Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine, now out of Tak'we's crushing hold, shook her wings in an attempt to re-fluff the feathers. Glancing to Shalena, she nodded, "Might as well head back to the ship now. I doubt there's a dry inn in Westgate, and the Sea Compass is probably the only place large enough to accommodate us all for the night."

Turning her attention to the others, she added, "All right, everyone. Make sure you have everything with you, grab your horse, and let's head out. We're starting our long voyage to Chondath a bit earlier than I first anticipated. Perhaps we can get out into the open ocean before another disaster wrecks this miserable city."

Conall helped Argyros up from his chair, Aodh lighting once more on the former's shoulder as he did so.

Dagny moved over to Arland and held out one hand expectantly, the other curled on her hip, "I'll be takin' me mug with me, if ye please."

As Rhaine headed for the door, she glanced to the stranger who had just been let inside, "You...we met in Impiltur, did we not? As I recall, you never told me your name."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the hugging was finished and Azuris could breath again he let out a legitimate laugh at the antics of the group. After Rhaine gave to order to get their stuff ready he then went upstairs to grab his gear.

--------------------

Tannin watched the group hug with a smirk on his face. The entire scene was rather humorous, even more so with a pink Thri-kreen on top of the hug pile. knowing it wasn't his place to even think about joining in, he averted his eyes and looked down at his feet, seemingly lost in thought until Rhaine's order to prepare to leave.

Knowing it would be pointless to bother putting on dry socks what with the flooding and all he put his drenched ones on with a sigh. "I'll meet you all at the boat, I've got some stuff I need to grab first, left some stuff out in the city." He said before leaving through the door, offering a slight nod and smile before leaving out through the door.

Weyland broke off from Dri, smiling warmly and more than a little shyly. They met eyes one more time before the warrior went around saying his goodbyes to Dunsam, Annabelle, and Arland. Dunsam and Annebelle were sad to see their two eldest children leave- especially Weyland, as he'd only been around a day or two- but they were happy that they were doing good and doing so in such good companionship.

Arland, meanwhile was leaning by the doorway out, an odd expression on his face. He spoke to Rhaine as she approached the door, obviously conflicted. "Well, guess this goodbye, 'least for now." He wrinkled his nose. "I know I've been a load of trouble for ya and you probably hate my guts and until a few days ago I didn't treat you nearly as well as I should've, and I'm sorry about that. Really, I am." He paused for a second, at a loss for words. "Guess what I'm trying to say is that, despite everything, it's been an honor traveling with you. I hope we meet again someday, as friends. Somehow, I think we will. But for now this is where we part ways." He didn't go in for a hug or any physical contact, but he got his point across, which was what he wanted. When Dagny asked for her mug back, Arland was feeling too despondent to argue, and handed it over without a fight.

When Weyland and Sybille left the house with the Ordains not far behind, they grinned at each-other. "Guess it's you an' me from here on out. Should be fun!" Sybille exclaimed with a glint in her eye.

"That it is, Sybbie. I'm looking forward to kicking tail with you along for the ride."

"Don't worry, I won't barge in on any time alone you get with Audri."

"Shuddup."

Edited by Flipout6

"Alright then," Shalena said as she picked her ship up off the table and walked towards the door. She also recognized the man she met at the fair but instead of saying anything, the pirate simply smiled and went outside.

As she arrived at the docks, she immediately started looking for a place suitable for her ship and once she found one, she stood beside it waiting for Xallistine so that he would dispel the effects of the magical scroll.

============================

Nawen went to look for Kiira. The mare, while annoyed by all the water, stood relatively calmly. 'How have you been, Kiira?' Nawen asked as she led the horse to the docks. 'Eager to be someplace dry,' the mare replied and then asked, 'you're taking us back to the ship, aren't you?' When Nawen nodded, Kiira said, 'I hope that stuffing us in that cramped room is worth it.'

To the drow, Horo could only manage a quick exhausted reply, "Yes, that was me. From the tree."

With everyone leaving, and Rhaine asking for his identity he had came to the conclusion that now would not be a time for rest. He stood up, fighting the strain of fatigue, so that he might speak in a more official manner.

"I am Horo Matsuma. We did indeed meet in Impiltur, and I made the mistake of not explaining myself thoroughly; I will not do so again. Those men were my old comrades, whom sought me out for this sword," he said, directing their attention to his black sheathe, "and I fear they would have caught me had it not been for the refuge you've all offered me. I would ask if I could accompany you, for protection for myself, and to aid you in your quest. If I remember correctly, it was rather important, was it not?"

Conall and Argyros had already left the Grey residence and were meandering through the waterlogged streets, the former intending to get his horse. Dagny and Rhaine, however, were still in the house, wrapping up their last-minute business. The dwarf took her mug from Arland's hands, placing it in her pack with a slight smile before returning her attention to him, "Ah, thank ye. May fortune smile on ye, Arland Grey." With that, she strode out of the Greys' home, following closely in the wake of her other companions.

Rhaine was a bit surprised at Arland's heartfelt goodbye, and she placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly, meeting his eyes, "Goodbye, Arland. And until we meet again, may the gods watch your path."

To Horo, she replied, "Well met to you. I am Rhaine Alcinea, Chosen of Kelemvor. You are correct in your assessment - our business is indeed rather important. I recall you asking me if you could join us earlier, whilst we were still in Impiltur...if you are still intent on coming with us, I won't deny your aid. Make ready for our passage by ship to Chondath, and perhaps my companions can fill you in concerning the details along the way. Now, if you will excuse me, I must attend to my horse."

The Doomguide then carefully made her way to the stables, where she took Azrael by the reins and began leading him to the docks, not far behind Nawen. It was obvious that the great warhorse was not pleased with the amount of water in his way, and his heavy footsteps were accentuated with soft splashes in the moonlit puddles as he plodded along.

Meanwhile, Xallistine had followed Shalena and found where she had placed her ship: in the water at the far end of the docks, with plenty of room for the Sea Compass to expand. The Ulitharid, after making sure the conditions were satisfactory, merely waved his wand, and the tiny ship made a distinct popping noise, rushing back to normal size with an astonishing blast of energy. The vessel made a gigantic wave as its weight sank heavily into the water, effectively soaking everyone nearby even more than they already were, and it listed precariously from side to side before finally settling.

"Well," Xallistine remarked happily, smiling as much as an Ulitharid could, "All back to normal now."

With that, he, Conall, Dagny, Argyros, and Rhaine, joined by Aodh, began boarding the ship with their horses in tow. Dagny almost immediately found her usual spot in the pirates' mess hall, whilst Argyros headed for the bunks - thoroughly exhausted. Conall and Rhaine both secured their steeds in the cargo hold before returning to the top deck to be of assistance to the rest of the party if needed.

Xundus nodded at Aera's story. It was a common one - of course, most of the time the person wasn't a weretiger. When a stranger stumbled in the door, the drows hand moved to his rapier, but as no one else made a move he relaxed. Once he introduced himself as Horo, apparently having met the others previously, Xundus merely nodded his head. Any new additions to the group were welcome in his mind.

As Rhaine announced they would be leaving soon, he grabbed his things and made his way down to the docks and onto Shalena's ship, immediately making his way below the deck for some rest.

Shalena nodded in thanks when Xallistine enlarged her ship and went to look around and make sure if everything was in order. Satisfied that nothing was broken or tiny, Shalena returned to the top deck and began talking with the helmsman about their upcoming trip. Once she was done talking with him, she approached Conall and Rhaine.

"Iljak seems like the best place to dock." The captain said.

Nawen led Kiira to their usual place in the cargo hold, Rhegar who was feeling tired curled up into a ball and fell asleep in the corner. Nawen decided to go to the top deck. She spent more than enough time indoors for one day. She leaned on the railing and for a moment watched how the people were clearing out the rubble from the docks.

"I know that Westgate is home to some of us, but I'm glad we're leaving." She said.

Ianthe was quite excited as she followed the others out of the Grey's house and onto the docks. She very quickly made her way onto the ship and stood leaning over the railing with the sea breeze on her face, grinning.

Arva, however, was quite upset with having to board the ship again... He didn't share her happiness and could only pray to whatever gods were watching right now that they wouldn't run into the problems they had last time he was on the ship.

Aera was reluctant, but boarded the ship with everyone else. She went belowdecks with Arva and chatted with him a bit, a bit excited to be starting an adventure.

After retrieving the supplies he needed to make the clothing and armor, Tannin made his way to the ship and quickly set himself aside a small corner in the hold that he could work in relative peace and quiet.

---------------

---------------

On his way back to the boat, Azuris spotted Hexol wading out in the middle of a flooded road and called out to him. "Come on Hex, We're going back on the boat." He said miserably.

"Already?" Hexol asked as he approached.

"Yeah... And this time it's gonna take nearly two weeks.'

"Ouch, you gonna be okay?"

"I'll survive... if I don't throw myself off the ship first." Az grumbled as he started towards the ship where Bob was was not at all happy to be waiting on, going so far as backing up as close to the ship as he could, and defecating, flinging fecal matter onto the side of the ship with his tail (a skill that he had spent years perfecting.)

Hexol meanwhile went in search of Rhaine, tugging on her hand when he found her. "I think Az is gonna need something for his stomach, the last trip didn't sit so well with him.. just to let you know." He said, not particularly wanting to play nurse again. He didn't care for cleaning up after anyone.