Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine looked between Illius and Xallistine, "A...wise...man once told me that 'the greatest of evils can only be vanquished through sacrifice - a sacrifice most mortals would not be willing to make.' I am honor-bound to destroy things such as this abominable phylactery. If neither of you wish to do it, I certainly will. I cannot allow it to continue its wretched existence." Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xallistine looked upon Rhaine "No, you shall not be harmed by this Rhaine... you also, have your life to carve out. I have lived mine, so if i die... then it is for a greater good." Xallistine said, he took the Phylactery from Illius's hands, and he held it within his own, he muttered a few words, and crushed the orb within his hands, the soul of the dragon coming forth, no-where to go, and the powerful spell within activating itself. It sent a huge burst of Lightning through Xallistine's frail body, coursing through his every cell, until the Illithid dropped to the ground, on his knees, his hands out on the ground in front of him, as the final sparks coursed around him. He coughed and wheezed, and said, as steam rose from his body "I think.... i survived." But he was very badly injured.

Rhaine rushed to Xallistine's side, kneeling next to him, "Gods, you're lucky." She then whispered a Greater Restoration spell and let the honey-colored magic wash over him, hopefully countering any nerve damage done by the electricity. Still, she couldn't help but worry. The Ulitharid was already in poor health, and it seemed that no amount of magic could fully restore him.

She looked around. Byron had vanished, and Caladus and Shaori had already made for the surface. That left Nawen, Illius, Hazel and Ianthe. She wondered if the nymph would even be able to walk out of the temple.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Ianthe groaned as she spoke, "Rhaine... heal as much of it as you can without it making you tired. There could still be something waiting on us outside and we're all hurt in one way or another. My skin can be healed perfectly on its own, but the rest needs help." She shuddered at the memory of the pain on her forearms and hands, which had gotten the worst of the burns. Byron's salve had helped so much, and she was grateful for how carefully he had made sure it coated her fingers and even between them. She remembered something, and added, "I also think my infravision charm may have burned the skin underneath much worse than the rest of my chest. It may even be stuck to my skin, I can't tell." She could tell her hair was completely gone, but that would grow back quickly enough. Nymphs never lost the ability to grow it, and their skin healed fast, as long as it wasn't too badly damaged.

Hazel noticed the way out Caladus had taken and followed him out as soon as she was sure Ianthe was okay. It wasn't that she wasn't committed to the cause or concerned for her friend, but something about being in that cave had made her feel like she was losing her mind. Maybe it was the lack of sunlight. She didn't know. She plopped down in the grass beside Shaori and took off her infravision charm, happy to see the green trees and yellow sunlight again. It made her sympathize with the young elf beside her, and she smiled, sure that Shaori was even more glad to see the sun than she was. Quietly, she cast a small restoration spell on the girl, enough to make her be energized again when she woke. Hazel stared up at the sky happily, drinking in the sunlight.

Xallistine extended his wand, into a walking cane, as in his weak state, he needed all the support he could get. He walked slowly, frailly towards Ianthe, he knelt down beside her, and began chanting, as he charged up a powerful healing spell, he cast it upon the Nymph and stood back up "Recover quickly dear Nymph." He said softly, as he walked out of the chamber, gazing in wonder at the surface world "This is... the surface?"

Ravenna walked with Ra'shara, and from a podium as they walked, she picked up a statue, solid gold with many hundreds of diamonds adorning it "There is plenty more where this came from."

Ra'sava picked up the statue and analysed it from different angles. " I guess this could fetch a decent price." He said, passing it to one of the mercs to hold. He noticed a glowing amulet in the distance " Now this could be worth a fortune..." He said, putting it around his neck. He followed Ravenna into a chamber, there was a large coffin, crowns, necklaces, jewels and gold lay on top. " Who's in the coffin? Anyone I should care about?" He asked. Edited by AnotherAverageName

" OK, don't mind if I do!" He said, stuffing the treasure into a sack. He turned to Ravenna " Well! Thats all I'll be needing, I guess Its time to fill my part of the bargain. The monsters are back at the warehouse." He said, putting the last piece of gold in the bag.