Skyrim VR

warman675

At this time that will limit the mods you can use even more. Like when SSE came out, all the modders, or someone else, will have to port their mods to the VR version. A lot of good Skyrim mods got left behind last time a port was needed.

Skyrim VR is essentially Skyrim SE with a VR mod over the top of it.

Hence why some people thought the price a tough pill to swallow. But I understand why - looking at the bigger picture.

Your free to use the Skyrim SE mods just fine - so long as you avoid anything that requires SKSE 64.

There are tiny rumbles you can feel that suggests support for Skyrim VR is coming over the hill. SKSE64 - VR. (although quite what its name will be I dont know. Perhaps it will remain as SKSE64 and a version number change will all it will be)

The only problem at present seems to be mod managers and utilities.

I am hoping that with time these will appear. Skyrim VR has not long been out, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

If you have only Skyrim VR installed - then with a bit of tweaking you can use NMM.

There are a small handful of dedicated VR mods available on this site too.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently purchased Skyrim VR. I have never played this game before so I do not have any version like SE. Will this make my mod availability even smaller?

The answer to this is yes and no. Essentially you can mod your VR version of Skyrim with the mods that have been created specifically for VR (found in the VR section) as well as using mods made for Skyrim Special Edition. However you just can't use Special Edition mods that require SKSE64 (as far as I know there isn't a VR version available yet).

There is a SKSE64 for vr. (runtime 1.3.64)

However, I've tried to use some mods made for SKSE64 and they didnt appear to work. It may be that I did something wrong -but I suspect it was my poor choice. For example. SKY UI and Better Dialogue overall and better message boxes.

That may come as no surprise since the interface for VR is powered differently.

But again, this maybe because I did something wrong.

At this moment I assuming that its not just a case of using a mod made for SKSE64...rather a mod made for SKSE64 VR.

Edited by cptmrcalm

Looks like some interest is around for the SkyUI for VR.

Just checked the SkyUI page. Looks like there is a patch for it -but not easily available due to respect to the mod author. So hopefully - this will be resolved soon.

I'm scanning the Nexus VR pages as I'm thinking of getting the VR version. I remember the frustration when SSE came out and the l.o.n.g. wait for SKSE 64.

The SKSE team have pulled an ace with the swift deplayment of SKSE VR.

I have a good feeling mods will get VR patches. (I'm counting on it!!!)