Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Lacey looked at Ravenna, completely dazzled by how lovely she looked, "You look absolutely stunning, my Lady. How quickly you came up with an extravagant look!" She curtsied at the door and said, "Now, forgive me for leaving, but I must get my costume on. Perhaps if we are lucky during the ball, we can even chat a little. Your company has been most enjoyable, Lady Ravenna."

----------------------------

Reona let out a dainty giggle, feeling her chest burn slightly due to her bodice, "I would most likely be dressed like one of the performers at this ball, in that case. I've no eye for fashion yet." The finishing touch was added, on a whim of one of the maids. Her eyes were dusted with a vibrant green eyeshadow so that the skin around the eye holes of her mask wouldn't look as plain.

"It's almost time, isn't it?" She inhaled deeply, and her breath caught as she realized her bodice was still tightly laced. "My, that takes a little getting used to."

Arva practiced dancing with an invisible partner, and then noticed the performers beginning to set their decorations up in the courtyard outside his window. There was a large, red and white tent set up already, with its enormous flaps pulled open. Three men in red and green tights and pointed shoes led in an enormous grey creature with ears shaped like fans and a huge, snakelike thing that looked like it must be a nose, set above two colossal teeth that curved upward powerfully. Two more of the creatures followed benevolently behind the first. "What in the gods' names are those things?"

The old tailor laughed, "Those are elephants, my boy. They're not very commonly talked about around here, much less seen, so I can understand why you wouldn't know. The fact that their circus has even one is remarkable in itself. You know, even though they're gigantic, people say they're afraid of mice. Who knows, maybe they just know the little mouse doesn't deserve to be stepped on."

Arva stared in wonder, stepping over to his balcony doors and opening them. Several of the performers led in unleashed big cats, most likely their animal companions. He was amazed to see them in such docile moods. They didn't even look at any of the smaller animals that would normally be their prey. Scattered across the yard stood what must have been the acrobats and contortionists, because they all seemed to be stretching in impossible positions as they laughed and chatted. They all wore red and green tights pattered with interlocking diamond shapes. All of them wore masks of either red or green, and some even wore jester hats. A man in a red suit with long coattails rolled a large circular stand into the big tent.

Ianthe skipped down the street on her way to the inn, highly pleased with her new dress. She turned around and looked back at Alphonse, placing her mask over her eyes and tilting her head to the side.

He laughed and jokingly said, "You look lovely, though your dress is very short. I'd better not catch anyone else looking at your legs."

Ianthe raised her eyebrows as she opened the inn's doors, "Your dress is very short, too."

"It's a kilt!" Alphonse said, his face turning the same shade of red as his hair. Suddenly distracted, he scratched at his slightly pointed ears, "The straps on this mask are sort of itchy."

Ianthe turned around as she walked into the common room of the inn and gasped in excitement, "Everyone looks absolutely perfect!"

Boota curiously poked his head out of Ianthe's breast pocket and then leaped out, soaring through the air. Ianthe tried to catch him, but he went too fast for her hands to follow, and soared past Nawen's shoulder, which happened to be where the young hamster was aiming, right onto the end of one of Xallistine's tentacles.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caladus walked down the stairs, leaning on his cane, tucking his pipe into his pocket. He sees Nawen in the main area, as well as Xallistine, Ianthe, and Alphonse, who was wearing a kilt? He decided not to think too much on it, and instead walked over to the rest of the group.

"Nawen, you look stunning. Ianthe, rather short dress, but looks good on you. Alphonse, nice skirt, but you should have some make-up to go with it. A hint of blush will take you a long way. Xallstine, you have a hamster in your tentacles. I like it, it looks like a fascinating accessory. Just don't eat it. Who's ready to get this ball over with?"

Rhaine smiled warmly at Alphonse, "You look charming, young man. The kilt suits you."

Turning to Ianthe, she added, "And you look wonderful as well, my friend. You might want to retrieve your hamster, though," the Doomguide cast a glance to Xallistine, upon whose tentacles the little fuzzball had jumped, "he seems to have handily escaped your grasp."

Looking around, she commented, "Hmm...I don't see Aricia and Saerileth. Best to wait 'till they arrive."

Nawen was standing beside Xallistine when Caladus, Rhaine and then Ianthe and Alphonse came to the inn as well. She looked at her friends. All of them looked so beautiful. Caladus and Rhaine looked like really nobles. Beautiful and elegant. Ianthe's dress was a bit short but it suited her very well. Alphonse was wearing a skirt but strangely enough it suited him well as well.

"Thank you. You are too kind." She replied to all who complimented her looks. She then looked around again. "You all look so beautiful and elegant." She said and cursed under her breath. Was that the only thing she could come up with? "That was bad." She thought to herself.

"As has yours Lacey, i hope to speak with you at the ball." Ravenna said with a smile. She walked back over to her dresser, and got a bottle of expensive perfume, in a lovely floral scent. She sprayed it on her neck and wrists, and she grabbed her gold mask. She put it on, and admired herself in the mirror, before stepping out of her room, and into the hallway of the house.

----------------------

Adelaide smiled and said "You are my little princess... and to see you looking so stunning... Now it is almost time, everyone is making there way to the ball it seems."

-------------------

Aricia descended the staircase with Saerileth, and looked at everyone in there fancy clothing "You all look simply divine! Well done on choosing your outfits!" She said with a grin.

-----------------

Xallistine was about to respond to Nawen, when she presented him the scroll, but then some small creature jumped onto his tentacles "By the Archdevils!" He exclaimed, but then picked up the creature in his hand "Oh... just a small rodent... Caladus, why on earth would i eat that? I don't know if it is a delicacy for you, but i won't risk the disease." He said, getting up, and the creature back to Ianthe.

He took the scroll from Nawen with a heavy sigh "I'm going to have to become... Like a human creature?"

Nawen glanced at Xallistine and smiled softly. Somehow she felt better that she wasn't the only one who felt uncomfortable. "Yes. Something humanoid would be appropriate though I don't understand why can't you go without disguising yourself. It's masquerade ball after all. " She shrugged and glanced at Aricia and Saerileth. "Wow..." was the only thing she was able to say. Both mother and daughter looked absolutely stunning.

Rhaine turned around to see Aricia and Saerileth, "And you, my friends."

Looking back at Xallistine, she added, "Yes. Unfortunately, as incredible as some guests' outfits may be, I don't think the pretense that your illithid appearance is a mere costume would go over well with the rest of the nobles. They would likely think of it as a distasteful joke."

"And i would rather not offend our hosts, and make everyone chase me with pitch-forks, and clowns... So i shall go and use this scroll... I'll be back in just a moment.." He said, and he walked into a storage room. He used the scroll, and his whole body was transformed, his tentacles disappeared, and his octopus-like head was transformed. His skin took on a pale white hue, and he grew locks of Raven-black hair. He shortened slightly, so not to appear as though he was far too tall, and his robes also changed to fit the mood, now a vampire-like suit of expensive leathers. Rather than growing a beard, his tentacles changed into a black, tentacled masquerade maks.

He stepped out of the storage room, his eyes now sporting a light blue iris, and his long black hair was windswept back. He was elven... rather than taking on a human form, his fingers still extremely long, with sharp, taloned nails. When he opened his mouth, sound actually escaped his lips, and he spoke in a deep, intelligent voice. "Oh my... i'm... an elf?!"