Empty Worlds?

windclan

Just finished a short expedition in Land's End...Now I have a new problem: There are just so many good spots to build at!!! :)

I do need to ask though, are there any other mods out there that use Land's End that I should know about? Don't want to do all sorts of building and then find out I picked the same spot as another modder and have to destroy all my work...That would suck.

Edited by windclan

While you're in game in the world space you could toggle debug text on (tdt) after issuing the SetDebugText and either option 31 or 33 (sdt 31 or sdt 33). I know it gives you coordinate location ... not sure if that will include cell info.

Remembered I could use the console to turn the collision off and fly. Got a nice bird's eye view and found the perfect spot to start building. Took down a half dozen cell numbers. Planning to start small of course, going to build the dock and get the Land's End arrival ship moved so people don't have to walk forever to get to the spot...

I think I may have started to get the hang of things now. Had to relocate as I discovered my original building site was a little too sloped to look good, so ended up setting up the dock on the opposite side of the island. The new locale does have a very nice view though, especially at sunset. Haven't gotten the arrival boat moved yet since I wanted something more then a dock to mark the area.

So after a bit of work I have my first building complete: A small warehouse near the dock (because really, where else are supplies going to come from if not by ship. Nothing else here at the moment :) )

Do have a new question however. Are road tiles hidden away in the CS somewhere or are they a terrain thing? Going to have to get creative if they're terrain, don't really want to mess with that if I can help it.

Here's a link to the CS Wiki World page. Have a look through the links from Landscape. There's not a lot of 'meat' to most of the tutorials ... Terrain Texturing will get you started on your roads. There are limitations to how many textures can be available to chose from in a quad (maybe 16?? might not be the right number though ... - Edit - 9 is the right number) and I think you need to be careful replacing one to get the one you want - Edit - be sure to read through post #4, especially the end of Part 01: Landscape Quads. I remember reading through an excellent tutorial once (perhaps on TES Alliance but I can't seem to track it down again. If I run into it I'll be sure to link.

- Edit - Found it ... TES Alliance CS Basics: Lesson #3, be sure to scroll down to post #4.

Edited by Striker879

I actually remember seeing that before when I was first thinking about this project...I think I'll stick to building instead of landscaping for the moment though :)

Almost finished ransacking the Modder Resources, found quite a few nice pieces I can likely make use of. Also added another two items to my possibility list. I think I may be slightly crazy since I plan to custom build all my interiors but hey, not like I don't have tons of time on my hands currently :)

Got a couple of new issues, the first regarding my use of modder resources. I noticed while furnishing the Estate's tavern that all the items I had added while working on my previous project were missing...Assuming that it was because I added them while working on the project ESP and so they were saved as part of the ESP.

So what would be the best way to preserve the added items in the CS from project to project.

And my other issue is regarding NPC's. I started playing with the NPC creation to see how hard it would be to use and with a tutorial helping it turned out rather well. Managed to create a basic character. But when I was looking at the clothing options I noticed it seems like rather slim pickings and so I started thinking about the possibility of downloading some clothing mods and using those to clothe my Land's End NPC's.

Not sure if that would just make things more complicated then they need to be though. I mean, I'd like to do it that way, give them stuff that's different from what everyone else in Tamriel has but don't know if that is the best decision.