Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Sefris smiled at the sight of the pretty little thing, feeling something inside of her stirr once again - it wasn't in pain this time, it was excitement. The woman's eyes gave away her fear of the half-demoness, not knowing what is about to happen to her; which only made it much more interesting for the sorceress.

"Such a pretty little thing, indeed.....not for long, I'm afraid." The fey'ri added with a smirk, grabbing the woman's throat as she raised her up, her feet not touching the ground as she tried kicking them up and down.

Bringing the woman's face closer to hers, Sefris could feel that hunger, the stirring inside of her, growing even more and more anxious. She need not think about what to do as her mouth opened reflexively, starting to drain the woman's beauty. She had no direct influence at the hunger since it was her first time except for stopping it by closing her mouth, but why would she want to cease it? The feeling was exquisite, sending shivers of pleasure down her spine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The planetouched looked over her shoulder at the man who had approached her without her noticing it, accompanied with the slightest breeze of light, sweet smell. Her nature could be discovered the moment she moved since it produced such a reaction.

"Oh, hello. Didn't see you there." The genasi said with a light smile, glancing at the man's wolf for a moment. "Such a beautiful creature!" she added excitedly, turning to the pair while still sitting on the ground to get a better look at the wolf. Heh, his eyes even matched the man's. But wait, didn't he ask her something?

"You mean this? Naaah, it's an old cut, trying to practice healing rather than trying to stop some grave bleeding. Because...there isn't any." She turned her palm towards the newcomer to show him what she meant.

Caw! Avira intruded at the pair, jumping up and down on the pillar she was sitting on at the sight of the wolf.

"Avira, manners!" Anemone warned the raven who didn't seen to pay much attention to the planetouched, calming down after a few second. She was far away enough from the wolf, after all.

"La'Niebelleta Anemone Siale, nice to meet you." The genasi added with another smile, reaching out her hand for the man to shake if he cared to. "But...you know, you can simply call me Ane or Nie or...anything shorter than that." Her mother was a bit eccentirc when it came to giving her a name.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ianthe cradled her three gold coins and made her way toward the fresh fruit being sold near the outside of the inn.

"So that's what she wanted." Reona mused, taking a few handfuls of gold and putting them into the pockets of her adventuring trousers, as her dress was back on her camel, wherever it was now.

Arva took a handful of gold, his massive hands managing to take enough gold to match the three handfuls Reona had taken. He then rushed out after Ianthe, afraid she'd end up lost somehow if someone wasn't with her.

"I guess that leaves you and I together again." Alphonse muttered, clapping a hand over Reona's shoulder.

Feeling playful, the moon elf gave a sly smile and hopped onto Alphonse's back, "Onward!"

Alphonse swayed and then gave a sheepish goodbye wave to Rhaine as he ducked through the doorway with Reona on his back.

William sat at his table, stroking his long beard. After a few moments of deliberation, he stood up and then pushed his chair in behind himself. "I'm going to go look at what kinds of domestic cats are native to this area."

Othos thanked the dwarf for his time and followed Rhaine out of the smithy. But after exiting he parted ways with her and headed back to the inn to see if the situation with Kowolj was handled.

Othos arrived to find what could only be the screaming woman sitting right outside the inn holding her legs in her arms and muttering something about how she'll never get any sleep. The only thing Othos had to ask was, "Which room?" To which she didn't reply. It took a few minutes but Othos eventually found the room with a large wemic occupying the bed and a dead pig hanging out of the window. The bottles and mugs strewn across the floor told the story of what had happened the night prior, and it was a story filled with alcoholic beverages and poisonous cocktails. Othos gave Kowolj a few light slaps on the face to see if he might react. When he didn't Othos was unsure of how serious the situation was, with the seriousness increasing with every failed attempt at waking his friend.

Othos walked back down to the bar to see if any of his companions with healing knowledge was available. The first person he found was Nawen so Othos asked the drow if she could help out.

"Hey Nawen! Looks like Kowolj had a rough night, I was wondering if you could come check him out? I'm pretty sure he drank some sort of poison, along with the alcohol, and I can't seem to wake him up."

Shalena smiled. "I think we should go right now." The pirate shot a quick glance at her friend. "If you're up to it." She wasn't sure if it's a good idea to bring a drunk tiefling and that she should wait until Lyria was sober enough but then again she fought drunk much more often than she'd like to admit.

===================================================================

Nawen was thinking what to do next when Othos approached her. "Of course." She nodded and went to the room where Kowolj was sleeping. She saw a woman running outside and screaming something about a beast but paid little attention to it.

She entered the room and looked around. "How... nice." She said as she spotted the dead pig hanging out of the window. "I hope he won't throw me out of the window if he suddenly wakes up." Nawen said as she slowly approached the bed where Kowolj was sleeping.

Lyria stood with a bit of a wobble, giving Shalena a casual hand wave.

"Of coursh I'm up to it," she slurred, "Let'sh go teach 'em what for."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhaine simply shook her head and sat down near Xallistine, taking Kalin's map from her pack and spreading it out on the table.

"Xallistine, can you help me decipher some of these symbols? Kalin said that you might be able to help," the Doomguide looked over the parchment, eyeing the various glyphs that dotted Faerun, "These look to be arcane draconic."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conall removed his gauntlet and shook the woman's hand firmly, "A pleasure...Ane. You have quite the name."

The wolf suddenly growled at the crow - presumably Ane's pet - which caused Conall to scold him, "Fenrir! Behave yourself."

The wolf immediately lay on his belly without a sound.

Putting his gauntlet back on, the man continued, "Sorry about that. Meet Fenrir. Been my companion ever since we both were young. He's rather defensive of me."

Xallistine nodded as Rhaine set the map down and rubbed his claws hands together eagerly "Of course my lady, what a joy this is. I do so enjoy discovering ancient secrets..." Taking his magnifying monocle from his satchel, Xallistine fasted the strap around his head and fiddled with the lens for a minute, getting it just right.

"Hmm, Ancient Draconic indeed, These symbols are made up of smaller text, so fine is this I cannot imagine the creature that penned it... Here, this one reads: A fragment of draconic might locked deep beneath the spire, dead wings await the soul of he who has nine lives." Xallistine stroked a tentacle for a moment contemplating the exact message, but it was clear enough. "I believe this may be a map showing the resting places of Valthanarax's other bodies, and hopefully his Phylacteries. But so far stretched out are these points... there is no pattern whatsoever, it is like he randomly chose locations miles from civilization and moons apart. But it appears there are more than nine marks on this map... and Valthanarax only has nine phylacteries. I shall have to decipher which of these are false and which are real, was their no tablet to accompany the map? For there is no key present on this parchment, unless hidden."

-----

Ravenna's mouth upturned in sadistic amusement as she watched with thirsty eyes as Sefris slowly absorbed the youth from the young adventuress she held by the throat. Every inch of her soft skin and youthful complexion was stripped away and transferred over the the Fey'ri, each second that passed more and more of the girl's face weathered away, bags appeared bellow her eyes, deep wrinkles encompassed her until there was a horrifying husk of the young woman left, gaunt, empty, and soon to be dead.

"Bravo, Sefris. I must say it was delightful to witness my art in practice... Do you feel it? That warm rush that flows through you? Sends shivers down your spine and stimulates your every sense? Is it not beyond any mortal pleasure? It is what kept me going on for all these years... that feeling, so sublime. I did anything for that divine rush, and so shall you."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Reona rested her chin on Alphonse's shoulder as he carried her on his back. "Do you think we should go to the stables or something?"

"I guess we should. We have the most money on us, after all." The tall half elf located a sign nearby pointing him toward the stables and, naturally, made his way toward them, the four-foot, nine-inch elf still clinging to his shoulders.

As they approached the fence of the stable's yard, Alphonse was taken aback and dropped Reona by accident, being pulled backward by her scrabbling at his back as she fell. He toppled over, landing next to her rather than crushing her, thank the gods.

Inside the stable's yard stood four camels, all of them packed with gear which looked awfully familiar.

Meanwhile, Arva chased Ianthe around the marketplace, as her three gold pieces went a very long way when all she visited was sweet vendors.

Edited by tokyobleach

'Useless..' Nym Amalith whispered to himself as he closed yet another tome and added it to the growing collection of other useless items. He reclined back in his chair and regarded the room he found himself in: it was a rather beautiful library in the process of being restored to its former glory; a library in the fabled kingdom of Myth Drannor, the empire of the Tel'Quessir, or Elves as the less educated and, ultimately, ignorant folk would call his kind. Truly, it was, or once was, a very grande library; a large, circular room of multi-hued marble with book cases filled to the brim with many different tomes concerning just about anything a visitor could hope for. Well, almost anything.

Soft light filtered down from the crystal dome that topped to room onto Nym's empty lap, was it reminding him that he needed to continue his search? Was Corellon himself reminding him? Nevertheless, it encourage Nym to begin his search anew. He stood up from the chair and began picking up the tomes he had perused to put them back on their respective shelves. With much exhaustion, as it had been at least five days, five nigh full days, of endless research, Nym carefully put the tomes back in their place.

After he replaced the tomes on the shelves, Nym approached an elderly Silver Elf. The Elf was scribing away at his desk and seemed to be unaware of much around him. Nym narrowed his eyes at having to deal with such a...lesser...race of Elf, but it had to be done. Perhaps it was yet another sign, some sort of test, maybe, as ridiculous as it may have seemed. Nym cleared his throat 'Excuse me,' he said coldly to the oblivious scribe.

'Hm? Oh, yes, Lord Amalith, yes?' He asked in an aging voice. This Silver Elf was old, that was apparent. He may not have shown it much physically, save for his lanky frame and build, but his eyes held much depth to them.

Nym clasped his hands behind his back, ready to get to a point so that he may leave this Gray Elf's presence 'It appears that I have come up empty handed, once again. The tomes that you suggested for me today contained not one bit of information on the locations of Vyshaanti or Syluvanedenn ruins, but just on architecture. Ones that I have read thoroughly before.' Nym hoped he laced that with enough subtle ice to make the old Gray Elf think twice about what he had just heard.

It seemed to have the effect as the Elf blinked rapidly and cleared his voice 'I apologize, Master Amalith. I was very certain that the sources I directed you towards contained appropriate information. Surely you must have found something other than just descriptions in all nine tomes, did you not?' He asked, genuinely concerned that his knowledge of the library could be failing.

Nym set his jaw and began explaining: 'There were two other tomes that gave cursory information on three ruins, two of Siluvanede, one of Aryvandaar. However, the location of these ruins was only hinted at, but not given fully. Their appearance, however, was inscribed with much detail. While that could be a boon to someone who knows where these ruins are, it remains useless for those who do not.'

Seemingly defeated, the Moon Elf put his hands in his lap and bowed his head slightly, promising to find Nym better lore regarding these two ruins. He had inquired the names of these ruins and Nym had given them freely, hoping that it might jog the memory of the old Elf. It seemed to do just that when Nym saw the Elf's eyes grow darker and immediately set about to consulting his various catalogs. 'You wouldn't happen to have any lore regarding Myth Adofhaer, would you?' Nym called after the departing Elf.

The Elf turned aroud and raised an eyebrow at Nym, curious. 'What would a young Elf such as yourself know about Myth Adofhaer?'

'Are you implying that I am ignorant? Perhaps you have spent too much time amongst the N-Tel'Quess and have forgotten the intelligence of the People. ' Nym growled.

'No, no, no... not at all. I...I am just surprised, is all. Not even some of your seniors know about it, including myself.'

'Well it seems my time is done here, then,' Nym began to pick up his cloak and make his way for the front doors when the Silver Elf called out to him.

'I can search for that too, if you would like?'

Nym waved him by as he continued to walk out of the doors 'That would be excellent. I would like to have a new reading selection by the time I come back tomorrow morning.' And with that, Nym stormed the dusky streets on Myth Drannor, ready to relax with some good wine.

Sefris let the husk left of the woman fall on the ground, her eyes closed for a minute in satisfaction. It was, indeed, like nothing she's ever done, felt and tasted before. Was this feeling even possible? So much intensity sent shivers of pleasure down her spine, passing each part of her body and every nerve.

"Incredible. There's no feeling that can even close describe this." they fey'ri said once she opened her eyes, looking at the witch with a geniune smile. Such a feeling almost left her speechless.

-------------------

"I don't mind." the genasi said after the newcomer scolded his companion, glancing shortly at Avira. "She can be...uncomfortable at times, at least."

The raven cawed as if to confirm Ane's statement, flying away from the wolf for one pillar. Four-legs never seemed to like her very much.

Meanwhile, the genasi put her palms on the ground, looking at the wolf laying down. Ane was a great animal-lover and such an animal was simply beautiful. She bet his fur was also very warm and soft to the touch, but she dared not try in case the wolf saw her movement as a hostile one. For now, she was content with simply watching him.

"Avira's a grumpy one, she's been following me since I heale her a few years ago...still, grumpy company is better than no company at all." The planetouched smiled softly at the raven that only cawed when one wouly pay any attention to her. Still, Ane was certain the raven was fond of her in her own way.

"If you don't mind me asking - what brings you here? Hiking's not really popular, or so I've been told."

Edited by Alaylyne

Rhaine shook her head, "There was nothing but this map, I'm afraid."

She skimmed over the parchment again, astonished at the distance between each of the markings. There were symbols as far away as Aglarond and the Shaar.

"So," the Doomguide said after a few moments, "We have to find out which ones are real and which are the decoys. That could prove to be a problem..."

They certainly didn't want to waste time journeying all the way across the continent only to find an empty shell. It took months - even years, if conditions were poor - to get from one end of Faerun to the other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conall gave Ane a wry smile, "Just paying respects to the god of travelers, as I'm sure you are, as well. Shaundakul is not my patron, but I would like to think he helps speed my steps. I am a ranger and paladin of Selune, you see...and I guard several of the Moonmaiden's shrines in this wilderness. My duties require that I move often, and so Shaundakul is as much in my prayers as the goddess."

Fenrir's tail began to wag, and he looked up at the genasi curiously.

His master grinned, "Go ahead...you can pet him."