Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine took the Willow Bark infusion and hesitantly drank it. Her headache subsided somewhat, and she was able to think more clearly.

Approaching Caladus, she raised an eyebrow, "So House DeVir had dealings with the Cult of the Dragon, eh? I'm not surprised. That organization has its talons - pardon the pun - in seventy-five percent of the governments across Faerun, with ties to Thay and Szass Tam-" her eyes widened and she snapped her fingers, "That's it! Norgold's nightmares...the Cult of the Dragon must have some Red Wizards in their ranks capable of reforging souls."

She moved to Xallistine's bookshelves, "We need to find out more, though. See if you can find anything that indicates correspondence between a nearby branch of the cult and Thay...journals, ledgers, memoirs, anything. Keep an eye out for things written in Draconic. It's a language few know, and would be perfect for documents transported between members."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazel closed her book, Secrets of the Underdark, and replaced it on its shelf, then walked over to where Caladus and Xallistine were, "What is it you've found?"

Ianthe looked down at her book on sea slugs and closed it, nonchalantly putting it back in its place.

"Dealings? No. Spies and Information? Yes. Nau zhaunil zhah myar zhaunil, hmm? No knowledge is bad knowledge. And that way, we could eliminate that option for the other houses that were attacking us. I found the last known location of the Cult of the dragon. A temple that used to be of Eilistraee before handmaidens killed the worshippers. Now is the home of the Cult of the Dragon and their Necromantic Cult."

"Lu' nindol qu'ellar d' Eilistraee...'udtila dosst voiry mon'tu ulu olt k'lar, zav Caladus?" Rhaine asked, switching to Drow just for the sake of it as she walked to the left side of the room and began examining the Draconic tomes.

"Siyo, zhaunl l' ywrazz nindel Ched Nassad shlu'ta tlu keffal, udos ssrig'luin ulu plynn l' bulmiten wun l' Trezen Luent." Caladus replied. Shaori wandered over and says, in Drow, Usstan shlu'ta jous dos vel'klar nind ph'! Nind atsus uns'aa lu' zhahen aluin ulu or'shanse uns'aa. Usstan shlu'ta flohlu l' menvis Usstan ssuth pholor. I-in common thats I can take you there. They caught me and were g-going to sacrifice me. I c-can show you where they are!" Caladus looked incredibly pleased. "I love you." he mutters under his breath, as a sort of "Thank the gods I don't have to look like an Idiot trying to figure out where this temple is."

"The tunnels to the northeast, you say?" Rhaine asked, still looking at the shelves, "Good. And if you can take us there, Shaori, that would be welcome. For now, though, I'd like to stay here and see if we can't find anything more. I'd rather go later and well-prepared rather than sooner and in the dark, if you get my meaning."

She gestured to the others, "Besides, it has been a long and tiring journey thus far. We should all rest and gather our strength before attempting a strike on the Cult."

Nawen looked at her new friends silently. It seems that they have figured it out already. She looked through the books written in draconic language quietly as others talked. She hoped to leave Underdark as soon as possible but it seems that they will stay here for quite some time.

As she looked at the books Nawen noticed one old and worn looking book, she carefully took it and opened it. She could not read draconic and had no idea what was written there but she remembered the symbol which was drawn in the center of the page. It looked exactly like the one they saw on the amulet. "I think I found something." The drow said and turned to her friends.

Kevorin listened to what the other woman said. His kind? Was it that obvious? His small wings are always hidden underneath his clothing was it the eyes that gave him away? "And I suppose you think that your charms will work?" He asked, obviously not impressed.