What Gaming RIG do you have? =]

DaisukeJP

Hey guys,

Let's compare our systems a bit here to see what kind of systems are being used generally for playing Skyrim or other High-End games =]

My Gaming RIG is in my signature

using my own custom ENB settings v0.102 @ maxed out settings with SSAO @ -1 1920x1080

getting 50~60fps , lowest i've seen is 36fps when i was summoning 4 dragons with a mod & killing whole whiterun XD

Vsync enabled. [ultra Skyrim settings / sliders @ max also]

I wonder how Intel/Nvidia combo systems perform ^^

Display Driver : AMD Catalyst 12.3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asus Maximus iv-z motherboard

I7 2600k overclocked to 4.7ghz

16gb ripjaw 2133mhz

2x 3gb 580 GTX in SLI with latest beta driver

Win 7 x64 ultimate on corsair gt 128gb SSD

Skyrim on OCZ x2 128gb RAID0

30" dell at 2560 x 1600

Asus d2x xonar

Logitec 5.1 speakers

Game on ultra

.ini tweaks

X16 AF on nvidia

X4 Aa as per game

Transparent AA x2

SSAO performance

88 mods, mainly high res HD textures

Sits consistently on 60 fps except in deep forest drops to low 40s when turning suddenly then back into 50's

Also noticed with this system hardly any CPU use (20-30%) it is limited by the graphics, at almost 100% and I hit 70 degrees on the video cards as not much room for cooling with these beasts in my case

very nice ^^

I'm currenly busy making my own custom case with a huge acrylic window to show off my awesome green cable management =P

got 3 GTX 680's here which I mainly use for benchmarking in my intel rig.

but I'm thinking of keeping them instead of selling, to make a mean green machine ^^

but i'm waiting for the 22nm Ivy Chipset from intel =]

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Edition water cooled @3.2g (not overclocked)

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-770T-USB 3.0

RAM: Crucial 16gb 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1gb Dual Fan (factory overclocked)

HDD: 1TB Sata II

MONITOR: Samsung 27" P2770FH Gaming Monitor 1920x1080p

CCC 12.1

AA x4

AF x16

Screen Res. 1920x1080p

50-64 fps consistently except when going through doors drops to ~30 fps for about 2 sec.

Currently running about 50 mods (no conflicts), no Texture packs

Skyrim patch 1.4.21

I plan on getting a HD 7970 and new PSU, just waiting for the price to drop a little.

EDIT: now using CCC 12.4 (with no problems)

Edited by fms1

Hey just want to say that while I don't have a great computer, I do always like to check out what others have and dream of the day when I can afford to put something like one of these together. I'm trying to put aside some money and someday relatively soon build a respectable rig. Any suggestions as to what is really important and what is just overkill?

I had a few old computers that I found / had laying around that I mixed and matched just to be able to play the game. Mainly I'm wondering, are SSD's really worth it? And as far as ram goes do I really need that much or is 4gb of some ddr3 going to cut it? A lot of people seem to back nvidia on these boards and I've always been an AMD/ATI guy, what's the trade off?

I had kinda gotten out of the gaming / computer thing for a while so I'm a little behind on some stuff. But I'd like to put together something that I'll get some mileage off of. I dare not post my current computers specs as they are embarrassing. The thing I thought I may be able to use out of my current pc is my psu. It's a Corsair GS600, will that cut it with a "beefed up" rig?

I know this isn't really what this thread is for but you seem to have some knowledge on the matter so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any responses.

The SSD is worth it for games that have large amounts of data or lots of loading. Skyrim is virtually instantaneous for loading cells. Longest I ever wait is 2 sec. Never long enough to actually read the tips that come up.

I've got 16 gb, ram is pretty cheap these days, but 8 is a good balance.

I swp between ati and nvidia from time to time. I do like the nvidia driver support better.

I'm scared to know what my system cost as I have added to it and built it over time.

Pentium 4 550 HT (single core, logic 2) 3.4 Ghz 6 years old

Asus P5N-D (This has IDE cables) It's also 800 FSB

2Gb DDR2 800, Nvidia 9800 GT energy saver

Windows XP Home 32, Direct X 9

It'll run Skyrim 15-30 FPS. It drops to 0-7 when it's thinking or loading LOD briefly. I ran it mostly in 1280 x 1024 on a 1600 x 1200 screen. With 4X AA an 8X AF then highly configured. There wasn't a need to build a new rig before Skyrim & SWTOR where the render quality became more of an issue. I've had to money to build a new rig the last 6 months, but I have not for many reasons.

Asus X-79 Pro motherboard

3930K CPU

Asus 560Ti CUII TOP

32GB RAM

Corsair M4 SSD

Win 7 Pro

Skyrim, BF3 and 3d rendering/digital art in Poser.

Second the recommendation of an SSD. Skyrim loads in less than 5 seconds, game saves instantaneous, levels load in less than 2 seconds.