Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Nawen was curious to hear the whole story, now that she had finished retrieving her arrows but she thought it would be for the better not to ask. If he did so for revenge she won't get in the way. Sometimes revenge is necessary or at least that's how she saw it.

While the others went to help themselves with some of that treasure she remained in the main hall or whatever the room they battled in was called. She had no desire for treasure, or anything really only to remain with her thoughts and grieve for her fallen friend without bothering others.

===============================================================================

Aedan helped himself with whatever valuables he found in the crate. "Good luck with that." He mumbled as he examined a couple of rings. "These were not fake." He smiled to himself.

"What have I been up to?" The fallen shrugged. "The usual. Killing, robbing and spreading chaos." Aedan circled the remains of what once was a wagon but saw nothing interesting.

"I also got these two." He pointed at his wings. The last time Sefris saw his wings they were small. Small enough not to poke out of clothing and the feathers were grey. These wings however were as big as those of the Favored Souls, except he wasn't a favored. Cursed was more apt word. The feathers were white as freshly fallen snow with crimson tips and it looked like the feathers were actually bleeding.

"I am rather curious what you were up to?" He asked and he indeed was curious to hear what the fey'ri has been doing all this time.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xallistine nodded but had no desire for worldly treasures- Still, the group as a whole did, and he had an eye for enchanted items, hidden as they may be. Proceeding into the treasure chamber her used both his hands, and his many tentacles to sift through the gold in search of valuables, a few enchanted necklaces hanging from his largest appendages within just a few minutes.

-------

Drumming her clawed nails into the arm of her throne, Ravenna sighed again as her thoughts left her and her mind drifted back to reality. Turning her head to smile at the Imp perched on her shoulder, Ravenna extend her arm so that he ran across, and sat in the palm of her hand.

Stroking behind the small devil's furry ears, Ravenna softly cooed. "Gheni dear, you know how much you enjoy flying? Well I have a little task for you to complete." Ravenna paused for a moment, smirk gracing her lips as she thought about her demonic companions, Sefris, she recalled that the woman had been cut off from her before the battle at the church of Sune, meaning she would have no idea as to what had become of the Witch who promised her eternal life.

"I have a friend from my last weeks here as a mortal- Her name is Sefris, a Fey'ri, beautiful creature, long black hair, a streak of grey, bronze skin and red velvet eyes... Find her, bring her to me. Go now." Ravenna commanded, throwing the creature, he took off mid throw and soared out of the church, his altitude increasing he scoured the lands for this demoness.

The sight of a burning carvan and a feast of bodies attracted Gheni's attention enough he swooped down to investigate, the appearance of this elegant sorceress was close to that which his mistress described, however a lot older than originally thought, her hair was riddled with grey...

Wings keeping him up, Gheni perched on the edge of the toppled caravan, and began speaking.

"You Sefris? Ravenna Mistress for you look! Big church! No roof! She want you bring to her!"

"Hmmm...hunting." the fey'ri replied with a small smirk, watching the Fallen's wings she had noticed earlier. Unfortunately, the prey escaped her claws when she had thought she had him where she wanted him. Alas, not this time. Still, her aging situation was more urgent and that was why she returned to find the witch.

Her own demonic red wings moved a little as she examined the Fallen's closely. Red tips? How exotic.

"I don't know much about your kind - can you fly with those wings of yours?" the sorceress asked, her claws gently touching his new-grown wings.

It was then that the litle imp appeared, the fey'ri glancing up at the imposter. So Ravenna wanted to see her? The witch no doubt knew what was happening with her - all being her fault, of course.

"It was about time." Sefris replied, letting go of Aedan's wings. "Will you be joining us?" the half-demoness purred, looking at the Fallen. It would certainly be most interesting to have her little toy back.

Rhaine's magic revived Othos from his unconscious state and he opened his eye to Kowolj rubbing his cheeks, which Kowolj also stopped the second Othos opened his eyes. Othos sat up and thanked her for the assistance,

"Thank you Doomguide!"

After her revealing of the treasure room a smile came to Othos' face at the thought of the chance at searching through a dragon-lich's treasure trove. It was sure to be a mix between a dragon's treasure of gold, jewels, and expensive enchanted objects while it will also have a lich's treasure of forbidden tomes, ancient secrets, and dark objects. It was different to look through this rather than man's corpse, he thought while also recalling the looting of the wizards in the bunkroom. He knew that all these treasures were stolen by the dragon long ago, and never truly belonged to him. He was simply liberating these old, expensive, dazzling stolen goods and he couldn't help but smile at the thought.

He stood up, turned to Kowolj and said in a hurried voice,

"Let's get down that tunnel, and into that treasure! Leave that sword here for now and we will get it on the way back. I want to get some stuff..."

He turned to run without bothering to finish he sentence, dashing down the tunnel with Kowolj on his heels, and marveling at the sight his eyes beheld at the other end. The room was absolutely piled with shiny trinkets of all different colors, and Othos had been given the chance to take whatever he wanted. He walked among the piles of gold, searching for something that caught his eye, and the first thing he found was a pile of gold rings. A few times in his youth he had had the chance to see the Pashas of Calimshan, and they almost always had a ring for every finger. Perhaps somewhere in his mind he wanted to be like that, but in his conscious mind he made no such connection as he picked up ten golden rings, putting one on each finger.

He continued walking through the gold, not bothering to stop and take any since he didn't have any pockets. The next thing to catch his eye was a full suit of plate armor covered to the waist in gold, the suit itself being made of some golden alloy, likely gold plated steel. He undid the armoring on his arms and dropped his old things aside, choosing to take the spaulders and pauldrons for his shoulders, the rerebraces for his upper arm, the vambraces for his forearms, and the gauntlets for his hands. Donning each of the pieces left nothing to be desired, as not a single portion of lavender skin was covered in shining gold.

Next to the armor, sitting in the pile of gold, was a small book. The cover read The Ritual of Enlightenment. Upon skimming a few pages into the book, it turned out to be a ritual in which one could master their subtle instinctual connections which defines their sense of self and then expand it to encompass your weapon, gaining powers in the process. It was path to becoming an Archblade. Othos did always love sword-fighting above his incantations, as he never spent any time to prepare incantations before fighting and always spent time improving his sword prowess. He decided it was worth a read, and he picked it up and took it along with him as he continued to look for things among the great treasures.

Kowolj had never seen so many shiny things in his life. Albeit twas a short life, and also a poor life, but these things only added credibility to his claim.

As he followed Othos throughout the treasure trove, he had been filling the four bags attached to his lower lion half with gold pieces. Kowolj would have the money to purchase the absolute best cuts of meat at the stores now, he would never have to hunt for survival again! Once had finished filling his bags with gold he continued following Othos, and wondered at what the rest of his pride wanted...

Edited by nethgros

Tannin watched as the others walked away, figuring that he wouldn’t be welcomed to join in the spoils he instead walked out to the middle of the chamber. Rolling his shoulders he kicked a few rocks as he wandered around in a bored way, seemingly unaware of his surroundings and lost in his own little world.
It wasn’t until he caught the Blade that was fired at him at high speed was that illusion broken.
Blackrazor was back in it’s owners hand and immediately extended to the standard length of a longsword before it was used to parry the katana charging at him.
The blades met with a deafening clash that would rival a lighting strike. Firing dust and rocks in every which way.
The Blades separated and the dust slowly cleared, revealing the two swordmen and their stares of intensity.
No words were spoken between the two, no angry shouting or curses thrown, They were not needed. One breath was drawn and the two collided again. Each strike a blurred line moving too quick for the human eye to see, Each clash an explosion of energy, sounding out through the chamber.
Their styles were polar opposites, Tannin a flashy dance filled with feints and false movements proceeded by a barrage of attacks aimed at newly formed openings in his opponents defense.
Kento a stone wall of discipline, Each movement precise and in total control. Giving him the advantage, his discipline keeping him from acting upon Tannin’s false openings.
This was apparent as Tannin’s twirling body was slammed into the ground after a successful counter attack by Kento.

As he rose from the ground his body brushed up against something, looking up he was met with the vision of countless dead bodies filling the entirety of the chamber, Accusing faces staring into him. Tannin had seen this used before, A trick that Kento used to unnerve people, a vision of all the lives that the person has ended, seeable only by the one that killed them. But to Tannin, all this did, was make the battleground uneven. He would trip over the bodies as he maneuvered around, and would slip on the bloody floor surface, nothing he couldn’t handle.
He pushed himself off the ground and into a spin to avoid a downward chop from Kento’s blade, which sliced into several bodies spraying the area and Tannin with blood.
Pushing himself up into another spin Blackrazor hit against the Phoenix Blade in rapid succession, showering the area in sparks before Tannin lurched away and landed in a crouching position.
Again the two charged each other and the barrage began again. With Kento on the offensive pushing Tanning back while carving through the bodies laying at their feet.
Soon Tannin lost his footing and tripped, only to be mentally pushed back by Kento, sending him rocketing through the air and smashing into the ground with a loud crack.
Three breaths and a bloody cough later Tannin was back on his feet sporting more than a few broken bones. Before he could retaliate Kento was on him, His blade digging into Tannin’s flesh. Twice more was he cut before he could back step away,
Kento’s blows were raining down harder now, forcing Tannin to change his tactics, by meeting his attacks head on with his own. Taking use of one of Blackrazor’s new abilities the sword changed shape and size at every blow, Longsword, shortsword, Rapier, Scimitar, Katana, Kukri, blade shapes that have never been seen before on Toril, each strike more and more varied putting Kento on the defensive as each shape became harder to defend against.
This changed rather quickly as Tannin was pushed back yet again, sending him spiraling across the ground like a rag doll.

Picking himself up again his vision blurred and the amount of blood loss he was suffering from became evident. Taking count of his wounds versus the ones he knew he had scored against Kento, he knew he was loosing, while he had managed to cause numerous hits they were all superficial. Where as his own wounds were too deep for his liking. Steadying himself he readied for the next onslaught, but it never came. What happened next completely caught him off guard, His body was suddenly jerked high into the air and was held there as the Phoenix blade shot towards him and buried itself into his chest. And as he fell the world began to fade away into white.

Edited by josh900

Tak'we bowed his head in thanks to Rhaine for healing his wounds, and remained silent a while longer, praying for Maydiira's spirit. Goodbye, Maydiira, he prayed. May Mother Moon light your path to paradise.

The thri'kreen tore a piece from his cloak and, forming a palm-sized pouch with it, took a small handful of the dark winged pointy-ear's ashes and placed it inside the pouch. He took a lace of leather and tied it off, then hung it around his neck, a talisman to remind him of his fallen clutchmate.

Tak'we rose, finished mourning for his friend now, and walked over to the remains of the dracolich, the bones piquing his interest. These bones would make great armor, he thought, running his claws along the skeleton. Deciding to make use of them, the thri'kreen began breaking pieces off and forming them into what would become a breastplate.

At the sound of clashing swords, the warrior looked up from his work and saw Tannin and Kento fighting, but did nothing to intervene; Rhaine had wanted nothing to do with this feud, and neither did he.

Kalin began to shake his head at first, not wanting any of the hoarded treasures; he had earned enough during his mercenary days to last him for a long time. But then again, the elan thought, there must be a church or orphanage in dire need of money for food and supplies. With that in mind, the soulknife followed the others and collected what must have been a lord's fortune and placed it inside his Bag of Holding.

Satisfied that it would be enough, Kalin began to leave when he felt a ripple of psychic energy pulse outwards. What in the Hells? He left to investigate and saw the half-drow and the samurai in a dueling, blades spinning almost impossibly fast. He felt another pulse of psionic power and for a moment saw the dead of his past flash in and out of his mind.

How powerful is Kento? he wondered, shielding his mind against the emanations, and continued watching the two fight.

Rhaine was not very interested in the piles of gold...only in that it could be used for bargaining and/or charity. She gathered a hefty amount of it into her Bag of Holding, fully intending to donate at least half to the temples in Shadowdale. Afterwards, she set her eyes on one of the many chests half-buried in the mountain of coin. She strode up to it, attempting to lift the lid. It must have been closed for many, many years, as it was not locked, but remained stuck tightly closed. The coin shifted beneath her as she pushed a little harder...

...and then the lid popped back with a loud crack. There, inside the small chest, was at least three dozen ingots of pure adamantine, the black metal shimmering with a green iridescence in the light of the torches. Glancing down at her tattered armor, the Doomguide smiled to herself. She would need a new suit, and this would suffice quite nicely. She closed the lid, picked up the chest and then slid it into the Bag of Holding along with the purses of gold.

She laughed lightly as Othos proudly took ten rings and golden armor pieces for himself. Beside the suit of golden armor were a few piles of clothing, and Rhaine bent to look through them. A single article caught her eye, and she pulled it forth to find it was a Nymph Cloak of moderate power. The floor-length, black crushed velvet cloak was lined with satin and clasped with an ebony brooch carved into the shape of a rose. The piece had seen some wear, but it was in startlingly good condition. The Doomguide took an instant liking to the cloak, and she decided it was a sufficient replacement for her old, tattered one.

Also near the armor were stacked several pairs of boots. Her own were getting terribly worn on the inside, and so she decided to look through the pairs to find one she liked. She settled on a dark brown pair, knee high, and stamped on the sole with the symbol of Shaundakul. Boots of Striding, then. The last time she had owned a pair of those was while she was still in Rashemen. It would be good to own a comfortable pair of shoes again.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Tannin found himself surrounded by a white mist. He looked around in a disappointed fashion before letting out a sigh. “He didn’t kill me already did he?”
A small pair of warm hands then wrapped around his stomach and a familiar tiny body pressed up against his back. “Close enough.” said the soft voice of what sounded like a young girl.
“Oh.” Tannin whispered as a small smile appeared on his face as enjoyed the embrace. He put his hand over hers. “Hey Ceri.”
“Hey Tan.” The halfling woman answered.
“Having fun watching me get torn apart?” He asked with a smirk.
“What cha get for going after them other girls.”
“I thought we established that that was allowed if one of us dies?”
Ceri laughed. “Why do you think I was always trying to get you killed?”
“That explains a lot. So what were you gonna do?” Tannin asked with a grin. “Bump me off and go after Kylan?”
Ceri snickered. “Well you know how I like them old guys.”
Tannin frowned. “Me and him are the same age you know.”
“Case in point.” She answered with a smile.
Not having a retort Tannin just smiled and enjoyed the closeness.

“So what are you doing?” She asked after a long period of silence.
“I dunno.” He answered. “Loosing?” He said with a shrug.
“Why?”
He thought for a moment. “Tired, Thinking that maybe, it’d be better if I just.. I dunno, let him win. Hells everyone else is dead so.. Why should I stick around?”
Ceri stayed quiet.
“What do you want me to do?” Tannin asked.
Her grip tightened around him. “We had a son.” She said through her teeth.
Tannin’s hand clenched around hers. He never found out what his child was going to be. They were unable to tell when they pulled it off from the tree.
“He killed.. Our son and you’re asking me what I want you to do?” She said in anger. “I want you to stop worrying, stop thinking about everything and just do what you do best.”
“That my best option?”
“Only if you wanna live.” She said.
Again there was a pause,
“Better hurry up.” Said Ceri. “You’re about to wake up.” And as if on cue the light began to dim.
“Alright” Tannin finally spoke. “I’ll get this over with.”
“Good.” Said Ceri. “And do me one more favor would you?”
“Anything.”
“Don’t come back here, not unless you’re gonna stay.” She said in a sad tone.
Tannin smirked. “No promises.”
Ceri chuckled. “Yeah.. Doubt you’d keep it anyways.”
----------------------------

Tannin woke after he hit the ground. Kento stood over him with his blade ready to be plunged into him yet again. And for a brief moment Tannin was tempted to let it happen, but then the Instinct kicked in and all of the emotions and thoughts were shoved aside and locked away, leaving only the urge and need to kill.
His body now moving faster than before and his thoughts unreadable the advantage slipped into his favor. Using Kento’s legs as a springboard he kicked off of them and rolled into a crouch, causing Kento to loose his balance for a moment, long enough for Tannin to retrieve Blackrazor and charge at the samurai.
Once again the flash and clanging of steel filled the air, but unlike last time Tannin now held the advantage. His speed doubled and strikes far more focused for every hit that Kento made against him, Tannin struck twice, His wounds and loss of blood seemingly having no effect on him at the moment.

With every blow Kento was getting slower and slower, whether it was from Blackrazor sapping his strength or from his wounds he wasn’t sure, But he knew he had to end with quickly. When the blades clashed again he fired a mental bolt at Blackrazor, knocking it out of Tannin’s blood grip. With him now defenseless Kento lunged forward with a stab aimed for Tannin’s heart.

What came next was a shock, Tannin had moved in a way that the blade pierced through his hand and was sticking out near his elbow. Quickly sliding his hand down the blade he grabbed the guard of the katana. And before Kento could react he jumped up and contorted his body was positioned behind Kento with his feet on the Kensei’s shoulder and kicked off, pulling his right arm out of it’s socket. With the arm dislocated Kento intended to mentally force it back into place but Tannin was too quick and managed top kick his legs out from under him, knocking him to the ground allowing Tannin to maneuver around Kentos right arm and snap it back at the elbow. Knowing that the arm was now effectively useless, Kento had no problem with his next move, once again firing a mental bolt at Tannin to push him back by several yards. When he did Tannin’s grip on the arm caused it to sever a few inches above the elbow and spiral off into the air with him.
When he hit the ground Tannin felt the blade pull out of his arm as Kento was pulling it to his remaining hand, but switching his grip so that he held the hilt he was dragged along with it, and once again Tannin’s feet slammed against Kento, this time square in his jaw. As Kento reared back from the blow Tannin used the katana to cut down at Kento’s leg, slicing clean through it and dropping the Kensei to the ground. Quickly scrambling across Kento’s body, Tannin brought the katana down into his throat and quickly brought it across, slicing half-way through it.

Dying by both blood loss and choking on it Kento’s remaining arm raised up to grab Tannin's but suddenly stopped. The hand stopped inches away from Tannin and remained raised grasping at the air. It began to slowly lower as the hand was still opening and closing, and on Kento’s face something was slowly spreading, and in his final moments as his eyes closed, Kento smiled.

With his opponent dead Tannin’s mind became clear again, and he leaned forward and tapped his forehead against Kento’s and stood up. But with as much blood as he had lost he didn’t stay up for long, He took three steps then stumbled to the ground. He then rolled over onto his back and looked down at his bloody stomach. “Oh yeah…. There is a hole in me isn’t there?” He said before he began to work on healing what little he could, hoping that the others would come out soon and heal him.

Nawen noticed Tannin leaving but decided not to follow him. Moments later she heard fighting. So it seems that they've found each other. She wanted to go there but why she did not know. It wasn't her place to stop them. The only thing she could do was to listen. With the battle, the cultists lair was quiet and she could hear pretty much everything.

She was searching around the main hall for anything they would not like to leave behind when it grew quiet. She could not hear fighting anymore. "This is not good." The drow thought and ran towards the hall where Kento and Tannin fought just moments ago.

When Nawen reached the sight of the duel Kento was already dead. She didn't have to take a closer look at the man to see that. And then she saw Tannin. There was blood everywhere.

Quickly, she ran towards the half-drow and knelt beside him. The first thing she noticed was the injury on his stomach. She knew that she lack resources to heal that wound and hoped that the magic of others will heal it. She pulled some bandages out of her Bag of Holding and pressed it on the cut across Tannin's stomach. The least she could do was to prevent the further bleeding until others would come.

"I need some help here!" She yelled loudly before starting healing smaller cuts and slashes with the other hand.

======================================================================================

"I wouldn't be walking if I could fly with them." Aedan replied as he stood still while Sefris examined his wings. Moments later some little creature that looked like an imp appeared and told the Fey'ri that the witch was looking for her.

"Why not? It's not like a have anything very important to do." He answered Sefris's question.

Hearing Nawen's plea for help, Xallistine rushed from the chamber and headed out into the main area. Seeing the bloody body of Kento, and a bleeding out Tannin, he briskly made his way over and set about casting a few healing spells. While he wasn't a master of the Healing arts, the Ulitharid did know a thing or two, at least to get him by. Still, he imagined the expertise of Amendale would come in helpful here.

----------

Gheni jumped back into the air making a strange sound, his large wings flapping elegantly he called as he began down the path. "Follow! Follow! Quick!" His wings flapped and he pushed his way through the brush, gesturing wildly for the couple to follow him. The Journey was not particularly long on foot, half an hour perhaps, until the foreboding structure of the church came into view. Pointing at it he shouted.

"There! There!" His wings propelled him upwards and he flew high over the bell tower, disappearing beyond through the roof, soaring back down to his mistress, she caught him with an extended arm, and placed him on the floor next to her. "Good boy Gheni... It will be amusing to see her again."