Shadowmare Not Turning

Hello. So I ran and did the entire Dark Brotherhood quest. Now that I have finished it, I decided to go and get my brand new Shadowmare armored since I have the Horse Armor DLC. After she was armored, I decided to ride and a amazingly, I learned that she can not turn left or right! she can only go straight. When I hit A or D she acts like she wants to turn, but doesn't. She was doing just fine before I got her fitted with the armor. I also tried Killing her and letting her wake back up to see if she resets, but she wont die. Even if I open up the console and use the kill command. She just wont die. Or go unconscious. Her health drops to just a little bit and then locks in place. I like the armor and don't want to disable the Horse Armor DLC, is there any way to fix this?

Shadowmere is marked essential so she can't be killed, just knocked unconscious. The UESP Wiki page for Shadowmere mentions a number of issues around Shadowmere and the Horse Armor DLC, but nothing resembling your problem. That would make me tend towards mod conflict being the problem.

Shadowmere is marked essential so she can't be killed, just knocked unconscious. The UESP Wiki page for Shadowmere mentions a number of issues around Shadowmere and the Horse Armor DLC, but nothing resembling your problem. That would make me tend towards mod conflict being the problem.

Yes, she is essential, but my Shadowmare cant even get knocked out. Once her Health reaches a certain limit, it stays there no matter how many times anyone hits her. Her HP wont ever drop to 0. If I use the kill command, it does the same thing. Her HP drops to that one limit and just stays there. she never falls and I still ride her. I have no other horse mods active. The only one I have is the Unofficial Fix for the DLC. Yes I have quite a list of Mods active, but it seems odd any of them would cause issues like this. My Mods are mainly OOO, MMM, FRAN, CURP, Exnems, Unofficial Oblivion Patches (Including SI and all the DLC). The rest of the mods are 1 custom race, a bunch of Weapons and Armor Mods, couple harvest mods, and a few added location mods. If need be, I will list them. Mod Checker says there is no conflicts...

The only thing that comes to mind for me that could be the problem is mod conflict, but perhaps someone else has another suggestion. I have one mod that I use that might have an effect like you describe ... you don't by any chance use NPCs Yield?

The only thing that comes to mind for me that could be the problem is mod conflict, but perhaps someone else has another suggestion. I have one mod that I use that might have an effect like you describe ... you don't by any chance use NPCs Yield?

No, I don't have that mod. I am not sure exactly why she is doing this. Like I said, when I finished the quest to get her, She worked fine. I rode her all the time. Then, right after I applied the armor to her, she just stopped turning. She will still go backward and forward, but just not turn, which does cause problems. I will post a list of my active mods and the results of Mod Checker.

Here is a complete list of all mods I have active in their exact load order:

• 00 Oblivion.esm

• 01 Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

• 02 Francesco's Optional New Creatures Add-On.esm

• 03 SoVvM.esm

• 04 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.33]

• 05 Mart's Monster Mod.esm

• 06 CyrodiilUpgradeResourcePack.esm

• 07 CURP_Controller.esm

• 08 TLS Modded Mannequins.esm

• 09 Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm

• 0A Arme's Excalibur Update.esp

• 0B TLS Modded Mannequins.esp

• 0C Mighty Umbra.esp

• 0D AddMapMarkers.esp

• 0E The Mystery of the Dulan cult.esp

• 0F Cheat Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp

• 10 Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp

• 11 More_Vegetables.esp

• 12 Loth's Blunt Weapons.esp

• 13 Loth's Blunt Weapons- Mobs.esp

• 14 Loth's Blunt Weapons for Npcs.esp

• 15 Adventurer's Spells.esp

• 16 VoiceOfReason.esp

• 17 A Very Silly Slaughterfish Mod.esp

• 18 Akorithi's Jade Bow.esp

• 19 absolution.esp

• 1A TheHolyBlade.esp

• 1B Hel Borne Spear Set.esp

• 1C Rogue Sun's Blood Lust Dress.esp

• 1D Francesco's day lenght rescale 1-24.esp

• 1E Francesco's Optional Files.esp

• 1F DLCHorseArmor.esp

• 20 DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

• 21 DLCOrrery.esp

• 22 DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 23 DLCFrostcrag.esp

• 24 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 25 DLCThievesDen.esp

• 26 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.10]

• 27 DLCVileLair.esp

• 28 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

• 29 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

• 2A DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 2B DLCSpellTomes.esp

• 2C DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]

• 2D Knights.esp

• 2E Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]

• 2F DLCShiveringIsles.esp

• 30 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

• 31 DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.6]

• 32 pizz_FFXI.esp

• 33 HanasakuTouken.esp

• 34 Gizmodian Aurora Blade.esp

• 35 FinalFantasy10BrotherhoodswordNEW.esp

• 36 bustersword.esp

• 37 FF7 Weapons.esp

• 38 FF8 Gunblade.esp

• 39 MasterSwordDX_no_god.esp

• 3A Gizmodian - FF Ultima Blade.esp

• 3B Lem - Zemus's Lair.esp

• 3C Fantasy Mod.esp

• 3D Cutthroat Merchants.esp

• 3E Living Economy.esp

• 3F Living Economy - Items.esp

• 40 Harvest [Flora].esp [Version 3.0.0]

• 41 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.33]

• 42 OOO-Level_Stock.esp [Version 1.33]

• 43 OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp [Version 1.33]

• 44 OOO-DLT_Remover.esp [Version 1.33]

• 45 OOO-Container_Trap_Instant_Effects.esp [Version 1.33]

• 46 OOO-Map_Markers_Stock.esp [Version 1.33]

• 47 OOO-Water_Weeds.esp [Version 1.33]

• 48 Mart's Monster Mod for FCOM.esp

• 49 Mart's Monster Mod for Francescos.esp

• 4A Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp

• 4B Mart's Monster Mod.esp

• 4C Gather Ye Rosebuds.esp

• 4D 1AlexScorpionSneakingSuit.esp

• 4E HB Ayelid Longsword.esp

• 4F Angeleron.esp

• 50 Agicis.esp

• 51 ScaryCastle.esp

• 52 tkRapiers.esp

• 53 Hiyoko_Store.esp

• 54 LostSwordOfTheAylied.esp

• 55 LostSwordOfTheAylied - OBSE Add-On.esp

• 56 Hel Borne's Vampire Slayer Sword.esp

• 57 ACB_Yamigarasu.esp

• 58 AkaviriSamuraiShop.esp

• 59 FightersGuildContracts.esp

• 5A kingdomofAlmar.esp

• 5B TEC_4ERA_Dialog_Filter.esp

• 5C TheElderCouncil_TempleOfTheOne.esp

• 5D CUO_Leyawiin.esp

• 5E TheElderCouncil.esp

• 5F CUO_Chorrol.esp

• 60 TheNecromancer.esp

• 61 Origin of the Mages Guild.esp [Version 7.3]

• 62 CUO_Bravil.esp

• 63 Theryon.esp

• 64 Slof's Oblivion Robe Trader.esp

• 65 Elven Armours.esp

• 66 mr_Siikas_MerchantShip.esp

• 67 mrSiikas_BetterPorts_Seagulls.esp

• 68 mrSiikasBetterPorts_CorvetteExpansion.esp

• 69 mrSiikasBetterPorts_LongshipExpansion.esp

• 6A Chorrol Jewelry Company.esp

• 6B Burmecian.esp

• 6C Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.0]

• 6D Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.1]

• 6E YohdalePass.esp

• 6F YohdalePassTreasureloadaftermainesp.esp

• 70 MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

• 71 Ahtata_Khabaxi.esp

• 72 FF10 Tidus Longsword.esp

• 73 Necro Armor.esp

• 74 NEWMannaquinRoom.esp

• 75 Full Harvest.esp [Version 1.0]

• 76 Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp [Version 3.0.0]

• 77 Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp [Version 3.0.0]

• 78 Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp [Version 3.0.0]

Here is the results of Mod Checker:

This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

Mergeable

Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.

• DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

• Francesco's day lenght rescale 1-24.esp

• Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

• Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp

• MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

• OOO-Container_Trap_Instant_Effects.esp

• OOO-DLT_Remover.esp

• OOO-Level_Stock.esp

• OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp

• OOO-Water_Weeds.esp

And that's it.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a load order/mod conflict expert (more like a neophyte), but have you tried disabling the DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp to see if it makes any difference? I'm not sure of what all the changes OOO makes, and you would think that if it caused problems with the DLC Horse Armor it would be widely reported but I don't see anything else in your list that I could suggest as something to try.

If nobody else can see anything to suggest you're down to the old tried and true 'disable half your mods' method. It's a pain, but will help narrow down the list. I'd suggest doing the overhauls and calling that 'one half'. If the problem persists then disable half the remaining mods. Rinse and repeat until you're down to the DLCs. Can't think of much else at the time.

On taking another glance through the list, what does the CURP_Controller.esm do (don't see a corresponding esp file)?

I am by no stretch of the imagination a load order/mod conflict expert (more like a neophyte), but have you tried disabling the DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp to see if it makes any difference? I'm not sure of what all the changes OOO makes, and you would think that if it caused problems with the DLC Horse Armor it would be widely reported but I don't see anything else in your list that I could suggest as something to try.

If nobody else can see anything to suggest you're down to the old tried and true 'disable half your mods' method. It's a pain, but will help narrow down the list. I'd suggest doing the overhauls and calling that 'one half'. If the problem persists then disable half the remaining mods. Rinse and repeat until you're down to the DLCs. Can't think of much else at the time.

On taking another glance through the list, what does the CURP_Controller.esm do (don't see a corresponding esp file)?

Aye. Just tried disabling the patch. That most defiantly has something to do with it, but I have an even bigger problem now. Shadowmare is no where to be found. I had saved my game directly in front of her and when I loaded it up, she had dissipated. Also, if I fast travel to any town, it no longer says that she is stabled outside the town and If i go out to the stables, she is not there.

As for CURP_Controller.esm, its description says:

CURP Controller V2.4

Used to control and provide common resources to the Cyrodiil Upgrade Series of mods.

its needed for the following mods:

FightersGuildContracts.esp

kingdomofAlmar.esp

TEC_4ERA_dialog_Filter.esp <-------- Not even sure what that one is for.....

CUO_Leyaiin.esp

TheElderCouncil.esp

CUO_Chorrol.esp

TheNecromancer.esp

Origin of the Mages Guild.esp <-------- The main reason I use CURP

CUO_Bravil.esp

Chorrol Jewlery Company.esp

In addition to what is available on the UESP Wiki link for Shadowmere here's what the UESP Wiki says on their Horse Armor Pack page:

While it is indeed possible to apply armor to Shadowmere, once armored she is in danger of vanishing from the game world. In this scenario, she will not reappear at Fort Farragut (normally, if Shadowmere wanders off, one can find her at the Fort - but not if she's armored). See Shadowmere's page for details and possible solutions.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Official Mods Patch.

I use the Horse Armor Pack for the white horse that I use with my old guy. It makes it easy to tell my white horse from Vilja's white horse Bruse, but other than that it doesn't add much value to the game. The vanilla horses are just magnets for the beasts and bandits so I always dismount after getting them out of harms way. Shadowmere being marked essential gains even less by being armored, and in fact if you're determined to have her armored there's plenty of gotchas waiting to bite you. I'd go with Shadowmere au natural myself (hopefully you have a previous save from before you slapped armor on her).

In addition to what is available on the UESP Wiki link for Shadowmere here's what the UESP Wiki says on their Horse Armor Pack page:

While it is indeed possible to apply armor to Shadowmere, once armored she is in danger of vanishing from the game world. In this scenario, she will not reappear at Fort Farragut (normally, if Shadowmere wanders off, one can find her at the Fort - but not if she's armored). See Shadowmere's page for details and possible solutions.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Official Mods Patch.

I use the Horse Armor Pack for the white horse that I use with my old guy. It makes it easy to tell my white horse from Vilja's white horse Bruse, but other than that it doesn't add much value to the game. The vanilla horses are just magnets for the beasts and bandits so I always dismount after getting them out of harms way. Shadowmere being marked essential gains even less by being armored, and in fact if you're determined to have her armored there's plenty of gotchas waiting to bite you. I'd go with Shadowmere au natural myself (hopefully you have a previous save from before you slapped armor on her).

<.< >.>......nope. Deleted all my older saves since I have spent about 52 hours of the game since I got her? yeah somewhere around there. Well, if all else fails, I can just use The Constructin Set, get her ID, and then use the placeatme command to get a new Shadowmare. Meh. Good enough for now. If I encounter any more errors with this, I will post about it here. For now, got to go pick the missus up from work. Try it later.