Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Nawen walked around the town leading Kismet by his reins. She thought what to do with the horse. The drow could sense his sorrow and she knew that it would take a while until he got used to her. She didn't want to make him think that she is trying to replace his former master Mahira. Also there was Echo... she feared that this horse will be a reminder of her friend and that she is gone. Nawen liked Echo and she hated to see her sad. She had to sell the horse but only to the good people who won't abuse him.

She stopped as they approached the Evergreen Hall. One of the priestesses was walking in the small garden in the temple's grounds. "Excuse me." Nawen said as she passed through the gates. The priestess looked at the ranger and greeted her with a warm smile. "Is there anything I can do for you?" The priestess asked politely. The drow nodded and handed her Kismet's reins. "I'd like to gift this horse, Kismet to the temple of Mielikki." The priestess smiled. "This is a very generous gift but I'm afraid we cannot except it." Nawen sighed. "Those priests and their modesty." She thought.. "This horse belonged to a woman, Mahira. Take him as a thank you for laying our friend to rest." The priestess nodded. She knew that the hooded woman wanted to say more and she knew exactly what it was. "Very well. Thank you for your generous gift. May The Forest Queen guide your path."

After leaving the temple Nawen spent some time in the market. Selling the valuables from the banshee's caves, buying more bandages and healing salves as well as more arrows. She also brought her leather armor for repairs. The rest of the gold she decided to spend only when they'll need rooms and food.

She was about to head back to the Dreaming Dragon when suddenly she heard someone shouting at the city gates. Curious to see what's happening she made her way there. In front of the gates a middle aged man yelled at the two guards and tried to calm down a beautiful dapple grey horse.

"By the Nine Hells!" One of the guards exclaimed. "Get that crazy horse out of here!" The middle aged man frowned. "She is fine. She just doesn't like people." The second guard with the biggest mustache Nawen had ever seen, laughed. "If she's afraid of anything it's you, Ikel." Nawen ignored all three men and went directly towards the mare. "There there. Calm down. Everything is fine." She spoke gently as she stroked the mare's mane. Much to their surprise the mare calmed herself a bit but it was enough for the drow to find out why she was scared.

"No wonder she is scared." Nawen said after a moment of silence. "You've beaten her!" Ikel pretended to look shocked but unfortunately for him, he wasn't a good actor. "How can you tell?" One of the guards asked. "She must be one of them nature loving freaks." The other guard mumbled. "I am. What of it?" The drow asked. Her voice had a hint of irritation. "Nothing." He said and looked away. The other one snickered.

"This is a lie! I would never..." Ikel tried to defend himself but it was clear that no one believed him. "Get out of here, you worthless drunk!" The smarter guard of the two chased Ikel away from the gates. He then looked at the hooded stranger and the mare. "What are we going to do with that horse?" He asked. Nawen quickly responded. "I'm in a need of a horse. I would gladly take her." The smart guard thought for a moment. "300 gold and the mare is yours." "But of course. Help them out and they'll still charge you." She thought but handed them the gold and left for the stables.

"What is your name?" Nawen asked as she led the mare to the stables. "The bald human called me a horse." The mare replied and for a moment none of them tried to talk with each other. "My previous master's son named me Kiira." The ranger thought for a moment. She heard that name somewhere. "He named you gems?" She asked once she remembered what 'Kiira' means. "He was a child."

Nawen left the stables and went back to the tavern only after she made sure that Kiira was comfortable and had enough to eat and drink.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Everdawn let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Doomguide. For bringing me this news... I... I will still mourn for her, Rhaine, despite what she is... the times we had seemed genuine. I shall tell the boys she died in a carriage accident, i think it will hurt them less than hearing the truth." He looked to the painting above his fireplace, Of him and Ravenna on their wedding day. "I hope that.. she finds peace. As for you, Lady Alcinea, i must reward you. Is there anything you require? Gold, supplies, anything? Transportation should you leave?" He asked, willing to give whatever he could.

Echo heard a knock upon her door. Recognizing the voice of Tak'we, she realized he had followed the company to Everlund, and her heart felt considerably lighter. "Hello, Tak'we," she said as she let him in. "I'm very glad to see you!"

"Thisss one iss glad to have found you," Tak'we said cheerfully, stepping inside the room. "Thisss one misssed you all terribly." He gave the halfling a nearly bone-crushing hug and glanced around the bedroom. The thri'kreen looked at the bed, curiosity piqued at the unfamiliar sight. "What iss thisss called?" he asked. It looked warm and soft, reminding him almost of the nests thri'kreen nymphs are hatched in. "Iss it a nest for hatchlingss?" Tak'we studied the thing a bit further, then turned towards the halfling. "Iss everyone else here?" he looked at Echo in askance.

Rhaine paused. It seemed wrong to ask anything of one who was grieving, and yet they were in dire need of supplies. Lord Everdawn also seemed quite earnest in his offer, and it would be rude to refuse him. She sighed, "My company and I are about to make a journey across the Anauroch, and we are short of supplies. I'm afraid we haven't much gold between us, though we do have gems to trade. If you could somehow assist us in this, we would be grateful." Edited by AurianaValoria1

Echo returned his hug as well as she could, trying not to let on that he'd hurt her a little. Probably doesn't know his own strength, she thought. "Goodness, hiding under your cloak like that - I wouldn't have recognized you if you hadn't spoken!" She did her best to answer all of his questions. "Let's see ... that is a bed, used for sleeping. If you have nowhere to stay yourself, you're welcome to try it; I'm fine sleeping on the floor, with a bedroll. I've even slept on the ground out of doors, many times." As if that were quite an accomplishment, she beamed at him, and went on. "Everyone else came to town, but I'm not certain where they are now. Are you hungry? We could go downstairs and get something to eat, although ... I'm not sure they serve ... raven."

Lord Everdawn gave a smile, and called for a servant he whispered something in her ear, and she quickly ran upstairs. She came back down with an ornate box, and set it down on the desk. It was only small, but alone was worth a lot of gold- not to mention it's contents. Lord Everdawn held it out to Rhaine, and said softly "It is... Was Ravenna's. She took a lot of her jewellery with her when she left for Cormyr, but i think these were her least favourite, all floral patterns and engravings, The treasury will offer you a vast sum of money for these items- That i'll make sure." Lord Everdawn wrote a quick note to the treasury, and handed it to Rhaine also. "This city is forever in your debt, Rhaine... I heard that one of your company was buried here, well, i promise her grave will always have flowers upon it. Good luck in your travels, and thank you." He replied with a large smile, embracing Rhaine in his arms. He let go, and turned to the men who stood nearer the entrance.

"And what can i do for you two? Apologies if i have no work... As you heard my last issue has been solved."

Weyland, who had been surprised at the sudden drama, remained silent the whole time, as did Amendale. Once Rhaine mentioned her group going across the desert, Weyland decided to speak up. Amendale remained silent.

"If you need supplies, Amendale and I arrived just today on a trading caravan. We were paid a lot of money for the journey. I can't speak for Amendale, but I know I have enough to buy you a considerable amount of supplies on my person right now, plus some more stored away for a rainy day. It'd feel better to me if I got you the supplies, instead of using a grieving man's gold." He patted three large sacks full of gold he had attached to his belt. The journey had not been a cakewalk, nor had it been short.

"I will trade with you for some gems." Amendale spoke. "I wish to send a gift back to my clan."

Weyland wasn't surprised. As far as he'd seen Amendale was a better man than him, although that wasn't to say that he was a bad person. Amendale was the type of person that would be one of the first people on the scene after a catastrophe, while Weyland would sympathize but instead focus on whatever work he had at the time. He shrugged internally. To each their own. At Lord Everdawn's question, Weyland answered.

"I was here looking for work, sir, but I think I shall seek it somewhere else. I won't give you anything else that you have to worry about, and I would imagine you need time to grieve." He spoke sincerely.

"I will help you if you need it. I do not wish compensation." Amendale said.

Edited by Flipout6

Rhaine politely took the box and treasury note, "I thank you, Lord Everdawn. I believe it would help to know that some good came of Ravenna's possessions."

She nodded to Weyland, "If you like, you can join with my company and I...and you might wish to use your hard-earned gold for yourself. And Amendale," she addressed the elf, "If you'll come with me to the treasury house, I'd be more than happy to offer you what gems I have. It's not much, but I think you'll be satisfied."

"Used for ssleeping?" I'll never understand softskinss. he thought with amusement. Hearing her offer it to him brought a hissing chuckle from him. "Thank you, but Thri'kreen do not ssleep. There are nestss, but they are used to keep eggs warm, not sleeping in." He paused for a moment, then continued speaking. "Sssorry for hiding thiss one'ss face, but thiss one hasss learned the hard way that not all softsskinss are good creaturess." He bent over with laughter over Echo's remark about ravens. *Sss-sss-sss!* "That isss unfortunate. Thiss one isss missing black bird already." After laughing a bit more, Tak'we cleared his throat. "Ssorry, but thisss one cannot rissk being sseen. Too many hunterss may be near." Not wanting to sadden his friend, the thri'kreen quickly added: "But if you wouldn't mind carrying food for two, thiss one will gladly eat up here with you." Edited by GrueMaster