Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"Formerly the Knight-Captain," Rhaine said flatly, "now Chosen of Kelemvor. You would be wise to keep your distance, witch; you will find my power more than a match for yours."

She watched the woman carefully, her gaze analyzing every move, every gesture...trying to anticipate any possible reaction. It was obvious, now, that this would be no simple fight. There would be no charging her with blades swinging to bring her a quick death...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenna looked at Rhaine and laughed "So bold, chosen one. Witch you say? Witch is an understatement. The last time i saw you you were younger... but age catches up with those who are unwilling to stop it..." She said, in her usually dark tone. "What is it that you have come here for, Chosen of the new god?"

Rhaine flexed her fingers around Touch of Death, "Age can be halted by the grace of the gods. And if you truly knew my god, you would also know my purpose for being here."

"The gods? why would i allow the gods to stop me from ageing? i am no pawn in there games any longer, i worship no divine and i belong to none. Perhaps the world would view me as a blasphemer for relying on myself, but i view it as power, not grovelling to the gods to receive it." Ravenna said bitterly. "So then, your god Kelemvor sent you here to wipe out the undead and deliver his 'Justice' did he?... then come... deal it out." She said tauntingly. Her green eyes glimmering in the flames of the room.

Nawen was eyeing the woman cautiously. Rhaine addressed her as a witch and if that was true then Norgold was wrong to attack her. She wasn't able to sense magic like some of her companions but the fact that this woman is powerful was quite obvious even for her.

She stood still, her fingers touched the fletching of the arrow. If this woman will attack them, Nawen will be ready.

As the woman had finished speaking, Rhaine had mentally concentrated on the spell she wanted to cast: Ethereal Jaunt. She briefly remembered when silenced spells had been so difficult for her...but now they were as easy as breathing.

She smiled at the woman, offering her a wicked grin before vanishing from sight.

This angered Ravenna greatly and she screamed "Coward! Face me without trickery Chosen one!" But the screaming did not quell her anger, rather added flames to the already burning fire. She stood still, eyes burning with rage, her fingers moving slightly, as her magic tore apart a statue of Lloth, ripping it up into many thousands of sharp fragments, each capable of piercing through a human body. with a great cry she moved them around the room with her hands, trying to catch everyone in the maelstrom of destruction.

Xallistine saw the many shards heading around the room, some in reach of Nawen, he ran forward, and put up a powerful shield of magic, which when the fragments touched they turned to sand. but the shield was getting weaker with every piece of rapidly moving stone. "Stop this..." He said, knowing his shield would not hold for much longer.

Nawen watched the woman when she noticed that Rhaine disappeared somewhere as she wondered where, the witch destroyed the statue of Lloth with her powers. One part of the statue was about to hit her when Xallistine put up a magical shield. She was thankful and slightly surprised but there was no time for this. The woman wanted a fight? Then a fight she will get.

The drow pulled a different arrow from the quiver, this time enchanted acid arrow. She nocked the arrow and aimed it at the woman. She only hoped that Rhaine won't appear in front of the woman. For a moment she waited and released an arrow, hoping that it won't miss the target.

Caladus struggled free of Xallistine's grip, and ran at Ravenna, stabbing her in the side.

Byron was flung out of the guard that he was possessing, and then .... floated, unsure of what to do.

Shaori cast Melf's Minute Meteors and started throwing flaming rocks at the evil woman.

In the midst of the chaos, Rhaine, invisible to all, had dashed up to the balcony where she could cast her spells free from interruption. With an Infernal incantation, she summoned forth the same Balor demon that she had called the previous day, the floor behind the woman splitting open and the gigantic creature crawling from the Abyss with a guttural bellow. The spell, of course, had canceled her invisibility. But that no longer mattered.