Modded Skyrim SE constant CTD

ff7legend

Finally!!! I believe I've figured out what was causing my CTDs while out in the wilds of Skyrim. I had some mods by Kajuan that changed the appearance of several creatures (Draugr, Troll, Hagraven, Giant, etc) in-game. Removed all of those & presto, no more CTD when trying to leave Whiterun/get near the Whiterun Stables. Crossing my fingers that I can finally play a modded Skyrim SE with minimal issues now.

ff7legend

I also have a ton of texture overwrites. This doesn't cause CTD's. In addition to making sure you have merged and bashed patches as I linked above, use Wrye Bash after running LOOT to make manual changes in your load order. LOOT's load order should not be taken as final. Anything red or orange in Wrye Bash must be fixed. If any of the masters listed for a given plugin are the Bethesda game files - which you cannot reorder - use SSEEdit's "Sort masters" feature for that plugin.

And +1 to Vrakyas' statement about Oldrim textures. Don't do that. Use SSE textures, or, if you know how, convert them.