Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Byron walked back to Caladus. The drow slavers were more important. He Shoved his bag, and hammer Voltair, into Caladus's arms. He pulled off two pouches, and removed his utility belt, placing this on top of the bag. Opening the pouchs, he reveals a firelight charm, and his jar of number 4. "It has been nice tae know yeh. RUN!" He runs alone into the tunnel, in which the 20 slavers were creeping up. Crushing the Firelight gem into the jar of number 4, he closed his eyes, and a massive explosion caused the tunnel with the ambush in it to collapse, burying him and the slavers.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine heard the explosion and whirled, Touch of Death coming into her hands, "What in the Nine Hells...?"

And she caught a glimpse of Byron's form as the blast lit up a tunnel and brought it down on top of him.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Norgold had absolutely no idea what was going on. All he heard was a drow slaver party, and he saw Hazel step in front of him, he grabbed her shoulder to support himself in case they needed to move fast. However, after he saw the big explosion, he peeked over Hazel's shoulder, "What was that?!" Norgold said frantically.

Hazel looked away and closed her eyes. It bothered her to lose a friend, but now, here, wasn't the place to show it. "It was Byron. He collapsed the tunnel and sacrificed himself so we could get away from the slavers."

Ianthe's mouth opened, and she let out a soft gasp as tears filled her eyes and ran down her cheeks. Her scimitars fell from her loosened grip onto the ground at her feet. She'd never seen a friend die before, and it hurt her heart to know Byron didn't go peacefully. She dropped to her knees, picked up her swords, sheathed them, then stood back up, hunched over as she hid her tears behind her hair.

Edited by tokyobleach

Norgold stepped out behind Hazel, he looked at the now collapsed tunnel. He felt saddened for Byron, if only he didn't fall off that cliff, they could have already been at Xallistine's lair... "Let's have a moment for Byron..." Norgold said softly, as he lowered his head.

Rhaine, too, bowed her head, reciting the Passing as she always did when someone died. Only, this time, she recited it in Dwarvish.

As Caladus bowed his head, to remember his lost friend, tears ran freely from his eyes. And then he saw the small note tied to Voltair. He opened it and read in his head the following words. "Dear Caladus, mine olde friend. I leave you with mine last requestes. First, Mine hammer, Voltair now belongs to the Dwarf Norgold. It is a Dwarven Hammer, and must be wielded by a dwarf. Seconde, mine amulets. Distribute them amonge thee party, for they are more help to them nowe. Thirde, mine alchemy equipments and potions are for you, as is mine everlasting bag of gold. Forthe, mine explosives are to be disposed of, and ne'er used again. The next bit was more recent. Ande Finally, give the contents of thee green pouch to Nawen, thee blacke pouch to Rhaine, The white one to Ianthe, and thee purple pouch to Hazel, with mine affections. IT was nice to know you all. Byron Thunderbeard, Son of Korgan Bloodaxe, and Mazzy Fentan." Caladus walked over to Norgold, and passed him Voltair., and gave the purple pouch, to Hazel, the black pouch to Rhaine, the green pouch (containing a ring that increases her running speed, and allows her to turn invisible once per day) to Nawen, and the white one to Ianthe. Edited by BaldurAnthology

Hazel looked at the pouch, then looked at Caladus. She opened it and wiped at her eyes as sap-like tears flowed down her cheeks. Inside, there was a spoon of pure silver, and another of pure gold. She looked back up at Caladus when he was finished handing everyone their things and embraced him, "I don't know what to say... So I shall just give you a shoulder to weep upon. I think Byron would have wanted it to be that way." She began to cry as well.

Ianthe looked up, her cheeks stained from tears, as she took her pouch from Caladus. It was as if her tears had run out. She looked back over at the two girls who had been hiding and drew her swords, "Did you send that slaving party?"

Edited by tokyobleach

Norgold held the hammer, and looked at the engravings. "That crazy dwarf..." Norgold thought to himself. He heard Ianthe and glanced at the two demons, he grabbed the shield from Hazel, and put it on his left arm. Norgold looked at Rhaine, waiting for her to speak. Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Rhaine opened the pouch, and inside, folded very neatly, was a black spidersilk cloak. She unfolded it and let it tumble open. There was a powerful enchantment upon it...an invisibility charm, a fire shield, and a safeguard against poison. Judging from the silvery runes on the edges, it once belonged to a Drow Handmaiden of Lolth.

The Doomguide was just about to sadly put it on when she saw the two demon women - a tiefling and a succubus. She held her weapon at the ready, "Stay back, Tanar'ri. Identify yourselves."