Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Kelemvor turned his head to look at Olivia's sobbing form, the mask shimmering, "I do not pass Judgment on those whose actions can yet be rectified. In all things, mortals have a choice - and sometimes those choices cannot be anticipated, even by the gods.

"I will leave you with this: the turmoil you see here on the Prime is but a reflection of a sickness in the heavens. My peers grow restless, and I fear we are on the brink of war...a war in which mortals shall pay the heavy price. Thus, be mindful of the churches you represent when you draw your swords."

With that, a wind blew through the camp, dissolving the god's form into a silver mist and returning the campfire's original hue, his final blessing but a whisper, "May the wind be at your backs. I will be watchful."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Olivia listened to what Kelemvor said, and sighed softly. It didn't matter if she was rectified or not, what she did... How could she have been so stupid?! It could have been avoided. It could have been all fine and dandy. But now she will never know, because of her stupidity. She looked over to see Saerileth, looking at her with concern. Olivia frowned, and shoot her head silently. She needed to leave, and think. Olivia stood up and gently moved Saerileth out of the way, walking into the dark forest.

Aricia listened to Kelemvor, and turned her attention to Olivia as she began to cry... but she knew that whatever troubled Olivia, it could not be helped with healing hands.

Xallistine sighed and sat down, his aching body tired.

Ravenna watched things silently, Kelemvor had visited them? She saw Olivia leave the camp, and walk off into the woods, Ravenna tailed her silently, until she was close enough to speak"Now now my dear... what's the matter?"

Olivia was walking and heard a familiar, but cold voice behind her. She jumped and quickly turned around to see it was that Witch from the temple. Olivia stood for a moment, she didn't want to run, but she didn't want to fight either. If she wanted to consume her right now, she would let her, Olivia didn't care anymore. "Are you here to kill me?" She began, still teary eyed. She sat down under a nearby tree and looked into the woman's eyes. "Then here I am." She said, in a monotone voice.

Ravenna looked at Olivia and sat down beside her "I'm not a monster you know, i prefer my victims with fight left in them... i have children, another life... i am split in two, a dark being that has to consume the youth of others to stay alive... and a benevolent wife and mother... how about i let you see my other side? tell me what's wrong." She said softly, kindly.

Saerileth looked as Olivia left camp. She shook her head sadly, and went to sit with her mother. She may not be happy with her mother for leaving her alone, but Rhaine was right. She was her mother and she would have to accept her for who she was. She puts her arms around Aricia, and held tight.

Caladus sat down to meditate and clear his thoughts.

Shaori was flying to her parents.

Byron flew off into the woods to make sure Olivia would be alright. Not like he could intervene, but he could call for help. He saw her talking to the woman from the temple, and fades to not be noticed.

Olivia raised and eyebrow, and tilted her head inquisitively slightly. Was she going to trick her or something? This had too be... But she couldn't sense that she was lying. Maybe she was telling the truth? She didn't know. But, again, remembering what was troubling her, Olivia felt her chest become incredibly heavy, and dreaded. She just wanted to go away, never think about the world and it's never ending problems. She wanted to live in peace, not a care in the world about what was happening...

She sighed softly as she rubbed her eyes, getting the water out of them. "When I was a child, I lived with my parents on the outskirts of Waterdeep. My father was a farmer while my mother worked days and nights at the busiest Inn in Waterdeep." Olivia began, feeling the urge to cry again. She took a deep breath and continued. "My father and I were really close, sense I never see my mother. When she get's home from the tavern I was always asleep... My parents argued a lot, especially about me and what they were going to do if something happened, like running out of money or whatever." She paused, thinking about her Dad gave her a small smiled, but that quickly disappeared. Again, she continued once more. "It was a normal day. My father was working in the fields while mother was at the Inn. I was at home reading a new book I got from the library. But, I wanted to go outside, for some odd reason. I had a spot where I could read if both of my parents were at home arguing about something, so I could read in peace. Anyway, as I was working my way to the spot, which was under a big Oak tree with wide spreading branches, I saw a bright yellow mushroom that grew where I would normally sit. Of course with my curiosity, I picked up and examined it, and even smelled it. It was quite a wonderful smell, but I didn't want to taste it encase it tasted gross." She paused for another moment, what the hell was she doing? She felt like a kid again, talking with someone about her feelings... Anyway.

Olivia cleared her throat and began again, "I ran back to see my father making some of his famous soup... Well, it wasn't famous, but it tasted like the most royal thing you could think of. But I showed him the mushroom..." Olivia said, her voice cracking as she did so. The emotions that were running in her mind were outright insane. Again, she broke down and began to cry and sob again. She buried her face into her knees, thinking about her dad.

Ravenna listened to the story, and got up, she knelt in front of Olivia, but higher than the girls head, and gripped Olivia's face, under her chin, tilting it up to face her "Now, you listen to me. My comprehension of right and wrong, my morality, it may all be a lie, i may truly be evil... but i know one thing... that is that you can't blame yourself, you can't keep wishing you can change things... you were a child, how could you have known? The answer is rhetorical, your mother nor your father were alchemists... the properties of the fungi could not have been known... you can't blame yourself." Ravenna said, sure that whatever this mushroom was, it had poisoned Olivia's father.

Normally, Rhaine would have felt at peace with a visit from her god, but this encounter left her ill at ease - not because he expected her to be more open with her compatriots, but because of his implications regarding his...'colleagues.'

The turmoil you see here on the Prime is but a reflection of a sickness in the heavens...

She had heard rumors that the gods were becoming more and more active as of late. Were they truly taking sides against one another? And so soon after the Time of Troubles?

Be mindful of the churches you represent when you draw your swords...

If their foes were allied with any temples at all, her actions as Chosen could be perceived as an attack by the Kelemvorite church against another faith...possibly inciting a retaliation against Kelemvor himself. Likewise, Saerileth's involvement would do the same for Tyr, and her very presence could be seen as a loose alliance between the two gods.

Rhaine sighed heavily, sitting and putting her head in her hands. Kelemvor was right. They needed to watch their words and their actions carefully, or they would spark a conflict that would consume the Realms in its fury.

Olivia shook her head. It WAS something that she should blame herself for. It was her fault, she can't deny it. It will permanently scar her probably. She looked at the woman again, "You don't get it! IT WAS MY FAULT! I blame myself because it's true! He'd still be alive today if it wasn't for my stupidity." Olivia said, quite loudly. She thought about it even more harder then before. Maybe if she killed herself, she could see him again... Apologize. She shook her head, what's the point of thinking about him now more then ever. Edited by TheBestIdiot122