Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Nawen marveled at the beauty of Myth Drannor. It had not yet fully recovered but there were still many beautiful things that caught her eye. She was well aware that her kind are not welcome in the city, so to prevent any possible... inconveniences concerning her race she made sure to hide her skin as much as she could.

By the time she realized someone was being attacked it was already too late to help him and by the looks of it everything was taken care of. "I hope we won't stay here for long." She thought as she looked at the others. It was quite obvious that it is foolish to expect a warm welcome in this place.

=======================================

"Nice work, Aaren." The halfling pirate said as she stared daggers at the pirate from Luskan, the one who triggered the trap. The Luskanite simply shrugged.

"Alright alright, enough." Shalena spoke as she picked the lock to the basement door. "Everyone, head to the basement!" She said as she made her way downstairs.

The basement looked just as abandoned as the rest of the house. Darker too. After blindly searching around she found several unlit torches. She ordered one of the twins to lit the torches. Luckily no traps were triggered. Not yet.

While the four pirates searched for any hidden levers Shalena looked around the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until she approached a bunch of crates piled on top of each other. "I can feel a slight breeze coming from the other side." The redhead pirate pushed one of the crates and saw that the crates concealed a door.

"Move those crates out of the way." She commanded.

After all the crates were removed, Shalena turned the knob. Much to her surprise and suspicion the door was unlocked. Carefully she pushed the door open and peeked inside. "Great. Sewers." She mumbled before glancing at Lyria and the four pirates.

"Alright. I suspect that they are waiting for us, so be on your guard." She took one of the lit torches and walked through the door. "And try not to trigger any more traps." She added.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well then, just behead the man." Arland commented. "He deserves it."

"Funny you of all people say that..." Weyland muttered incomprehensibly under his breath. "Going to have to agree, I suppose." He winced when the crunch of the bandit's windpipe being crushed reached his ears. "Oof, ouch. Not a good way to go."

"Too bad we couldn't let him try to perform some good before he died." Amendale said somberly.

"You're too damned merciful, A." Weyland responded, voice somewhat softer than the usual gruff grunting.

"The world needs more people who can stay their blades. Perhaps sparing a foe once in a while isn't such a bad thing...especially if you can persuade them to help."

"I'm too lazy right now for a moral debate." Both Grey brothers said at once.

"You two are like lizards. Basking in the sun all day if you have a choice."

"Proud of it." Arland responded with a smile.

Lyria shoved one of the pirates aside to move ahead of them, "That means I go first, you morons." The tiefling then began scanning the floor and walls alongside Shalena, her pink eyes glowing in the dark. Even as she waded into about a foot of water where the corridor panned out into a sewer tunnel, her footsteps made no sound.

Suddenly, she made a slight noise that vaguely resembled an "Aha!" There was a small pressure plate buried between two cobblestones in the floor. Hurrying ahead, she took a few seconds to disable the pressure plate before holding it aloft for the others to see.

"Bet there's more where that came from."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Conall and one of the werewolves roared at each other, their savage snarls filled with hatred. The two charged, biting and clawing each other...fur flying. Fenrir still hung on to the back of another, his jaws clenched around the back of its throat. The white werewolf could see that Ane was in the thick of it as well, trying to take a bit of the heat off of him. With a loud crack, a forceful slap from Conall's paw broke the neck of his opponent, and he sent the corpse of the black lycan sailing into the brush.

His respite was short-lived, as a third werewolf jumped him from behind, and the pair tumbled about in a mass of fur and teeth. Two other werewolves still occupied Ane and her shadow, though one of them was bleeding profusely from her knives.

Seeing the grand city invoked memories of his dream, or rather his vision of Shaundakul. He had finally arrived, and now all that was left was to find the temple. He stood admiring the city and thinking of the task at hand when Rhaine asked for the location of the temple, drawing his attention to her and then the woman behind her. The pile of ashes suggested he had just missed something, but it didn't really matter to him.

"If I'm correct it should be a short distance from here. Possibly atop a hill or something of the sort. Truthfully I have no idea, though I doubt we'll get the chance to ask anyone around here." Othos spoke in a rather distant tone, wrapped in thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vision Haxxon was given of his people being torn to shreds actually made the orc laugh quite loudly, for the first time in a long time.

"Your threats are unnecessary devil, I accept your patronage. I would like to see my hordes take back this land, and more. Just what did you have in mind?"

Seraphine thought of the travellers she had just met as she pushed her way through foliage and vines, making good progress through the forest she was wrapped in extreme thought, about where her mission would lead her next, whether or not she was following a ghost, if her remaining child had infact cleverly avoided the justice of his mother...

... This was interrupted, however, as the body of a hulking black beast came hurling towards her, landing face down with a large smack infront of her. Turning the creature over onto it's back with her foot she recognized the monster as a werewolf, and considering the fresh wounds, it hadn't magically dropped from the sky.

Rushing forward and pushing into the clearing, she came across a bizarre sight- There before her was a werewolf, white as snow, rolling around on the floor with fur flying and blood dripping as it fought off another black werewolf, and effortlessly dodging the attacks of two more was what appeared to be a Genasi.

Seeing the werewolf writhing about on the floor troubled her, and it was the duty of a Justiciar to help those in need.

From her hand she charged a crackling ball of light energy and sent it hurling towards the black-furred werewolf.

----

Ravenna smiled, seeing that he was a creature of reason. She would need not put him in his place, he seemed to genuinely desire the assistance someone of Ravenna's stature could bestow.

"I was half expecting a need to forcefully garner your cooperation... my my, what a strange specimen of your kind you are, Hakkon, and I mean that respectfully. My plan is to give you the resources you require to rebuild your city and build an army... I am a witch of dark proportions, so many things are possible... and my master is generous in what he can... bestow upon me, should his will be spread... if you understand my meaning?"

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Rhaine nodded, beginning to head around the outskirts of the city. There was a slight, strange pull in her steps that was getting a little stronger with each stride. With a startling revelation, she remembered that her boots were emblazoned with the symbol of Shaundakul...and they were now leading her towards his shrine.

Just as Othos described, the shrine was atop a small hill within sight of Myth Drannor, made of a fairly simple and relatively unassuming pile of rocks - some of them hollowed out so that the wind could blow easily through them. The tugging sensation in her boots stopped, and the Doomguide gestured to the shrine.

"Well, that was...interesting, to say the least," Rhaine remarked, "We'll wait a bit for you to finish your business here, Othos. Go ahead and pray if you like."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sudden blast of magic rippled through the air and slammed into Conall's assailant, sending the dark werewolf sailing off of him, howling in agony. The white lycan glanced up to see a very strange woman abruptly joining the fray. Grateful for her assistance but unable to voice it, Conall simply dove after his opponent, ending its life with a swift clamp of the jaws to its throat.

Dropping the dark lycan, Conall briefly looked around. Ane was still very much in danger, and the one whom Conall knew as Raidan...the one badly injured by Ane's daggers...had suddenly disappeared into the forest. That left one still harassing the genasi and one that had yet to scrape Fenrir from his back. Conall focused on the latter, claws raking into the lycan's flesh as he charged it from the side. Fenrir, sensing his master had things under control now, jumped from the werewolf's back and landed close to the strange woman.

Othos followed Rhaine to the shrine, and upon seeing it he immediately felt drawn to the top. When he reached the top the whistling sound produced by the stones gave him a great sense of calm coupled with an urge to kneel and pray to the god of travels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haxxon looked at Ravenna a moment before answering, "I'm pretty sure I get your meaning. What I want are some fiends to make a nice tanarukk horde. I always wanted some tanarukks..."

Edited by nethgros

Sefris stood next to Ravenna and let the witch deal with the orc, looking quite bored. She still thought of them as filthy creatures unworthy of her attention, and that much was obvious from her attitude. The fey'ri, however, pulled in her wings, deeming it unecessary for them to be out.

Tsk. Hopefully the get to kill something soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anemone was surprised to see the werewolf who had called Conall by his name run away - but then again, he was probablly smart enough to live another day. So that left just one werewolf.

The genasi was surprised to see the odd woman appear, but grateful since she seemed to be on their side. Her shadow disappeared, having taken much damage, leaving the shadowdancer with her opponent. It was the way she prefered it - one on one.

Until then, she avoided any direct contact to avoid damage since they were outnumbered, but now she could finally handle the situation by herself. Letting the werewolf get close to her and scratch her arm with his sharp claws, the genasi took the opportunity to stab her dagger deep in the beast's head through his mouth.

Letting the beast fall down before her, the planetouched huffed and retrieved her dagger, looking at Conall.

"You do this often? One hell of a hobby."

Her attention was then drawn by her bleeding hand, pressing the wound. Since her healing abilities were pathetic, it was good she had bandages in her pack.

Othos walked down from the shrine to reunite with the group, feeling a sense of serenity he had never felt before. He looked to Rhaine and smiled before he spoke,

"There is no doubt that I've found the god I shall pray to from now on. I've never felt so great, is this how your Kelemvor makes you feel?"

Rhaine smiled at Othos. There really was no way to sufficiently describe the myriad of feelings that Kelemvor's presence brought, and she was uncertain whether or not all of the gods had similar effects on mortals. Thus, she simply replied, "If you mean the feeling that you'll never be alone again...not truly...then yes, I know that feeling well. I am glad you have found a willing patron, Othos. May Shaundakul continue to smile on you."

Suddenly, the Doomguide could catch distant sounds of snarling, growling, and howling...followed closely by yelps and the crackle of magic. The sound was being carried by the wind through the rocks of the shrine, and so the actual source could be very far away. Still, the noise concerned her.

"Do you hear that?" she said, glancing around, her hand on the hilt of her sword, "I wonder where it's coming from..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conall finished off his opponent with a swift blow to the head, cracking its neck back and breaking it. He then simply stood there and panted for a few moments, Fenrir moving close to his master's feet in a protective manner. The white werewolf was covered in scratches, gashes, and bite marks, fur covered in blood...some his own, most not. His blue eyes met Ane's, and his voice came out with a bestial undertone.

"Ane...I am sorry you had to witness this...that you were hurt because of this...forgive me."

His ears swiveled as he focused on the strange woman who had helped them, "And you...celestial. Your assistance is much appreciated. If you will excuse me, I will return momentarily and thank you properly."

With that, he collected his armor pieces, then dashed behind the shrine to shift back and put on his silver plate once more. After several minutes he re-emerged, fully armored, but still slightly wounded. He winced as he took a few steps, his face bearing fresh claw wounds. Fenrir whimpered and paced around the paladin, looking up at him with concern. Conall waved him off with a slight bit of annoyance, "It's just a few scratches, Fen...stop worrying."

Edited by AurianaValoria1