Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Nawen found an empty seat at the table not too far from the fireplace. She was cold and hungry. The drow ordered food for everyone and silently ate hers. She glanced at Tannin curiously waiting for him to share his tale now that Rhaine left him no other option. Other than leaving that is.

========================================================

Aedan listened to the conversation between Ravenna and Sefris with a frown on his face. "Foolish woman." He thought.

"She sucked out some of your youth, yet you still agree to follow her?" He interfered. "No revenge or anything?"

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I never bite off more than I can chew - and trying to achieve a revenge on a devil would be such a thing." the fey'ri added to Aedan seriously; it's not like she was delighted to serve Ravenna or anything, but it was currently the best option available. "Staying alive for as long as I have is because I don't take on foes I cannot handle - you have to play smart sometimes when more than half of Faerun would love to see you dead." Being half-demon tends to bring you such popularity. And every edge you can gain should be yours to take.

"When do we start?" the sorceress asked with a slight smirk, turning to Ravenna again. Eternity? Yes, please. There was no price too high for the woman to pay for such a thing.

After listening to Rhaine, Tannin let out a small laugh. "Not trusting me's the smartest thing you've done since we've met. But I suppose you deserve to hear my reasons." He turned and looked into the fire a moment before speaking. "I'm not really that much of a good guy. I've done.. a lot of wrong. Killed people, smuggled people, sold people... And never felt a twinge of guilt about it. I made a lot of bad choices, Got a lot of people I care about hurt. People like Kenny. Over the years I've been trying to make amends but... That hasn't been going too well. We tried to be the kind of people that do the right hing before it happened but.. Still. Call it judgment orr.. Retribution or whatever you want to call it, but that's what some of us thought he was doing, punishing us for our wrong doings. Thought that he had just..snapped."

He gave a small chuckle before looking back to Rhaine.

"Would have been better if he had. Kento Ikeda... died about twenty years ago. Died on a boat hiding under a table from something that no being mortal or immortal should Ever... see. It corrupted everything it touch, You would just wither away in seconds, if it didn't drive you insane just by looking at it. But not our friend Ikeda nooo.. It had other plans, Kenny never had a family, never needed one. But that thing that took his body? It was like a plague, only thing it wants is to spread and destroy and it was very good at it. Killed most all of the people I cared about, left me alive cause.. heh.. I rejected it's offer. And so.... I went to where it was holed up... and once again spat in its face, attempted to destroy all of it's host.... and failed. Of course that's not the Entire story but it works for now. Gave you most of the facts from my perspective at least."

Looking at Blackrazor he made a motion to it with his head. "Ask it if you don't believe me, it'll remember."

--------------------------

Azuris looked at Weyland like he was an annoying child. "Suuure, cause going into the underdark again with a hangover is the surest sign of intelligence. So go ahead and drink till you pass out, You're gonna looove riding and loading, then unloading the wagons."

Rhaine's brow furrowed. There was nothing about Tannin's body language to suggest he was lying. Then again, he had praised her for learning not to trust him - which generally wasn't a good thing, from her experience...

"So you are saying that Kento wasn't really Kento...but some sort of parasite? And it sought you out to take revenge on you for killing part of it while it was disguised as a family? An entire community?"

She shook her head as if to clear it, "Gods, I had enough of parasites years ago."

The Doomguide, too, stared into the fire a long while, sighing heavily. After a few moments, she added, "Perhaps it is best that you killed Kento, then. If what you say is true, then you gave him rest at last. That I can respect."

Rhaine then glanced down at Blackrazor...a perfect little metal spider sitting on the floor. Out of curiosity, she reached forward and touched it gently with one forefinger.

"I call it extra challenge. Up the ante, extra danger and excitement when fighting hung over. Hells, that's the fastest cure for one! The threat of imminent death is enough to cure any ailment!" Weyland exclaimed. "But chicken out if you want, I'm still drinking beer." With that, he finished off what was left of his tankard and ordered another one.

Tannin's discussion on parasites interested Amendale. "I have not heard much of such creatures, do they really possess such incredible power? We should know how to combat one if it is required."

Arland shot a comment at him. "If it's as powerful as he says, Moon Elf, we won't stand a chance."

Amendale was unfazed. "Rhaine says she has had enough of these creatures, meaning she has survived an encounter with one. Perhaps not as omnipotent as you may think."

"Whatever, it'll still take half of us out." Arland waved his hand dismissively and turned back to his own drink.

Othos was sitting with his feet up on the table while reading the book he had picked up in the treasure room, intermittently he took a drink from his mug that he set down on the table to avoid spilling it.

Hearing Tannin's recollection of what he had done, or more specifically the part where he had said that he had sold people, he shut is book and set it on the table before turning around to voice his opinion.

"You sold people?! The murder I can take, but there is no reason you could come up with to make slavery anything but the worst of offenses," he then turned from Tannin to Rhaine, "I don't trust him, and I don't think you should let him stay. This man is no hero, and he deserves no forgiveness."

Kowolj had been wandering outside for a while after they arrived outside the inn, taking in nature and whatnot. He finally decided to come in and moved his way over to the bar, his feline paws masking the noise his large frame should've made. He sat down next to Weyland and Azuris, moving a few stools out of the way first since he had to sit on the floor or risk breaking something.

"Hey! Someone get me four pounds of your best meat cuts, raw. Also, I'll take some drinks, plural. Two mugs of what these little guys or having. Also, hooorry! I'm starving over here!"

Tannin chuckled. "A parasite... Well.. If this... Parasite ever shows up here... I'd suggest leaving the planet if possible. Course by then it might be too late." He suddenly slammed his hand onto Blackrazor as Rhaine touched it and pulled it away from her.

"Wouldn't advise that, He's not very friendly." He said with an apologetic smile as the blade seemed to be squirming him his grip.

He then looked up at Othos with a smirk. "Apparently you missed the part where I said that I wasn't a good guy. But if it makes you feel better the pasha that I sold to knew the importance of treating your servants with respect. And trust me, living indoors with good food and clothes is much better than what I had originally planned for most of them."

-----------

Azuris sighed at Weylands hand waving of him being hungover tomorrow. "I call it being stupid." He muttered under his breath.

Rhaine sighed again, glancing to the rest of her companions and raising her voice so that she could be heard, "What do the rest of you think? You've heard his story...what say you? Should Tannin have a second chance to come with us, or not?"

"To the hells with him." Weyland answered Rhaine's question. "Sold slaves and he killed people, if he didn't still after he joined us. I'd personally opt to kill him, let alone send him on his way."

"Interesting opinion, considering you don't seem to have a problem with me." Arland told him.

"Believe me, I do." Amendale said, no malice in his voice, but an evident coldness.

"You don't sell slaves." Weyland defended. "And you hear that bit about the servants winding up better than he was planning? What exactly was he planning?"

"If you're that worried about it, sending him off on his own to do as he pleases WITHOUT Rhaine around to kick his ass is about the worst thing we can do."

"That sounded almost smart, Arland. Maybe you ARE learning from your elders." Weyland teased. "But my point stands."

"Let him live, perhaps he can do some good." Amendale interjected calmly.

"If he stays around too long, then between me, Othos, and Tak'We, he'll be dead by the end of the week. Sure, he can take me or Othos, but one backhand from Tak'We and he's off on an express trip to the moon."

"That would be interesting to see." Arland commented.

Nawen was looking down at the empty glass in front of her when Rhaine asked for opinions. She listened closely to Tannin's tale. He really did some horrible things in the past but unlike some things, slavery had no excuse yet strangely enough Nawen felt... indifferent.

She glanced at the half-drow and for a minute or two stared at him without saying a word. She wasn't sure how differently Tannin felt about the things he had done now but she hoped that he at least had some decency in him to regret it.

"If he wishes to right some of his wrongs, here's his chance." The drow finally said.

=================================================================

Aedan stared at Sefris like she was talking in an alien language no one could possibly understand. Half of Faerun, if not more wants him dead and felt this way for years. It was more than likely that the Fallen had broken all existing laws of all cultures yet he is alive and well.

"The Doomguide and her gang are foes we cannot handle," He said and looked at both Ravenna and Sefris "but I'm sure that our paths will cross again and again."

Aedan still remembered how Rhaine sent the witch to the Nine Hells. He could not believe how one such as she was capable of such things. And unlike Ravenna he lacked the patience to deal with devils and demons.

He then looked directly at the witch. "There was a reason why I joined you but look how our pointless adventure ended. You got power and influence and I got jack squat."