Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"Hey, what's that?" Arland asked quietly, meaning the sounds, not the shrine.

"No idea." Weyland and Amendale answered simultaneously, also being quiet.

"Think it's something to kill? I mean if I'm off the horse, might as well kill something while I'm at it, right?"

"Brother, your bloodlust scares me sometimes."

"I don't like it either." Amendale scolded.

"Well don't expect it to change. Especially not for you, elf." He glared at Amendale, and drew one of his blades. When Weyland looked at him, alarmed, Arland rolled his eyes and muttered "Just in case." Weyland refrained from beating him to a pulp, for a moment.

Edited by Flipout6

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xallistine remained silent as the events unfolded before him, a celestial hunting a lone man who had committed petty crimes, Othos's new found faith, and now the distant snarl of some beasts battling it out in the woods... Well, his life was most definitely not lacking in excitement, and he kept himself quiet as his thoughts rattled about carelessly in his over-active mind.

---

Ravenna smirked "Why of course dear Hakkon... Devils to accompany your army? I'm sure my lord could... arrange for it to be so, should I make a convincing argument it will give him something of favour. Worry not, It shall be done... But my companion here grows restless, she is a killer you see, and not quite as... patient as I am, that and her methods are quite a few tones more messy than my own. Tell me, do you have any particularly dangerous prisoners? I'm sure Sefris wouldn't mind... looking after them for you?"

---

Seraphine bowed her head to the great wolf as he uttered his thanks in a bestial tone, it was rather strange being spoken to by one of his kind, they certainly weren't renowned for being creatures of docility. As Conall returned a shining paladin with handsome features and the same, azure eyes, Seraphine's mouth upturned in the slightest degree.

"There is no need to thank me, noble wolf, It is my bound duty to help those whom require assistance. From the vile aura that emanates from the recently deceased, and the blood that sits behind this humble shrine, I can only assume that these beasts were attempting to desecrate the sanctity of this holy gathering... A crime that is met, and has been fulfilled, with death. I am Seraphine of the Judicial order of Tyr, it is a pleasure to make such an acquaintance amidst the flames of battle."

Nawen admired the view, once they reached Shaundakul's shrine. As they waited for Othos to return she couldn't help but wonder if she'll ever feel as close to the deity she chose, as Rhaine, probably Othos and maybe the rest of her friends.

The sounds of battle reached her ears before it reached others but they were coming from a relatively safe distance and she thought it would be rude to interrupt the Genasi.

"I could hear a wolf amongst other sounds." She commented both curious and worried.

=================================================================

"I would say something like: good eyes," Shalena said to Lyria as she walked forward with the torch in her hand, "but you know that already." The half-elf pirate was glad to have her friend in this. She was a quite skilled herself but fiddling with traps wasn't one of those skills and more importantly, Shalena was a lot things, but careful wasn't one of them.

The group made their way through the stinking sewers, avoiding traps and searching for any sign of Merick and his men. For a while it seemed that they've wasted their time until Shalena heard voices coming from just around the corner. The pirate threw the torch into the water and peeked around the corner to see how large the group was. She could only see six.

"I see only six men." She said as she looked back at Lyria and other pirates. "Time to deal with these scum." The half-elf pirate added as she drew her cutlass, left their hideout and dashed towards the enemies.

"A wolf?" Rhaine repeated, glancing at Nawen, "It sounded as if it were in trouble."

Now, there was nothing but the din of the howling wind through the rocks. Still, even if the disturbance was over, the Doomguide had the distinct urge to investigate it. The fact that such strange sounds followed so closely on the heels of the arrival of the mysterious Deva did not make it seem like coincidence...

"Come on," she said finally, looking one last time at the shrine of Shaundakul before moving back down the path and deeper into the forest, "Let's see where adventure leads us, shall we?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyria kept close to the walls and the shadows, sneaking up behind the ranks of their foes. She only appeared when she wanted to be seen, and that was right before a kill. The tiefling hooked Culler into the belt of one of the rogues, yanking him to the ground and using the curve of Reaper to slice open his throat. One of the other enemies came at her with pair of daggers, which she easily knocked out of his hands before stabbing her sickles behind his collarbones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conall smiled slightly in return, "I am Conall Whitefang. And the pleasure is mine, my lady, believe me. I feared for both our lives," he gestured to Ane, "before you came and evened the odds. And you are right. These followers of Malar sought to desecrate this shrine and offer me to the Beastlord as a fitting sacrifice. They succeeded in the former task."

He glanced back at the shrine where the Silverstar lay, mangled by beast claws and teeth. He put his crossbow on his back and then wandered over to her body, gently picked it up, and laid her atop the shrine of Selune. Taking his cloak, he draped it over her corpse and bowed his head.

"Forgive me, sweet Moonmaiden...I have failed you again," he murmured.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Sefris smirked at Ravenna's question, shifting weight to her other leg.

"The most dangerous monsters hide behind a beautiful mask. Do let that fool you." The fey-ri said slowly, smiling. Though she could bet none of the orcs here could provide her with a decent challenge. It's a waste of time lingering here, but if Ravenna wants then as servants....eh. She'll let her do what she wants. The half-demoness did say she'll work with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The genasi grabbed her backpack and was tending to her scratch while Conall addressed the celestial that had helped them in the fight.

"Do not apologize to me, Conall. There is no need. I was only serving The Helping Hand - offer help wherever needed." the woman smiled, looking at her wound.

"Trust me, I do this on a daily basis. So don't worry."

Ane turned to the celestial now, examining the woman curiously. She's never seen a celestial before...The woman was quite unique.

"And thank you, Seraphine, for your help. It's a pleasure to meet you - my name is La'Niabelleta Anemone Siale, but you can just call me Ane." The planetouched greeted the celestial with a warm smile, having finished bandaging her wound.

"Do you have much trouble with those Malarites, then?" she turned to Conall, "And I am...so sorry about your friend. I am sure the Moonmaiden will greet her in Her halls."

"I like the sound of that." Nawen said as she followed Rhaine deeper into the forest, keeping her weapons close, just in case. It seemed that the battle was over but you never know.

=============================

While the other pirates picked their targets, Shalena fought with a slippery fellow. Her fighting style was usually described as fast and unpredictable but the pirate she fought somehow managed to avoid most of her hits. As fast as he was, the pirate had no idea that cutlass wasn't the only Shalena's weapon.

"So the famous Shalena Windsail isn't as good as I've been told!" The pirate attempted to taunt her.

"Oh, do shut up!" With a quick movement of her hand she pulled out her hand-crossbow and shot a singe bolt at the enemy. The bolt went right between the eyes.

Othos stayed a few moments longer behind the others, watching the shrine in awe and smiling at the thought of his new found faith. After this extra marveling Othos turned and followed the others into the woods in search of adventure.

Kowolj on the other hand was one of the first to move toward the commotion, as the journey to Myth Drannor was painfully devoid of action and he was looking forward to having something to do. Moving closer to the source of the trouble revealed the all too familiar scent of blood, which he informed the others of, "If it sounded like trouble, then I think I can add that it smells like trouble too. It smells like blood." He hastened his pace, his four legs guiding him gracefully along the trails and past the trees toward the scent.

He arrived in a clearing with three people and four corpses, the people consisting of a man in silver armor, the celestial woman they come across earlier, and a genasi woman. All four of the corpses were werewolves, which led to Kowolj implying that these people were the victims of an attack, or at least the man and the genasi since the celestial had only just left their sight. In addition to these people was a large shrine of some sort that Kowolj was unfamiliar with, though it was obviously in bad condition. He had never encountered new people without Othos, who typically spoke for the both of them in these situations, and he was unsure of what to say. He chose to keep it simple and simply said, "Hi."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haxxon chuckled again at the mention of prisioners, "We do not keep prisioners. The living are killed or enslaved, so we do have slaves. If your friend here is really as bloodthirsty as you say," he eyed of Sefris with his remaining eye, "Then there is no doubt that she would only settle for the best. Let us see just what my new... allies have up their sleeves. Follow me."

He led them through the winding tunnels past an uncountable number of orcs who all stood in awe as their leader passed by with the two women in tow. After several minutes of maneuvering they came to the slave pens, filled with hundreds of people, the majority of which were humans or dwarves. He moved his way through the destitute hordes, most of which moved as far away from the large orc as they could. The few who were stupid or desperate enough to ask for their freedom had their pleas met with a large orcish foot to their faces, knocking them flat on their backs. In the far back past the many cowering slaves was one who easily stood out from the others as a very dangerous individual. The large lizardfolk man stood easily at 8ft, his neck, arms, legs, and tail bound in iron and attached to the wall.

Haxxon spoke to him as one might a child, "Are you hungry? Tired? Angry? Would you like some food? Or perhaps... your freedom? I will give you these things on one condition," he turned one large brutish finger in the direction of Sefris, "Kill her." With that he wrapped his hands around the lizard's bindings, ripping them from the wall without too much effort. As he came undone from the wall he momentarily fell to his knees before looking up at what he thought was his prey, his eyes adjusting to the eyes of a predator. He charged from this position on all fours before pouncing through the air like a wild animal with his monstrous mouth open and twisted into some sort of mock grin.

With three of the six men down, Lyria sank back into the shadows. The other pirates were doing well enough on their own, and the tiefling really only cared about what happened to Shalena. As she watched from a small recess in the wall, her glowing pink eyes darted here and there, taking in the scene of the battle. She kept her sickles unsheathed and ready, just in case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conall had returned to Ane's side, Fenrir close by, the wolf sniffing at Seraphine curiously.

The paladin sighed as he answered the genasi's inquiry, "Yes. Malar's servants have been hunting me almost my entire life. They've already slain the entirety of my family and defaced one of the shrines of Selune in this forest...and now they've done so to another. On my watch, no less. I vowed to the Moonmaiden to protect her holy sites from harm...and I have failed her twice, now."

At that moment, a strange beast-man wandered into the clearing...a being Conall recognized as a wemic from the far-off Shaar. When it spoke, the paladin offered a hesitant greeting in response, "Ah...hello, stranger."

Then, the wemic was followed by a larger group, led by a black-armored woman with just as ebon wings and fiery red hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhaine was somehow not surprised to see the celestial, Seraphine, in the midst of conflict again. This time, it appeared she had slain - or had helped slay - four werewolves. There was a fashionably-garbed genasi woman nearby who was bandaging a wound. Standing alongside her was a silver-armored man with just as silver hair and striking blue eyes, a strangely similar wolf at his feet.

The Doomguide held up her hands as a sign of peace, "I am sorry if Kowolj here frightened you. We heard a commotion from the shrine of Shaundakul and came to investigate. Well met to you again, Seraphine," Rhaine nodded to the Deva.

"I regret my powers do not delve into the realms of bringing back the life taken by the forces of evil... Or I would grant such murdered priestess life once again. My earnest condolences, Conall Whitefang, I pray you have found some small measure of peace in destroying your attackers, revenge, while crude, does solve many a problem." Seraphine bowed her head to the falled priestess and wished her a safe travel to the next life.

As the air genasi greeted her Seraphine bowed her head. "It is an honour to meet one such as you in these woods, La'Niabelleta Anemone Siale, It seems I have been blessed in meeting not one, but two pure souls in this tragedy."

When the large lion-headed creature came bounding through the brush towards them, Seraphine immediately readied her magical abilities and set her aim upon the beast. However as he voiced a greeting the Deva lowered her hands and dispersed the swirling celestial magics that had gathered around her palms.

Following him was the mis-matched company of the Lady Doomguide, all following their obvious leader cautiously into whatever danger may have been ahead- the howls certainly were disheartening to say the least, but it was a large relief that the vile creatures who has produced them lay in their own blood.

Seraphine nodded in greeting to Rhaine once more "I have had the pleasure of your company twice today, Lady Alcinea, the pleasure is mine entirely to address you twice under one moon, it seems the drums of battle insisted upon playing another beat for me today, and for which I am grateful, for I was able to grant intervention in such a horrific event as this." She gestured to the bloody corpses of both beast and priestess alike.

----

Xallistine dismounted his steed and walked to stand next to Rhaine as she addressed the newcomers, both the werewolf and the genasi seemed to extrude a glowing aura of purity about them, the white haired man in particular, through those brilliantly bright sapphires that rested within his eye-sockets. The colouration of the surface dwellers eyes was rather diverse, as the underdark only really catered to one predominant colour: The red of the Drow.

"What an interesting entourage... a good werebeast and a female genasi... not to mention our celestial Seraphine."

----

Ravenna sighed reluctantly as the lord Hakkon lead the two bedazzling women through the tunnels of his great complex, winding tunnel and narrow corridor infinitum seemed to lead into yet another, until they arrived into the rather disgusting bowels of the prison block... which seemed to be decorated with said organ in rather unexpected patches on the grotesque floor.

Ravenna's disgust turned to utter amusement as the Orc overlord let loose a rather delightful little toy, the hulking lizard-man came menacingly at Sefris on all fours, rushing towards the Fey'ri with a maddening look in it's eye... oh she would enjoy watching how her companion dealt with this particular problem, and deal with it she would. Sefris may not have been the most dependable of playthings for sticking to the rules of the game, but she could always be counted on to find new and innovative ways to brutally murder her opponents.

Sefris followed the orc, raising her eyebrow in interes. She doubted the creature would have a decent challenge for her, but it was better than just standing around, anyway. Walking down the tunnels, the sight of slaves and their guards pushing them back was amusing, making the fey-ri smirk. When they stopped, she looked at her new adversary, obviously not impressed.

"A lizard? Ugh, their blood tastes horrible." When the lizardman charged at her, the fey'ri simply flew up a few feet, watching him from above. "I couldn't get it out of my mouth for days the last time I killed some of those creatures."

Offering the beast freedom for killing her was a strong motivation, but that only made it more fun. It would be as taunting a bull with a piece of red sheet, the way she flew up and down, making the lizard jump. His angry roar made the half-demoness chuckle, summoning a fireball as she flew down closer to the ground. Ending this too quickly would be boring, and they couldn't have that. So she fired the fireball at the lizard's tail, watching it burn flesh with a geniune smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I thank you for your kind words, Seraphine, but revenge isn't the answer. It just causes more pain and suffering. We should find kindness in our hearts and heal wounds, not inflict more."

The genasi understood - partialy - the celestial and her thinking, but violence isn't the answer. To offer help wherever it's needed - that's what she did, not harm people unless she had no choice. And this woman seemed to live for it, for violence.

But the genasi's thoughts were interrupted by a wemic who wondered in, her frown immediately turning up.

"A wemic!" she proclaimed delightedly, examining the creature. She's only read about their kind, but she's never seen one. Such magnificent creatures.

"Hello." She greeted the stranger back, not as reluctant as the others to approach him. "My name is La'Niabelleta Anemone Siale. Might I know yours?"

It was then that the rest of the wemic's group approached, the genasi looking up. The planetouched was just as delighted to see so many people - knowing it must be so much fun to travel in a group as large as this one -, her interest shifting to the winged leader. She looked like a half-elf...was she a Choose? Ane read a lot about gods and races, but she couldn't remember which god would bestow such a symbol upon his or her Choosen.

"Not at all," she replied to the winged half-elf, still curious about her wings, "Everyday is a day well spent when you meet new people. It is a pleasure to meet fellow travelers who pay respect to The Wind Rider." The genasi was about to take her hat off and bow lightly in the group's direction, but she then remembered she left it not far away from the shrine. No matter, she will get it later.