Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Nawen almost fell when the insect like being quickly jumped to his feet. Apparently Aricia's spell was quite enough at least for a moment. She gathered her healing salves and bandages and slowly stood up.

"Because you needed help. We couldn't leave you like this." She said. "I'm not like the other Drow." She added once he called her dark softskin. She was used to suspicion whenever she helped someone. They always thought that her showing some kindness is a part of some great and evil plan.

"I hope so too." Aedan replied. "I'm itching for some action." He added and for a moment remained silent. "So, is this dagger the only thing you need or are we going to stride through jungles again?"

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tak'we was surprised at the dark pointy-ear's words. "Thank you?" he said, unused to the softskins kind reactions. "Aren't you afraid of thisss one? Ssoftsskinsss alwaysss curse or run when they ssseeee thisss one'sss face." He'd never been given help because he needed it. "Drow?" he puzzled, having never heard of the dark elves. "Isn't dark pointy-ear from the village of ssand and ssstone like other dark softskins?"

He paused a moment, looking around at the forest, realizing suddenly that he'd never be able to find his way out on his own. "Nevermind." The thri'kreen hesitated for a moment, not wanting to ask for more help in case it brought anger. But I cannot leave without aid. "Thisss one isss very thankful." *tck!* "Would you mind if thisss one joined you? Thisss one doesss not know how to leave this... foresst? Yess. that's it." He had to stop to think of the word. "And you are the only onesss not sscared of thisss one." Tak'we looked at them with his unblinking eyes, hoping that the softskins would accept him.

Edited by GrueMaster

Rhaine looked the tall insectoid up and down, just a little intimidated by his size alone. The massive two-headed spear he wielded was also something to give her pause. He had slain half of the slavers with that weapon, even injured and poisoned. She couldn't imagine his strength when healthy...

But it was a strength they needed on their side. And if he could not find his way out of the forest, then he needed them as well.

She looked up at him, realizing that his eyes were multi-faceted, "If you will help us in our quest, then you may come with us. We are trying to stop an evil woman from destroying everything that we hold dear..." she trailed, not knowing what he called himself, "I am sorry, I don't know your name."

"Thank you," Tak'we said, a somewhat more animated emotion in his words, happy that someone had actually accepted him. "Thiss one will gladly help winged pointy-ear's clutch!" He rocked back on his heels as she asked for his name. "Thisss one's name?" No one ever bothered asking for his name! "Thisss one iss called... is called..." The thri'kreen struggled to translate his name into Common: he'd never had to before. "Uh...thisss one's name isss *Tck Wee* he said in his native tongue, a click followed by a sharp whistle. "Sssorry. Thiss one issn't sure how to pronounce it in softskin's tongue." Edited by GrueMaster

Echo was very happy to hear Tak'we say he would join them. "You mentioned 'the village of sand and stone' ... if you mean Calimport, my friend Mahira and I are from that city, but Nawen is not. She is different from both of us, and I'm actually quite different from Mahira, too."

"And not one of us is like those slavers," Mahira added, rising to her feet to stand with Echo. She put an arm around the halfling and smiled at Tak'we reassuringly. "I am Mahira, and this is Echo; we're very honored to meet you."

Tak'we hissed at the mention of the dark softskin village. "Yesss. That wasss the name of that" *nrakktcktcktck* "place!" He looked down at Echo and Mahira, then Nawen. He felt uneasy trusting dark softskins. But they drove off the slavers and helped you, he reasoned, and so he extended his lower good arm, remembering that softskins often shook hands as a strange way of greeting. Then he realized that he towered over the two women, so he knelt down to their level, hissing softly as his wounds ached with the motion. "Nice to meet you, Mahira and Echo and Nawen of... Winged Pointy-Ear'sss clutch." He looked at Rhaine apologetically. "Sssorry. Thisss one doesssn't know your clan name." He looked at at Echo, curious about her. "Why iss ssoftssskin hatchling out here? Issn't it dangerousss for you?" Tak'we always had a softspot for younglings, and was concerned about the child-looking woman, having never heard of halflings before either: he always thought they were young waifs.

Reona shrunk against Ianthe a little after seeing the giant mantis, her heart beating wildly in her chest.

"What's wrong?" the nymph whispered, putting her hands on the short elf girl's shoulders from behind and pressing down almost as if she were going to vault over the elf. Her wrist had quite literally dislocated and then popped into place perfectly after drinking some of the potion William had given her and Alphonse, and she was excited about any way she could use the wrist. Her eyes were widened in wonder at Tak'We. "His color is magnificent and rich, isn't it? And look how big and cute those eyes are! I bet his carapace is really tough, too. And four arms? How useful that would be!"

Reona shivered and then immediately straightened, taking on an imperious tone. "Nothing's wrong."

Arva snickered and straightened the saddle on his and Reona's horse, after checking to make sure everything was still fastened properly. He looked over to Ianthe and grinned. "She's afraid of most bugs! Once, she moved all her things to the other side of the estate just because she saw a large spider in her room."

"Oh, it's nonsense," Ianthe said, rolling her eyes, "The best way to conquer fear is to face it!" And with that, she dragged Reona over to Tak'We and smiled. "I'm Ianthe and this is my half-sister, Reona. I think you're magnificent and your carapace is so shiny!"

Reona paled and gave a nervous half-wave. "I'm... afraid of bugs. And now there's a giant talking mantis in front of me. I'm sure you're wonderful, but I must become used to you before I can be unafraid." As a gesture of showing she would try to become Tak'We's friend, she then attempted to say his name the way he had a moment ago. She failed, of course, the sound she'd made being more akin to an irritated pig than the finely tuned clicks and shrieks of the mantis.

"A pleasure to meet you, Tak'we." Nawen said and shook his hand. It was good to know his name even if they still didn't know what he is. She was happy to hear that he's going to join them. They need every ally they can get.

The thri'kreen shook Nawen's hand, surprised that she managed to pronounce his name so well. Then Tak'we gave an annoyed hiss at being called "bug." "Thisss one is not a 'bug'! Thisss one isss Thri'kreen!" *tcktck!* He calmed himself down, knowing that the pointy-ears probably didn't know better. The thri'kreen turned towards Ianthe and Reona and greeted them, and stood a little taller at Ianthe's compliments. "Sssorry if thisss one startled you. Thisss one doesss not like being called 'bug.' " He looked at Reona, understanding her fear of him, a somewhat sad look on his face: he was an imposing figure,plus he was different, after all. Then he started hissing with laughter at Reona's attempt to pronounce his name, saddened thoughts banished. "It isss alright, Ree'ona. Thisss one is ussed to sssuch fear." Tak'we gave a small hiss of pain as the laughter bothered his side. "Could thisss one have bandagesss. Thisss one can travel with you now, but would like to tend to thessse woundsss." Edited by GrueMaster

The Doomguide had always been curious about Calimport, but it did not sound like a friendly place...perhaps it was something to ask Mahira and Echo about when the situation was less dire.

If they survived, of course.

Rhaine's mouth twisted into a grin at her companions' interactions with the creature. She followed Nawen's example and tentatively shook his clawed hand, "A pleasure indeed, Tak'we." The name did not roll easily off of her tongue, but she tried her best. "Help yourself to whatever bandages and healing kits you need."

She then gestured to the rest of her friends, "That's Alphonse and William over there, this is Xallistine, Aricia," she finished by bowing slightly, "and I am Rhaine Alcinea." She smiled as she remembered what he had first called her - winged pointy-ear. The Doomguide was laughing inwardly...she had been called many things in her life, but that particular epithet was a new one.

Noticing that Xallistine had brought their horses, she checked her steed's tack and mounted up, "Everyone make sure you have what you need. Tak'we, can you keep up with the horses?"