Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Ianthe swayed to the memory of the cheerful tune and grinned, "I will go where everyone else goes. I'm not picky or in a hurry." She twirled round and round until a hand clapped itself around her shoulder, and she stopped suddenly.

Beldar smiled at her, "I want you to know that when this adventure ends, I welcome you back here anytime. You seem to make the whole inn light up, and besides, the cook's grandson is looking for a bride." He winked at her and let go of her shoulder.

Ianthe blushed deeply and clapped a hand over her nose and mouth, "I come and go like the tides and the wind. I can't very well promise anything, but I will consider since it is so close to my home."

The cook laughed heartily, "She's a nymph, Beldar. She will do as she pleases and no less. She's probably seen more men come and go in her lifetime than we've ever known. She is not meant to be imprisoned by marriage. Honestly, the poor thing just wanted to have a nice night and you spring Alphonse on her. A hopeless boy, really."

Ianthe shook her head vigorously, "No. I'm not quite even adult yet. I've not been with any men. I don't have interest in such pursuits as romance yet. As I've said, I'll consider the offer. Perhaps someday I will return and be ready..." Her cheeks still tinged deep scarlet, she bowed to the men and bolted her way up the stairs for her things in fear of being left behind. Within moments, she was outside with her boots on and her things packed up.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saerileth goes redder than the strawberries that she had been eating, and tries to avoid everyone's attention, as Rhaine wiped her face off. She had neglected to wash, and now was having similar treatments as if she had shown up to a lesson with Mother Cordelia back in Ellisium. "I-I thank thee, it was an unpardonable oversight that I neglected to wash this morn. I do apologize." Saerileth says, bows and goes to walk away, stops and says, "Thou couldst merely have told me I needed to wash." She says, annoyed.

Caladus decides to see what is going on inside, and enters to see Saerileth being snippy with Rhaine. He cuffs her upside the head, as he would with any disrespectful child in the village he used to watch over. "Respect your elders, whelp. You should have thought to wash in the basin before you left your room. You didn't and received an embarrassment as a consequence. Deal with it!" He says, sternly. He then turns to see that Rhaine has gone outside, and walks after her. He sees her greet the construct, and says "Good morning to you, Adament." Turning to Rhaine, he adds. "Dark Thunder is not happy being in his stall, he wants to get out and run. How soon can we leave?"

Shaori looks in astonishment as Caladus smacks Saerileth. He seemed to have been a father at some point, as he seemed to have no problem providing discipline. She made a note to ask him about it in the future, or if he wanted to be a father, The second part of the thought causes her to blush slightly and she hopes no one notices.

Rhaine continued on towards Yartar's gates, commenting to the druid, "We can leave right now. Let's get to the stables and see about horses."

The gates had been opened for the day, and now the streets were bustling with people. Merchants hawked their wares before the inn, tempting the adventurers to buy one of their exotic trinkets or fine clothes. Caravans stopped at checkpoints near the entrance, letting the guards examine their wagons for contraband. It was by one of these caravans that the Doomguide slipped as she made her way out of the city in search of the stables.

She found the stable just where Beldar had said it was, near the pasture just outside the Shield Tower. Beside the paddock was a very large and well-kept barn, leaning against the wall of the city. She waved to the stablemaster, "Good morrow, goodsir! Have you horses to purchase?"

"Aye!" came his answering call, "That I do." He paused for a moment, crossing his arms and seeming to take in the group, "I've a steed for every one of you, that is a promise! Come inside the barn, here, and we'll see what we can do."

Nawen followed everyone outside to look for the stables. Yartar was a nice looking city but she preferred to be outside the city. Somehow with all the common people who lives there, city guards, merchants and other adventurers it looked so crowded and she liked to have more... open space.

She did not like the idea of getting more horses. Sure, it was too far to go back and fetch the other horses they left at the Green Giant inn but spending hard earned gold on horses that they will probably leave at some tavern again and then travel too far to go back and take them seemed odd but she also knew that there's no way they could reach Cormyr on foot. It's just too far away.

"Maybe we should share the horses again?" Nawen suggested. She thought it wasn't such a bad idea and this way they could save more money for other important supplies.

Edited by Naktis

Caladus had followed to the stables to grab Tack for the horses, and says "We don't need one for Shaori, as she could fly, Adament will probably walk by himself, Dark thunder is willing to help carry either Nawen or Saerileth, Both should be light enough, Or Ianthe, I suppose."

Saerileth was shocked when Caladus struck her. He reminded her of the way the monks would get when she started getting rebellious, but at least he had only hit her once, and with his hand, not with a paddle or made her go in a 2 or 3 on one sparring match to whip some sense into her. She started feeling like he would be more of a father than anything else, and made a mental note to try sparring with him later.

Shaori walked out into the sunlight, and stretched, wings and all. She jumps into the air, and flaps over the crowds to find the group by the stables. She misjudges her landing, and bumps off the roof to land face first on a patch of soft grass. She heals herself with a quick spell and hopes nobody had been watching.

Ianthe walked along behind the others, looking at all the wares people had for sale. Humans and elves alike brushed past her, making her blush and freeze up as they walked by. It was as if everyone had to touch her as they walked through the crowd. She had never seen so many people in one place before, and her breaths became a little shallow. Before she knew it, the crowd had swallowed up her friends and left her stuck between a plump man with a large mustache and a thin old woman dressed in finery. The crowd shifted once more and Ianthe found herself pressed against a tall, lean man with a linen shirt on. She looked over to him, "What are they all looking at?"

He looked over at her, green eyes flashing in agitation as he tried to tuck his copper hair behind a subtly pointed ear. "S-sorry," He stammered, "I, er, need a haircut. They're all looking at what seems to be a group of odd adventurers. We don't get many of them through here. Adventurers, that is." He blushed a deep scarlet and looked down at what Ianthe assumed was the ground or maybe his shoes. "I'm sorry, you're just... Very pretty."

Ianthe shrugged, "It only seems to be getting me into trouble lately. Just today, someone asked me to marry a cook's grandson. I don't even know the man..."

The man placed his hands over his face as if to hide it, "Oh gods."

Putting a hand on the man's back, she tried to peer through his hands and said, "What is it?"

He gave a weak, cracking whimper and said, "I'm Alphonse."

The stablemaster led them inside the barn, where at least thirty horses whinnied, munched hay, and tossed their heads at the companions. Rhaine petted the broad forehead of a big chestnut draft as she passed - she could already tell that their decisions were going to be tough ones.

"So," the stablemaster said, proudly gesturing to his stock, "Here you are. What are you looking to use them for? War? Traveling?"

"Traveling," Rhaine nodded, "We're headed to Cormyr."

"I see...well all of these horses could fit the bill," he pointed to the right side of the barn, "but this side of the aisle houses my riding steeds. They're bred for endurance and speed. That one," he gestured to a tall and slender bay horse with black points, "is my fastest, by far. He's got a temper, though - we've taken to calling him Tempus. And those two," he indicated a pair of dapple greys, one with a white mane and the other with a black one, "are my hardiest. The one with white is Ghost. The one with black is Brook. They're twins."

Rhaine was instantly taken with Ghost. She walked up to him slowly, while he met her eyes with his own fearless black gaze. The Doomguide reached up and stroked his neck, and the stallion lowered his head and pressed it into her chest, whuffling softly. She grinned, "I think this one is mine."

The stablemaster was smiling, too, "Seems he likes you! Why don't you bring him out and take a good look at him?"

Good idea, she thought. Rhaine clipped Ghost's lead onto his halter and opened the stall door. She slowly and gently coaxed him out, realizing just how large he was. His hooves clopped on the floor with mellow tones as she pulled him out to examine him.

He had to be at least sixteen hands. His neck was beautifully arched, his chest well-muscled and his legs strong. Rhaine suspected he was of warhorse stock, mixed with a more delicate breed. His chiseled head was almost pure white, as was his mane and tail; the grey dappling started just above his shoulders, and became darker and slightly bluer in hue as it spread over his flanks and down his hind legs. His hooves were striped, shod with shining silver shoes. The Doomguide was thoroughly impressed.

"I'll take him."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Shaori sees Rhaine leading out a lovely dappled grey horse from the stables. She remembers that Ianthe would probably like one, and jumps into the air, and flaps off to find the Nymph. She sees Saerileth heading to the stables, and after circling for a moment, spots Ianthe. She flies down, and flapping just above her, looking like and Angel with a cheeky grin, asks "Hey, Ianthe? Who's your friend?" She hits herself in the forehead, and says "Oh, and move your ass down to the stables. You gotta get a horse."

Caladus runs to the Inn, retrieves Dark Thunder, and rides bareback to the stables to buy a saddle for him.

Saerileth arrives at the stables, and realizes she will need a horse. She walks around for a while, and finds a big white horse with black spots on it that she liked. The horse bends it's head to sniff her curiously. This two-legs doesn't smell like other two-legs, the horse thought. "I shalt take this one. What is he called?" The stable owner walks over, and says, "Well... my daughter named him, his name is Binky." Saerileth smiles. "Then I shalt take Binky."

Ianthe waved at Shaori and then took Alphonse's arm in hers, "Hi Shaori! This is my fiance! His name is Alphonse and look!" She jumped up, grinning from ear to ear and pointed at the confused man's head, "He has red hair! Oh, and he also has a crackly voice but I like it!" Ianthe then grabbed tightly onto Alphonse's hand and begin to shove and tackle her way through the crowd, running as fast as she could. She was at the stables rather swiftly, and ran inside as fast as her legs would take her.

Ianthe waved to the stablemaster with her free hand and then her eyes widened. She rushed over to the prettiest horse she saw, one with a dappled coat and a black mane. The horse seemed excited to see Ianthe, and nudged at her head playfully.

The stablemaster tilted his head to the side, "That would be Brook."

"I'll take her!" Ianthe said excitedly, then hugged Alphonse tightly, "Our first horse!"

The stablemaster waved, "Alphonse. This is the first girl I've ever seen within ten feet of you."

Alphonse, who seemed to be nearly hyperventilating in nervousness, nodded meekly at the stablemaster. "Yessir." He then looked down at Ianthe and, red-faced, said, "You are so awesome."

Xallistine looked around the stable, this was all very strange to him.. very strange indeed "This thing is a horse?... you actually sit on that?! By Illistine! what have i gotten myself into! it has... it has fur... how utterly repulsive. Ah well... i suppose there are no carrion crawlers to mount... I'll take whichever one that doesn't hate Illithid." He waled around, many of the horses afraid, but one, a large black steed, seemed not to mind the race of Xallistine "Then this one will be mine... are there tomes that teach you how to ride these things?"

Aricia followed along, still her head rang, her thoughts elsewhere, and her emotions unsettled.. She fastened her necklace at the back, as she had put her armour on almost just as they walked out of the door, and she heard the stable boy Alphonse with his nervous voice, and his trembling body as he looked at Ianthe "Please child... keep your tongue in your mouth and get on with your job!" She snapped, before walking around the stable, looking for a suitable horse. She found a beautiful white mare and patted it's nose "You are beautiful... yes i think i shall have you." Aricia mounted the horse, and sat on her elegantly, leaning forward to pet the mares neck.