companions gawk at and theorize about me."

"You are partly correct, Doomguide. Not many mortals realize that Jergal still has some power in their fate." Tenebris gave a smirking grin towards the Chosen as he sat down by the fire. "I am indeed a seer of the Scribe of the Doomed, though I was not aware that I prophecy during unconsciousness. The part where you are wrong is assuming that I know your name. Give me one moment... "

The Jergali closed his eyes and uttered a quiet prayer, sitting deathly still for a few breathes, then sat upright suddenly. "Ah yes, Rhaine Alcinea. Knew I recognized you." He leaned in closer to the fire trying to warm his hands a bit more. "And Rhaine is correct about my order's concerns over the records of mortals, Conall Whitefang. Just some people tend to regard such information when given as a threat to them. Can't control what others do when faced with their own pasts, I guess. However, it does gladden me so to be met with a kind greeting rather than sharpened stakes, sister."

As to my cursing, Doomguide," Tenebris said as he changed subjects. "you see, the last Kelemvorite I had encountered insisted upon attempting to kill me for my... heritage. I forget his name, what was it...?" he thought out loud to himself before waving the question away. "Regardless, since the results of that meeting I have been inclined to avoid the members of your church. I'm already unwelcome in many circles of society as it is."

He gave a quiet growl at Shalena. "I prefer 'para-human,' thank you very much, else I might have to bite you. Far less negative connotation, as it were. Now then," the half-vampire leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. "I'm going to rest now, but feel free to talk. I'm curious as to what is currently going on, since I've been floating since the hurricane. Granted, I could find out through my own means, but I prefer a more lively approach. "

Edited by GrueMaster