F4SE functions or reading/writing to files?

Struckur

Greetings

I'm trying to import/export data in my Clipboard mod, so settlement objects can be copied between characters and players. To do so I need read/write access to files, does anyone know of an existing way to do this? I can't find any existing F4SE functions that enable it but I haven't been able to find a full API so I can't be sure.

It appears I could write a dll to enable what I need but I don't know C++ so that would be a path of last resort.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

To my knowledge, an F4SE plugin that does that has not been made. Many coders are reluctant to make that plug-in because of the security risks introduced by allowing writes to the users file system.

There is a plug-in that allows reading/writing strings to a game-controlled ini file. I believe those can be quite large. Would that accomplish what you need?

To my knowledge, an F4SE plugin that does that has not been made. Many coders are reluctant to make that plug-in because of the security risks introduced by allowing writes to the users file system.

There is a plug-in that allows reading/writing strings to a game-controlled ini file. I believe those can be quite large. Would that accomplish what you need?

That would be enough to enable copying between characters on the same machine, and that would be a big win. It probably wouldn't be practical to use that for sharing between people tho. Not sure I'd want to encourage people going in there and manually clipping out portions of text from a game ini file on a regular basis. :-/