Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine took a few more bites of her small meat pie before answering, "I have never tolerated animal cruelty. I may not be a ranger, but part of a Doomguide's doctrine is to respect all life. I feel it would be my duty to investigate this issue. However, I cannot charge this ranger as guilty unless I see his actions for myself."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illius sighed in relief once he saw Xallistine in the common room. "I was actually looking for you." He said and approached the Ulitharid with the book in his hands. "I've been thinking that we should hide the true content of this book. Something tells me that it might be important." The sorcerer knew that there are ways to conceal the true meaning of words on the pages without hiding the actual book.

Xallistine rubbed one of his larger tentacles, as he always did when he concentrated, as a sage would rub his beard. "Conceal what is within? Well... i could indeed, but it would be such a waste... still, if you believe it for the better, i shall be more than happy to... shall we say, muddle the words a little?"

"Oh there is no worry about this not being true. Boo says that the man who told us was not lying when he told Minsc that he had seen this ranger abusing animals with his own eyes. If your boyfriend would like to join, then we can apply butt kicking more liberally!" Boo squeaked a few times.

"Boo says that perhaps you two are not a couple, but merely very close friends. Minsc does not wish to offend you, and apologizes."

"I was thinking about using Secret Page spell." Illius suggested. He felt stupid for suggesting this in the first place but better be safe than sorry. The sorcerer handed the book to Xallistine. "I think you should have it. Only you can read what's written here." He said. Illius had a lot of business elsewhere and was planning to leave again right after the ball. He also knew that others in the group trusted Xallistine thus the book should be safe with him. Edited by Naktis

Rhaine finished the pie, then grinned, "That is quite all right, Minsc. By the way, your hamster is quite amazing - truly. After we deal with this ranger, may I buy one of her offspring from you? I have another ranger friend who is lacking an animal companion, and I think one of your 'Miniature Giant Space Hamsters' would be perfect for her."

Minsc smiled and gave Rhaine a massive bearhug, swinging her around before his witch Aerie muttered something, as well as Boo squeaking a warning. Minsc released Rhaine with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Apologies again! Minsc knew you would love the amazing powers of his miniature giant space hamster when he saw you!" He reaches into his armor and pulls out a small brown furry animal.

"This one Minsc named Jaheira because she reminded him of a friend from long ago who was serious and pensive all the time. Would she suit your needs? Or perhaps would you like Jan? He is a male, and is more light-hearted and silly. All of them can talk as Boo can, but only talk to the one that they choose to bond to! At least, so Boo tells me." The one that had been identified as Jaheira looked at Caladus, and he heard a stern voice in his head,

"What are you staring at, Two-legs? Paint a portrait, it lasts longer!" Caladus reeled and pointed at the small hamster.

"She.. I.. just heard that one talk!" Minsc smiled and handed Jaheira over.

"No charge my friend. I owe you after last time! I have other miniature giant space hamster babies that have no names, if you would prefer one of those for your friend, pretty elf lady."

Rhaine coughed, as the man's embrace had crushed the breath from her lungs. She then smiled weakly and fished twenty gold from a small pouch on her belt, presenting the coin to Minsc, "Perhaps one of the ones with no name? I think she would prefer to name it herself." Edited by AurianaValoria1

Minsc handed over one of the nameless hamster young, and smiles hugely. Minsc looks towards the sky, shading his eyes.

"Eh, it is about noon. I shall go find out more information about this abusive ranger, then I will come get you and we will apply liberal use of boot to his buttocks in the name of GOODNESS!" Minsc turns away shouting,

"Do you hear me, Nature Abusing Ranger? I am coming for you! So Says MINSC!" Caladus looked worried, and shook his head slightly. That ranger is going to be hurt badly, and anyone standing next to him likely as well. Jaheira thought to him.